The Student Room Group

Why can't I leave my house?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JupiterSunshine
I don't understand how people do this tbh unless it's some serious phobia. Have your parents not told you to leave the house? Go out for a walk or something?

it is quite easy to go like it.

Original post by ArchNemisis
First of all I think a lot of people are being very unfair about your situation because it really isn't something to laugh about regardless of whether or not it is a phobia. I too don't like going outside. It was quite bad for a couple of weeks but then I was forced to go shopping with my friends. Because I was out with someone I felt a lot better. Nowadays I don't go out as often as I should but if I have a friend with me I'm OK about it.
So try inviting a friend round and going for a walk with them. Just round the corner, don't push yourself. Take it a step at a time and you'll feel better about it eventually. :smile:

spot on. also i might try the friend yeah as im same too
Before I realised I had agoraphobia I stayed in the house, thinking it was normal and okay to stay in. Getting a job from your house is gonna help you in the short term and stop you feeling fear of going outside, but it's crippling what you can achieve, and it's only going to let your agoraphobia control you more. Are there any reasons you are afraid of going outside? Feeling sick? Fainting? Being stared at?
Original post by SaracottaPie

Original post by SaracottaPie
Before I realised I had agoraphobia I stayed in the house, thinking it was normal and okay to stay in. Getting a job from your house is gonna help you in the short term and stop you feeling fear of going outside, but it's crippling what you can achieve, and it's only going to let your agoraphobia control you more. Are there any reasons you are afraid of going outside? Feeling sick? Fainting? Being stared at?

I've managed to get over it now, although the only times I do leave are to go to work. When I'm out in public I just hate it. I feel like everyone is judging me negatively. It's also a lot less depressing just living in your own little world alone in your house. You can just bury your head and avoid everything. You don't have to see the depressing stuff going on in the world because you can just chose not to watch TV, and you don't have to hear all the depressing problems people have. And I don't have to realise how **** I am compared to others. If I'm alone I can't be the ugliest, or the dumbest in the room. Plus theres no real mood fluctuation, it's just a constant level, no highs and lows which is better than going from being happy to depressed.
Reply 23
Vacate the premises immediately!
Original post by ralphieinker90
I've managed to get over it now, although the only times I do leave are to go to work. When I'm out in public I just hate it. I feel like everyone is judging me negatively. It's also a lot less depressing just living in your own little world alone in your house. You can just bury your head and avoid everything. You don't have to see the depressing stuff going on in the world because you can just chose not to watch TV, and you don't have to hear all the depressing problems people have. And I don't have to realise how **** I am compared to others. If I'm alone I can't be the ugliest, or the dumbest in the room. Plus theres no real mood fluctuation, it's just a constant level, no highs and lows which is better than going from being happy to depressed.

This makes me want to cry :frown:
Original post by xxheatherxx-89

Why?
Reply 26

Me too

Why?

It's upsetting that you feel the way that you do, well I find it upsetting anyway. There's so much to life than what you described and I hope you fully get over it and see the world for how beautiful it can be
Reply 27
Osama did not leave his house for 7 years...

bear

:badger:
Original post by P4TRiiCE

Me too

It's upsetting that you feel the way that you do, well I find it upsetting anyway. There's so much to life than what you described and I hope you fully get over it and see the world for how beautiful it can be

Na, don't find it upsetting, I don't. I've just come to the realisation that lifes all a bit pointless and I'll never feel happy, no matter what. I could die in my sleep and really wouldn't care (not just cos I'm dead).
Reply 29
Na, don't find it upsetting, I don't. I've just come to the realisation that lifes all a bit pointless and I'll never feel happy, no matter what. I could die in my sleep and really wouldn't care (not just cos I'm dead).

The thing is, life isn't pointless. I strongly believe that everyone is placed on Earth for a reason and I do hope and pray that you find that reason. If you get involved with things that you're interested in, you'll meet people that have similar interests as you, develop friendships and eventually find happiness. You may not care if you die but what about friends and family? They love you.

The thing is, life isn't pointless. I strongly believe that everyone is placed on Earth for a reason and I do hope and pray that you find that reason. If you get involved with things that you're interested in, you'll meet people that have similar interests as you, develop friendships and eventually find happiness. You may not care if you die but what about friends and family? They love you.

I duno, I appreciate that it's your opinion, but I just can't see it. What point do starving africans that die as children or babies that die at birth have?
Reply 31
I duno, I appreciate that it's your opinion, but I just can't see it. What point do starving africans that die as children or babies that die at birth have?

It hurts me deeply when children die, it really does. I'd like to think that they did have a purpose though. Maybe bringing a glimmer of joy to their parents? Or raising awareness to other countries to show compassion to Africa and other countries in poverty?
I don't know. I don't have a concrete answer. I'm sorry.
Reply 32
Original post by Atomic Tundra

*DIES*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending