The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
My mum's gone off home, so I'm now free to devote myself to you brawlers, bawlers and bastards. I don't know about you lot, but I feel ****ing AWESOME.

Original post by miser
I am totally drunk already. :tongue:

Who has what cider???

Glad to hear it. :biggrin: I'm on the homebrew apple and cherry, and very nice it is too (and gets nicer with every sip :biggrin:)

Original post by JTM
I'm a bit of a cider amateur, but I love it nonetheless. It's my birthday so I'm going to be enjoying lots of lovely cider. The one's that are always recommended are mixed fruit Kopparberg and Brothers strawberry cider; which is the best?

Homebrew! Seriously, you have no idea how good it feels to take a good long glug of your very own homemade cider. It's honestly one of the best things I've ever tasted.

Original post by rmhumphries
Tesco cider, I am very poor.

Even more poor after today, despite the fact it is payday :frown:

For the third time in one post I'm going to say it: brew your own. It probably works out at about £1 a litre, tastes fantastic, and gets you ****ed.
Original post by superwolf
My mum's gone off home, so I'm now free to devote myself to you brawlers, bawlers and bastards. I don't know about you lot, but I feel ****ing AWESOME.

Glad to hear it. :biggrin: I'm on the homebrew apple and cherry, and very nice it is too (and gets nicer with every sip :biggrin:)

Homebrew! Seriously, you have no idea how good it feels to take a good long glug of your very own homemade cider. It's honestly one of the best things I've ever tasted.

For the third time in one post I'm going to say it: brew your own. It probably works out at about £1 a litre, tastes fantastic, and gets you ****ed.

I intend to, next Monday. Friend who doesn't drink would not approve, but she goes tomorrow (see DT for the **** she has done btw), so can make my own after tomorrow, next time I go shopping is Monday. Unfortunately, each of the three times you have told me has been in the week she has been here xP
Reply 142
How much would you lot complain if I joined you in the drinking, but not in the drinking of cider?
Reply 143
Original post by laut_biru
How much would you lot complain if I joined you in the drinking, but not in the drinking of cider?

I've been drinking vodka myself :smile:
Reply 144
I intend to, next Monday. Friend who doesn't drink would not approve, but she goes tomorrow (see DT for the **** she has done btw), so can make my own after tomorrow, next time I go shopping is Monday. Unfortunately, each of the three times you have told me has been in the week she has been here xP

:rofl: I know I'm more than a little obsessed with cider... one of my sister's friends told me I get a strange look in my eye when I talk about brewing cider. And yet I still insist, brewing cider is the right thing to do. You will not regret it. In fact you will rejoice. And **** your friend (literally or metaphorically, however you prefer :tongue:), either way just make yourself some delicious alcohol goddamnit!

I wonder how many I've had by this point... :mmm:
Reply 145

Do you solemnly swear that in the future you will drink nothing but the juice of the apple?
Reply 146
Thatchers Gold Cider & Brothers Strawberry Cider:love:
Reply 147
Do you solemnly swear that in the future you will drink nothing but the juice of the apple?

No I bloody well do not! :tongue:

Will homebrew (brewed by a family friend) summer fruits gin suffice?
Reply 148
No I bloody well do not! :tongue:

Will homebrew (brewed by a family friend) summer fruits gin suffice?

Ok fine. But you have to put on a Somerset accent for the duration of your drunkenness. And you have to come camping.

Join, but you need to drink twice as much as our chief, superwolf as you are not drinking cider.

:rofl: I know I'm more than a little obsessed with cider... one of my sister's friends told me I get a strange look in my eye when I talk about brewing cider. And yet I still insist, brewing cider is the right thing to do. You will not regret it. In fact you will rejoice. And **** your friend (literally or metaphorically, however you prefer :tongue:), either way just make yourself some delicious alcohol goddamnit!

I wonder how many I've had by this point... :mmm:

Na, you are perfectly balanced in regards to cider! And I am with you, I want to brew cider again, just don't want girl with me to dislike me any more than she does already!

Would like to literally, but see sentence above :tongue: *walks to DT* And will make lovely alcohol Monday. Or Maybe tomorrow xD
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 150
Join, but you need to drink twice as much as our chief, superwolf as you are not drinking cider.

Oh god. All I have in the house is wine and champagne (that I can't touch), gin that's at 30% (and there's not much of it), and a few bottles of whisky.

Superwolf, I think rmhumpries just curtailed your drinking :tongue:
Ok fine. But you have to put on a Somerset accent for the duration of your drunkenness. And you have to come camping.

This.
Oh god. All I have in the house is wine and champagne (that I can't touch), gin that's at 30% (and there's not much of it), and a few bottles of whisky.

Its ok, you have to keep up with him, not him having to stay down with you :tongue:
Reply 153

Na, you are perfectly balanced in regards to cider! And I am with you, I want to brew cider again, just don't want girl with me to dislike me any more than she does already!

Would like to literally, but see sentence above :tongue: *walks to DT* And will make lovely alcohol Monday. Or Maybe tomorrow xD

I agree with you on so many points here: that I am your divine leader, that I am entirely justified in my entirely-non-excessive alcohol production/consumption, and that ****ing people and things in general is a good thing and to be encouraged.

Nobody can curtail my drinking. It is like the sun and the wind, it is a force of nature.
Reply 154
I agree with you on so many points here: that I am your divine leader, that I am entirely justified in my entirely-non-excessive alcohol production/consumption, and that ****ing people and things in general is a good thing and to be encouraged.

Nobody can curtail my drinking. It is like the sun and the wind, it is a force of nature.

'things in general'??!?!

How much have you had to drink tonight?
Reply 155
Original post by nia512
I like drinking my cider when it's mixed with blackcurrant squash :smile:

Cider Black :coma:
Reply 156

Teach me, master.
Reply 157
'things in general'??!?!

How much have you had to drink tonight?

more than a pint and less than a gallon... I think.

Original post by JTM
Teach me, master.

Look in the OP. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 158

Do you often drink more than a gallon? Your poor liver.. *hugs and comforts superwolf's liver*

Look in the OP. :wink:

Gallon = 5.564 litres maybe? Between 5 and 6 I am almost certain!

Do you often drink more than a gallon? Your poor liver.. *hugs and comforts superwolf's liver*

*stern look* I hope you have drunk between 2 pints and 2 gallons!

Quick Reply

Latest