The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoyo462001
Okay are you even running a custom rom? Have you even rooted your phone?

The phone is rooted, im not running a custom rom. I think all i need is a zip file for the OS so that I can recover it. However I have no idea where I can get that.
Original post by yutinai_ti

The phone is rooted, im not running a custom rom. I think all i need is a zip file for the OS so that I can recover it. However I have no idea where I can get that.

Head over to XDA developers and make a thread about this. You'll need provide as much info as possible, right now I have no idea what you've done to your phone. But rest assured the fact you can get into the bootloader means that you can recover from whatever you did.
Original post by yoyo462001
Head over to XDA developers and make a thread about this. You'll need provide as much info as possible, right now I have no idea what you've done to your phone. But rest assured the fact you can get into the bootloader means that you can recover from whatever you did.

Cheers for the suggestions. Just a question though, what is Clockworkmod...

Cheers for the suggestions. Just a question though, what is Clockworkmod...

It's a custom recovery that is widely used in the custom rom community. With it I can flash a variety of things including roms, but most importantly I can do a NAND backup which allows me to make an image of my phone and then if I mess up, which I have done a lot in the past :tongue:, recover my phone to its previous state.
Original post by G8D
People should not root with this little knowledge :no:

I guess you are right...

Just managed to get my Desire working now though after going through my memory card looking for an update file. Renamed it to update.zip, installed that using the recovery option and now it up and running again. Thanks for all the help...

Now I have got a Desire and a Galaxy s2... Should have tried harder to fix it before going out to get a new phone. Oh well...
What is the phone with the random recovery method using a snipped off usb cable and a paperclip?
Original post by G8D
People should not root with this little knowledge :no:

Which is why locked but unlockable bootloaders should be a standard. If the manufacturers provided a tool to unlock with a warning of the consequences of this action, it would surely stop people who aren't sure to do the proper research first.
Original post by rorydaredking
What is the phone with the random recovery method using a snipped off usb cable and a paperclip?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=892026

?
Finally received my HTC Sensation following a plethora of delays! Shall be unpacking it momentarily.
Question guys. With the Atrix now getting an unlocked bootloader along with the sensation:-

Atrix, Sensation or Galaxy S 2?
Ach. So after powering up my Sensation, I've noticed a few small flecks of dust/debris somehow trapped under the screen. Only really noticeable on a light background, but incredibly annoying nonetheless.
Ok, going away on epic holiday and my mate with an iPhone has this case that's also an extra battery basically and i was wodnering if they do one for the HTC Desire S?

I've googled it and can't find anything but would still like a reasonable case/cover before i go anyway...

Budget:Reasonable
Needs: Protect the pohone a bit as going to ASia for 2 months with the thing and don't want it to get trashed...
Didn't think you could manually replace the battery on the iPhone...
Reply 5393
Original post by MHorman
Ok, going away on epic holiday and my mate with an iPhone has this case that's also an extra battery basically and i was wodnering if they do one for the HTC Desire S?

I've googled it and can't find anything but would still like a reasonable case/cover before i go anyway...

Budget:Reasonable
Needs: Protect the pohone a bit as going to ASia for 2 months with the thing and don't want it to get trashed...

You should check out http://power-skin.com. If they dont do them couldnt you just buy another battery before you go?
Original post by AugustWestie
Didn't think you could manually replace the battery on the iPhone...

It's a case with an extra battery in...

Original post by johnnn
You should check out http://power-skin.com. If they dont do them couldnt you just buy another battery before you go?

It has the Desire HD but i'm guessing as it doesn't say Desire S then the Desire HD is different in size...

Any other similiar companies anyone knows of that may do one for my phone?
This is a lot easier than having two batteries as when i want to charge this would charge both at the same time without having to swap stuff over etc...
Shouldn't the Galaxy S2 have 16GB internal memory? Why is it when I check it it says device memory 1.73GB?
I just opted for the HTC Sensation over the Galaxy. Why? More robust, still root with HTC sense (which I still love - call me bland lol), nicer weight and better aesthetically. Also the fact that I've had a Magic, Hero, Legend, Desire - so I felt I was compelled to keep with HTC. I'm a fan.

Now to really rub it in my office workforce who have iPhone 4's in abundance.
Reply 5397
Original post by onaslipperyslope
Shouldn't the Galaxy S2 have 16GB internal memory? Why is it when I check it it says device memory 1.73GB?

That's for apps, there should be a bit below saying something like 14GB
Original post by mcp2
That's for apps, there should be a bit below saying something like 14GB

Ok it says USB storage 10.72GB. Which one is normally used? I thought the apps are stored on the internal memory as normal?
Reply 5399
Original post by onaslipperyslope
Ok it says USB storage 10.72GB. Which one is normally used? I thought the apps are stored on the internal memory as normal?

System storage is the one for apps, USB storage is your internal memory for videos or whatever and SD card is the card you slot in

Latest

Trending

Trending