University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bathwiggle
you you don't think you really want to get it then? :tongue:

not much you can really do though about the things that happen.

I already own it :lol:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by paddy__power
I already own it :lol:

be like that then :tongue:

avon way house

A 48 week tenancy. from £89.50 a week. They aren't en-suite, but have parking for your car. 15 min walk from campus, a shared kitchen and common room. I think there are up to 6 people per a flat, and always a mix. Sky in the common rooms from 2011. The rooms here are nicer than forest road house.

Forest road house
6 rooms to a flat, some flats are en-suite, but cost more.

the room types are:
Single Room
Single Room with en suite Bathroom (Toilet and Shower)
Double Room with en suite Bathroom (Toilet and Shower)
Single Room. Flat Includes Communal Lounge.

Parking on site, and bicycle storage. The cleaners do clean, but won't be doing your washing up. A mix of students and years.Rent (in 2010) ranged from £280.00-£450.00pm. 20 min from campus in greenstead. It's an 11 month contract, and you can arrange to have virgin installed apparently

Greenstead house.

It's awful, dark, dingy, 20 seconds from tescos and has parking. 15 min from campus, flats take 5-6 people.
£320.00-£450.00pm

room options are:
Single Room
Bigger Single Room with en suite Bathroom (Toilet and Shower)

Right on the bus route, so you can get a bus to and from campus, which is more than you can do with the other houses. 11 month contract.

All 3 come with internet and bills included.

----I will point out, i get less coherent with lack of sleep... therefore what i've written may make even less sense than normal :tongue:
be like that then :tongue:

avon way house

A 48 week tenancy. from £89.50 a week. They aren't en-suite, but have parking for your car. 15 min walk from campus, a shared kitchen and common room. I think there are up to 6 people per a flat, and always a mix. Sky in the common rooms from 2011. The rooms here are nicer than forest road house.

Forest road house
6 rooms to a flat, some flats are en-suite, but cost more.

the room types are:
Single Room
Single Room. Flat Includes Communal Lounge.

Parking on site, and bicycle storage. The cleaners do clean, but won't be doing your washing up. A mix of students and years.Rent (in 2010) ranged from £280.00-£450.00pm. 20 min from campus in greenstead. It's an 11 month contract, and you can arrange to have virgin installed apparently

Greenstead house.

It's awful, dark, dingy, 20 seconds from tescos and has parking. 15 min from campus, flats take 5-6 people.
£320.00-£450.00pm

room options are:
Single Room
Bigger Single Room with en suite Bathroom (Toilet and Shower)

Right on the bus route, so you can get a bus to and from campus, which is more than you can do with the other houses. 11 month contract.

All 3 come with internet and bills included.

----I will point out, i get less coherent with lack of sleep... therefore what i've written may make even less sense than normal :tongue:

I will edit it when I can be bothered :tongue:

I will edit it when I can be bothered :tongue:

its basic but its something. I'm sure this time shouldn't exist but i don't feel tired.and i've managed to get too tangled in my duvet :confused:
its basic but its something. I'm sure this time shouldn't exist but i don't feel tired.and i've managed to get too tangled in my duvet :confused:

It's not that late.

I'm contemplating a ready meal but not sure currently :holmes:
It's not that late.

I'm contemplating a ready meal but not sure currently :holmes:

for someone who likes to go to bed at ten and get up at 7... its late. But don't need to do anything tomorrow until midday so its not too bad.

I'm debating finishing off the pasta bake i had for tea.... my fridge has loads of food i should probably eat at somepoint.

which ready meal?
for someone who likes to go to bed at ten and get up at 7... its late. But don't need to do anything tomorrow until midday so its not too bad.

I'm debating finishing off the pasta bake i had for tea.... my fridge has loads of food i should probably eat at somepoint.

which ready meal?

I don't know. Some sort of curry. I don't want it but am reasonably hungry and other options are takeaway or make some pasta and sauce which is effort.
have a drink instead? pasta is hardly effort? its easier than a jacket potato.

I don't know. Some sort of curry. I don't want it but am reasonably hungry and other options are takeaway or make some pasta and sauce which is effort.
have a drink instead? pasta is hardly effort? its easier than a jacket potato.

It involves washing up, waiting and then cleaning after. I've just stuck one in the microwave.
It involves washing up, waiting and then cleaning after. I've just stuck one in the microwave.

potato?

Want to come do my washing up? its ready to be done now, but i was too busy reading earlier.
potato?

Want to come do my washing up? its ready to be done now, but i was too busy reading earlier.

Do your own housework woman :hand:
Do your own housework woman :hand:

I'll cook?
I'll cook?

Cook what?
Cook what?

going by whats in my fridge... something with chicken, mince, fish cakes or/and bacon.

or theres salad. There is always salad, i don't like salad.

Unless you want the whole list of what i can cook.
going by whats in my fridge... something with chicken, mince, fish cakes or/and bacon.

or theres salad. There is always salad, i don't like salad.

Unless you want the whole list of what i can cook.

If you have bread, butter and brown sauce then a pile of bacon sarnies could work. A pile.
If you have bread, butter and brown sauce then a pile of bacon sarnies could work. A pile.

lack of bread would be a problem then :biggrin: I only ever have some if brat comes over.
lack of bread would be a problem then :biggrin: I only ever have some if brat comes over.

You have nothing I want then :hand:
You have nothing I want then :hand:

fine, be like that, i'll just get gary to do it tomorrow. He might as well be useful if he's over here... he'll tell me tomorrow he's not coming back here now, you wait and see.
fine, be like that, i'll just get gary to do it tomorrow. He might as well be useful if he's over here... he'll tell me tomorrow he's not coming back here now, you wait and see.

I hope so. Then you will wish you had bread ^^

I wish I had bread tbh :lol:
I hope so. Then you will wish you had bread ^^

I wish I had bread tbh :lol:

if he doesn't i'll go buy bread? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest