The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

What comes first? Results or accommodation 'results'?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 881
Original post by ViralRiver

Results. We only get allocated accomodation after we get in. I doubt Imperial will be that quick. Best case scenario, the post with your acceptance letter + accomodation letter in the post before you go collect your results.
Reply 882

Original post by Dark-Myth
Results. We only get allocated accomodation after we get in. I doubt Imperial will be that quick. Best case scenario, the post with your acceptance letter + accomodation letter in the post before you go collect your results.

Not gonna happen, hall allocations get sent out to us late August or early Sept. xD We can wish though?
I'll be wishing :r . So I take it we get like real mail stuff coming through our door? I've never had anything from Imperial xD - though I have about 20-30 emails from them >.> .
Reply 884
I'll be wishing :r . So I take it we get like real mail stuff coming through our door? I've never had anything from Imperial xD - though I have about 20-30 emails from them >.> .

We should get a welcome pack with actual paper-and-ink booklets, etc :P My friend did, I've seen the Clubs and Societies booklet (you get a few other things in there too though. ^^)
Original post by arianex
We should get a welcome pack with actual paper-and-ink booklets, etc :P My friend did, I've seen the Clubs and Societies booklet (you get a few other things in there too though. ^^)

:O I can't wait. I've only received one university document in the mail and it was a thank-you card from southampton for applying xD . It's still on the shelf beside me now:rolleyes:.
Reply 886
:O I can't wait. I've only received one university document in the mail and it was a thank-you card from southampton for applying xD . It's still on the shelf beside me now:rolleyes:.

Hmm...the only snail mail Pimpy's sent me would have to be my interview invite. xD

With the other unis - Surrey, Leeds and Nottingham have sent me flyers, leaflets etc after I applied and was given offers. Oxford, however, just mailed me their rejection - not even their interview invite was sent via snail mail, just email. Eepington. :tongue: The only thing I've still kept, however, would be the Leeds stuff and the interview invite from Pimpy. :biggrin:
Original post by arianex
Hmm...the only snail mail Pimpy's sent me would have to be my interview invite. xD

With the other unis - Surrey, Leeds and Nottingham have sent me flyers, leaflets etc after I applied and was given offers. Oxford, however, just mailed me their rejection - not even their interview invite was sent via snail mail, just email. Eepington. :tongue: The only thing I've still kept, however, would be the Leeds stuff and the interview invite from Pimpy. :biggrin:

Oooh yes I got some accommodation mail from Sheffield and the likes. Imperial emailed me the interview invite, about 4 days before the interview... My school didn't want to give me time off for it because I'd be missing too much content and would lower my chances of getting into uni. Don't have to tell you how much I raged at them :tongue: .
Reply 888
Oooh yes I got some accommodation mail from Sheffield and the likes. Imperial emailed me the interview invite, about 4 days before the interview... My school didn't want to give me time off for it because I'd be missing too much content and would lower my chances of getting into uni. Don't have to tell you how much I raged at them :tongue: .

Hah...cool school, that is. xD 1 day's not going to hurt!

Oh gosh, don't even get me started on the amount of time I missed in the Autumn term just for university interviews (and the amount of money I paid on train tickets! XD) Add the fact that I also was working on the school's major theater production...and I ended up being behind on my academics for the good part of a month. My chem teacher was rather worried, to say the least - I quote: "ANOTHER missed lesson? Good grief, Ari, you're never going to make it into uni at this rate. The irony..." :tongue:
Original post by arianex
Hah...cool school, that is. xD 1 day's not going to hurt!

Oh gosh, don't even get me started on the amount of time I missed in the Autumn term just for university interviews (and the amount of money I paid on train tickets! XD) Add the fact that I also was working on the school's major theater production...and I ended up being behind on my academics for the good part of a month. My chem teacher was rather worried, to say the least - I quote: "ANOTHER missed lesson? Good grief, Ari, you're never going to make it into uni at this rate. The irony..." :tongue:

Haha same here, I missed a good 12 days just to visit unis (Imperial was my only interview, and first interview ever :s ). My chemistry teacher was the most worried. I told her not to worry, because I don't like or need chemistry, so I won't be working for it anyway xD . I wish I didn't have to take it, but my school don't regard f.maths as a subject, so required me to carry chemistry on this year as well. I'm one of those people who just can't not revise for an exam even if it means nothing. Alas I spent a week revising chemistry, which in turn has definitely brought down these further pure modules :frown: .
Reply 890
Haha same here, I missed a good 12 days just to visit unis (Imperial was my only interview, and first interview ever :s ). My chemistry teacher was the most worried. I told her not to worry, because I don't like or need chemistry, so I won't be working for it anyway xD . I wish I didn't have to take it, but my school don't regard f.maths as a subject, so required me to carry chemistry on this year as well. I'm one of those people who just can't not revise for an exam even if it means nothing. Alas I spent a week revising chemistry, which in turn has definitely brought down these further pure modules :frown: .

12 days?!?! Sacre bloody bleu. xD
Well that's where you and I differ - I need chem for my offer (I do only 3 subjects xD), and I actually like it so it was a bit of a "HOMG NOOOO--" moment when I was falling behind a tad. :tongue: But how can your school not regard FM as a subject though? :/
Original post by arianex
12 days?!?! Sacre bloody bleu. xD
Well that's where you and I differ - I need chem for my offer (I do only 3 subjects xD), and I actually like it so it was a bit of a "HOMG NOOOO--" moment when I was falling behind a tad. :tongue: But how can your school not regard FM as a subject though? :/

They don't have the teachers to teach it =\ . So they get the FMSP in, and we had a teacher from Surrey uni this year. But it's a lesson a week and not properly timetabled.

I can't stand chemistry. I only took it because it was a science and I got 100% in additional chemistry, when all you worried about was remembering the reaction in the haber process. You didn't even need state symbols back then xD .

EDIT: Then again I'm one of those people who just don't like to learn from others. Take C3 for example, I self studied that and took it in Jan, got 100 (which I'd never achieved in anything in my life). Take C1 for example, a year of teaching and couldn't even pull off 90%, it wasn't a hard paper either. I decided to skip out on the last month or so of school just to revise using my own methods. Seemed to work on the most part anyway (here's hoping o.o).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 892
Lol. The interviews during Autumn is precisely why I dropped from an A* prediction in Chem down to a D.
Reply 893
Where do the bioengineering lectures take place? Will it be closer to Beit or Southside?
Original post by hardees
Where do the bioengineering lectures take place? Will it be closer to Beit or Southside?

Seriously you are looking at a 1 minute difference either way, does it matter?
Hello,

I am a postgrad student and i have applied for single room at clayponds village. The thing is that there was no vacancy for en-suite rooms and i would like to know if the situation at the bathroom is tolerable, because i heard that 3 students share a bathroom. Currently i am reconsidering for griffon studios, so any experience from clayponds village is welcome !
Reply 896
Original post by crazylemon
Seriously you are looking at a 1 minute difference either way, does it matter?

What about Eastside ?
Original post by hardees
What about Eastside ?

That is right next to southside...
about the accommodation at Imperial, i was getting nervous as to how people will take to me in my halls as im Gay. does anyone know the average 'gay intake' into Imperial halls, or anyone with first hand experience of it?
Original post by Mathew boddington
about the accommodation at Imperial, i was getting nervous as to how people will take to me in my halls as im Gay. does anyone know the average 'gay intake' into Imperial halls, or anyone with first hand experience of it?

Depends on the corridor. Mine had a rather large number at 5/28 including me. Never knew it to be an issue with anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending