The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

i spoke to AQA earlier they said to email [email protected]

If they receive more than 250 complains regarding at-least the structure or wording of the questions as-well as lack of content related question(s) they have suggested the boundaries will be scaled down. GET EMAILING EVERYONE SPREAD THE WORD!!

[email protected]
Original post by danneh150
How did your teacher manage to get that?

Can he get Mark Schemes for other exams too?

Thank you by the way, I feel much better about the exam now :smile:

He's an ICT examiner, so he'll be marking papers, thats how I got the MS. I can't get ones for other subjects unfortunately. :frown: Don't forget people you'll still get marks for valid points even if they're not on the MS.
Original post by gchaggar75

If they receive more than 250 complains regarding at-least the structure or wording of the questions as-well as lack of content related question(s) they have suggested the boundaries will be scaled down. GET EMAILING EVERYONE SPREAD THE WORD!!

[email protected]

will do this. looking at the mark scheme the 15 marker is so stupid. the mark scheme says we must apply answers to a school when it wasn't clearly stated in the exam.

what did you write in your email?

[email protected]

yeahh what did you say because i felt that the questions were badly worded, and some of the questions i felt werent even on the spec..... but that may have been as a result of me not being able to interpret the question x
Original post by safwaansh
will do this. looking at the mark scheme the 15 marker is so stupid. the mark scheme says we must apply answers to a school when it wasn't clearly stated in the exam.

True, it didn't say you have to reference to schools, it said "for example" so it was badly phrased, if they wanted us to refer to schools it should of said "using school and colleges....answer this question"
Reply 625

[email protected]

Haha thank you! I've emailed them complaining about the structure/wording/content and added this onto the end:
"I hope something will be done about this because as you know, these grades will affect our future and chances of getting into university."

BOOM
Original post by l0livia
Haha thank you! I've emailed them complaining about the structure/wording/content and added this onto the end:
"I hope something will be done about this because as you know, these grades will affect our future and chances of getting into university."

BOOM

i want to email them but my concern is they'll track down my exam paper and mark me down. you never know, they could do!
Original post by ,,,,
True, it didn't say you have to reference to schools, it said "for example" so it was badly phrased, if they wanted us to refer to schools it should of said "using school and colleges....answer this question"

did you refer to schools by the way? i wrote like three pages refering to organisations in general but i've definately not got a lot of marks because the mark scheme says answers must be related to schools.

AQA!!!!
Reply 628
i want to email them but my concern is they'll track down my exam paper and mark me down. you never know, they could do!

Haha what, they can't do that, they have to take complaints seriously...just don't put your full name at the bottom of the e-mail, i didn't..

Well it did state in a school or college environment. Thats pretty clear if you ask me. Though it was said right at the bottom of the question rather that they should have said right at the beginning, "In a school of college environment blah blah".
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MadCatChiken
Well it did state in a school or college environment. Thats pretty clear if you ask me. Though it was said right at the bottom of the question rather that they should have said right at the beginning, "In a school of college environment blah blah".

how many would you say i've lost for not applying it?
how many would you say i've lost for not applying it?

No idea, just hope the person marking it is nice cos you'll still get marks probs for making valid answers.
AQA and the other exam boards are being investigated by OFQUAL: http://web.aqa.org.uk/exam-errors.php

everyone complain to AQA about the wording of this exam for all our sakes. the more complaints they get the more likely it is grade boundaries will go down.
did you refer to schools by the way? i wrote like three pages refering to organisations in general but i've definately not got a lot of marks because the mark scheme says answers must be related to schools.

AQA!!!!

Yes i did refer to schools, but i did refer to a workplace as well e.g. large organisation etc
for the 20 marker i defined systems and then said how they help the organisation. will i lose marks for not explicitly saying how the use of ict systems helps organisations help organisations function effectively? i just gave examples such as reducing costs as lower level tasks replace admin staff etc.
Reply 635
Heya :smile: does anyone still have the link to the mark scheme? I was completely baffled by some of the questions and the way they were phrased.. even after reading through 3 seperate AQA text books and making notes on every page! I expect people say the papers were too hard each year but this ICT one was in another league to my 4 other subjects. Our college also has a policy in which they don't disclose any coursework marks for this subject so we've been left completely in the dark... could be U's all round for all we know. Ridiculous!
Reply 636
Ha, AQA are such nobs...this is their reply to my complaint e-mail:

Dear Olivia,
Thank you for your e-mail about the recent A-Level ICT INFO3 examination.
Unfortunately it is not possible to provide responses to queries from candidates so please refer any issues you may have to your ICT teacher at your school/college. If your teacher considers it appropriate to raise the issue with AQA then please ask the teacher to contact us directly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

AQA ICT Subject Team
Hey guys,

I've been asked by AQA to pass on that any mark scheme being circulated with regards to this exam is confidential and should not be posted on the forums.
I don't believe said mark scheme should have been distributed by anyone that had access to it, and those that have were in breach of AQA instruction.

So please don't post up the mark scheme!
Original post by l0livia
Ha, AQA are such nobs...this is their reply to my complaint e-mail:

Dear Olivia,
Thank you for your e-mail about the recent A-Level ICT INFO3 examination.
Unfortunately it is not possible to provide responses to queries from candidates so please refer any issues you may have to your ICT teacher at your school/college. If your teacher considers it appropriate to raise the issue with AQA then please ask the teacher to contact us directly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

AQA ICT Subject Team

i'll just pretend i'm a teacher then!
Original post by LadyElectra

Original post by LadyElectra
Whyyy has the marking scheme beeen removed????????? could someone please repost it?? i really need to take a look at it... i wrote a whole load of bulls**t in the exam :frown:

Please, read my post above. As I understand it the mark scheme was not meant to have been distributed, and those that have broke an agreement with AQA that it remains confidential.

If people keep requesting it despite me asking otherwise we may have to lock the thread. So please don't!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending