The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Oh that reminds me, ive yet to watch 2.22222222222 :beard:

I mean 2.0 ...dont know where i got all the 2222s from :mmm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Final episodes of C and Ano Hana are out, pretty certain they're the first series to have finished and been fully subbed from the current season. :yes:
Original post by vin
:huff: Its a good break from all this mecha ive been watching lately. And was so damn funny at times :laugh: and even a bit cute.:h: That main character was annoying though :wtf: lying down and taking all that from the bitch of a sister and yet he was able to stand up to his big scary dad and take a punch :zomg: and other such things.

:rofl: makes me wana watch those funny scenes again :mmm:

ah fair enough :yep:

Original post by HolyFuzazzle

Spoiler

Just I've never appreciated properly the high pitched cute slow girl in anime XD Though she is cute... Tsuruko's kinda uptight and blegh but she's sorta hot (no homo). And Yukiatsu yeah he's a bit of a d******d but I'm interested in him cuz he's so messed up, like

Spoiler

Spoiler

tbh i dont usually but theres just something about Menma :p: :cute: lol Tsuruko meh but i find Anaru quite cutely hot :colondollar: i see so you like messed up guys :lolwut: :sexface: :awesome:

last ep has just been released but havent been in an anime watching mood recently, been addicted to Persona 3 Portable last few days :moon:
Reply 1303
Well Ranma is continuing to prove my "Rumiko Takahashi" theory. Take a mildly interesting premise, some interesting characters, and promptly run it all into the ground for a few hundred chapters/episodes.

I enjoyed Evangelion 2...it's when it starts to truly diverge from the original anime :yes:
Reply 1304
I have to say, the one thing I do like about 'Gift: Eternal Rainbow' is how honest the characters are about their feelings. They are surprisingly direct, unlike the wide majority of romance anime where the characters are in denial, often until the very end, and even then there's no guarantee that they'll truly express their love for each other. This is especially the case with visual novel adaptations, so it's rather refreshing that 'Gift: Eternal Rainbow' hasn't wasted any time doing this (currently on episode 9).

However, we're now getting "Kaede" vibes from Kirino (she even bears a resemblance in character design):

Spoiler

:giggle:
Reply 1305
Genshiken:rofl:

Ive noticed they seem to be playing the actual guilty gear game (Id like to play it since it has some really cool character designs but I dont have the right console:sad:) but they still have a "sany" tv :giggle:
I need help!

Q; WHAT IS THE SONG WHICH IS PLAYED AT THE END OF NARUTO EPISODE 167 ENGLISH SUBBED WHEN MINATO MAKES HIS APPEARANCE?

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

I need help!

Q; WHAT IS THE SONG WHICH IS PLAYED AT THE END OF NARUTO EPISODE 167 ENGLISH SUBBED WHEN MINATO MAKES HIS APPEARANCE?

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Its a Naruto OST called Tragic. :smile:
Original post by Facticity
Its a Naruto OST called Tragic. :smile:

ZOMG! Thanks so much! I've been looking for that for the past 3 hours no exaggeration! Thanks alot! <3
(edited 12 years ago)

ZOMG! Thanks so much! I've been looking for that for the p[ast 3 hours no exaggeration! Thanks alot! &lt;3

Aha! No problem. If you want to find them quicker I would just say get the OST off itunes or download them. They are released periodically so you can always find the songs. Or just google/youtube it :smile:
Original post by Facticity
Aha! No problem. If you want to find them quicker I would just say get the OST off itunes or download them. They are released periodically so you can always find the songs. Or just google/youtube it :smile:

Okay yepp I'm doing that now! Thanks. :biggrin:
I've been searching for OSTs myself; finally got around to getting the Record of Lodoss War OVA soundtrack. It is awesome. :biggrin: [EDIT] Found Captain Harlock's too. :coma: [EDIT 3] And Crest of the Stars. :love:

Currently waiting for A-P to update X-Men to finished before I watch the final episode, because that site more or less rules my life. :o: [EDIT 2] They updated! :excited: Awesome ending was awesome!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1312
I got a copy (:colondollar:) of the following titles and my sister and I sampled their first episodes to see which ones to watch.

Ao no Exorcist
Steins;Gate
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Level E
C:

At the moment we decided to continue watching Level E and Ao No Exorcist. :biggrin: I guess we're still very for comedy. Level E's first 3 episodes were brilliant, we laughed our heads off but also were shocked from time to time. Ao No Exorcist seems to be our shounen type anime this time and so far we're enjoying it a lot! We feel it's like a mix of FMA, Soul Eater and Naruto, which isn't too bad really. :smile:

I'm a little curious with Steins;Gate and DAT Flower (Ano Hi yadda yadda) so I'll probably watch that alone. C I found a little confusing so that I'll drop.
Just got confirmation from LOVEFiLM that the next DVDs I'll be receiving from them will be Panda! Go Panda! and Brave Story. :biggrin: Which are the first anime films they've sent me, despite the fact I've been on the free trial for 20 days and have had 9 live action films in that time... I feel like a failure as an anime fan. :frown:

I'm a bit confused as to why they've chosen not to send me Ninja Scroll for two deliveries in a row, however, despite it being labeled 'short wait' AND being set highest on my priority list. :hmmmm2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1314
Interesting choice with Panda! Go Panda! Honestly, I can't say I was overly enthused after watching that. Haven't seen Brave Story.
Reply 1315
I've randomly decided to resume Xenosaga after postponing it during its broadcast run. The OP is particularly epic/climatic, which I guess is a given for a science fiction series based in space:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1316
The gunpla/plamo episode of Genshiken was quite tense. :indiff: All the knockoff gundam terminology.:giggle: If anyone broke my zaku's leg like that :mad2:
Original post by Aiko
Interesting choice with Panda! Go Panda! Honestly, I can't say I was overly enthused after watching that. Haven't seen Brave Story.

Meh, they were licensed and on LOVEFiLM. Can't say there are many other anime films on offer there that I haven't already seen, so that alone is a reason to rent them. :p: Aside from that, the former is a pre-Ghibli film involving Miyazaki and Takahata, so is of some historic importance; I don't know anything about the latter other than that it's highly rated on most sites I've looked at. :yes:
Watched Ghibli's Arietty a few days ago. I can't make my mind up with it, on the one hand it's good that it's different from many of their other work with fairy tale stories and happy endings but on the other hand I quite liked those happy-happy stories.

I gave it 3/5 overall, it's not the most memorable Ghibli film but it's not the worst (Tales of Earthsea ¬.¬ )
Reply 1319
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Which are the first anime films they've sent me, despite the fact I've been on the free trial for 20 days and have had 9 live action films in that time... I feel like a failure as an anime fan.
I've been on a Lovefilm trial the last two months too, & the only animated things I've rented were Golgo 13: The Professional and a couple of Ghibli films. I suspect subconsciously my mind doesn't like renting anime -- either I want to watch (and then keep) something, or I'm not interested at all. Given how much anime is pretty disposable stuff, maybe I need to rejig that.

(Golgo 13: The Professional, for anyone who hasn't seen it, has some really beautiful animation, and over-the-top action scenes. Shame about the ridiculous plot and the infamous early CGI.)

Latest