Reply 2541
Original post by laurenl93
Agreed.
Then vodka yes?

More of a JD man myself; but will be accepting whatever comes my way :beer:
Original post by laurenl93
Agreed.
Then vodka yes?
agreed. However more tiddlywinks (yr12) will be applying cus they'll be all "OMGZ may as well apply for medicine lol coz uni doesn't get u any jobz apparaz lol"

Agreed. :sexface:

**** i hope not. the last thing any of us need is even more competition than this year
I can't believe i'm freeeee :woo:
Reply 2544
Finally finished!!! :O
Did anyone see the post yesterday about the guy not getting to do his S2 exam because he forgot about the clash, ouch :/
Original post by Tinth
Finally finished!!! :O
Did anyone see the post yesterday about the guy not getting to do his S2 exam because he forgot about the clash, ouch :/

Yepp i just saw it. I feel for him..
But shouldn't have made that kind of mistake though.
Idk maybe because I over-panic about exams, read my timetable so many times I memorised it - wish my brain worked like that during revision
Reply 2546
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Yepp i just saw it. I feel for him..
But shouldn't have made that kind of mistake though.
Idk maybe because I over-panic about exams, read my timetable so many times I memorised it - wish my brain worked like that during revision

My school are so anal about the entire thing that it would almost be impossible to forget, we have to put our bags in a seperate place and they have each of us marked on the seating plan so that kind of thing couldn't happen.
I wonder what they'll do about it, it is a bit of a stupid mistake but they might take it into account considering it was just a mistake and other centres could have let him back in again and treated it differently like reporting it but letting him sit it anyway :/
Reply 2547
Exams - Done. 2nd year application - about to begin. It starts Monday, this weekend, forget about everything work-related.
just out of interest guys - if you didnt achieve any A*s this summer and just had AAA would you still reapply for medicine?
Original post by bertstare
just out of interest guys - if you didnt achieve any A*s this summer and just had AAA would you still reapply for medicine?

Having achieved your A levels, I would say you can still reapply with AAA
As long as you pick the right medical schools, you can always maximise your chances..
Reply 2550
That's it! No more exams. Anyone else not feeling it though? Maybe it'll hit me tomorrow, but i'm just not as happy as i thought i would be

If i'm honest, i'm really worried i haven't got 3A's. I'm going to start making contingency plans tomorrow. What could i do if i were to get, say, AAB in August? Are there any medical schools that accept AAB or accept one Jan 2012 resit? :ashamed2:
Reply 2551
Are people applying through school or as individuals?
Original post by -Taz-
That's it! No more exams. Anyone else not feeling it though? Maybe it'll hit me tomorrow, but i'm just not as happy as i thought i would be

If i'm honest, i'm really worried i haven't got 3A's. I'm going to start making contingency plans tomorrow. What could i do if i were to get, say, AAB in August? Are there any medical schools that accept AAB or accept one Jan 2012 resit? :ashamed2:

start looking here but seems to be a wee bit out of date but gives you links to the unis so you can check out the aab unis should you need it.

http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=78
Reply 2553
I feel sooo free right about now. Its wierd not having to do anything at alll! And the vodka last night was good :biggrin:
Original post by Swoosh

I think it's through school, if they're the ones writing your reference

Original post by -Taz-

I know how you feel, everyone kinda felt numb afterwards
Like i kinda got happy today but then i just booked the UKCAT and realised that there's still alot to do..
Guys I've posted this many times and I'm sorry! but I'm really nervous about my situation.
An unfortunate event meant that I couldn't sit my final maths exam, so the highest grade I can get for maths now is a B. What would happen if my college explains my situation to the uni's I'm applying to? Will they accept that I have to take the exam in january? Will I be considered a resit candidate although technically it's not a resit? =[
Thanks.
Original post by Swoosh

:hi:
Not a 2012 reapp, successful 2011 reapp here :h:

I applied via my old school, if you're getting someone from your school to do the reference then you might as well apply via school since it'll make things easier.. if you're getting someone else to do it though then you'll probably have to apply individual I would think :yep:
Original post by Jin3011
Guys I've posted this many times and I'm sorry! but I'm really nervous about my situation.
An unfortunate event meant that I couldn't sit my final maths exam, so the highest grade I can get for maths now is a B. What would happen if my college explains my situation to the uni's I'm applying to? Will they accept that I have to take the exam in january? Will I be considered a resit candidate although technically it's not a resit? =[
Thanks.

Right, by all means check this, but AFAIK you would be considered as a resit applicant, medical schools that do not like/accept resit applicants generally say that A levels have to be completed within a 2 year time frame, rather than no resits etc.

So check the wiki (should be a link to the medicine wiki in my sig, and then you can find the page on medicine resits) on resits and you'll be able to see where would or wouldn't allow you to apply (as of 2010 at least)

Sorry to hear about the B at best :console:
Reply 2557
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:hi:
Not a 2012 reapp, successful 2011 reapp here :h:

I applied via my old school, if you're getting someone from your school to do the reference then you might as well apply via school since it'll make things easier.. if you're getting someone else to do it though then you'll probably have to apply individual I would think :yep:

I'm trying to apply through school but everyone I've asked doesn't know the UCAS buzzword. :/ It's really quite annoying.
Hmm is anyone starting their ps/ ukcat revision today?

Better start some work since I spent the whole weekend drinking this past month away
Also I CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT I DID IN MY LIFE WHEN I DIDN'T HAVE TO REVISE.

Gutted :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending