University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power
Good, reasonably modern, sci-fi sure :smile:

well, I watched Star Trek: First Contact earlier, seen it so many times now, one of my faves, I watched District 9 the other week as well, that was very good and pretty clever also.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by SciFiBoy
well, I watched Star Trek: First Contact earlier, seen it so many times now, one of my faves, I watched District 9 the other week as well, that was very good and pretty clever also.

I was going to watch D9 the other day but couldn't be bothered to do the whole subtitle thing :nope:

I wish there were more Voyager series :frown:
I was going to watch D9 the other day but couldn't be bothered to do the whole subtitle thing :nope:

I wish there were more Voyager series :frown:

ah, I guess if you are tired or something subtitles are annoying, it's why I only watch dubbed anime when very sleepy, lol

Voyager was great, watched an episode the other day on tv, not one of the best eps, but it was alright nonetheless, im a complete Star Trek nerd :biggrin:
ah, I guess if you are tired or something subtitles are annoying, it's why I only watch dubbed anime when very sleepy, lol

Voyager was great, watched an episode the other day on tv, not one of the best eps, but it was alright nonetheless, im a complete Star Trek nerd :biggrin:

Voyager was epic. Definitely my favourite. I'm still yet to watch much of TNG. I got up to the episode where the random guy made the ship really fast and then disappeared into his dimension or something. I found it less engaging that Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise.
Voyager was epic. Definitely my favourite. I'm still yet to watch much of TNG. I got up to the episode where the random guy made the ship really fast and then disappeared into his dimension or something. I found it less engaging that Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise.

the one where Q sends them to the delta quadrant and they encounter the borg? or the one with the weird guy and his alien assistant who make things go weird when they try and push the warp drive to far? or another one that my brain will no doubt recall shortly, lol

TNG has some strange episodes, but there are some crackers in there too, stick with it is my advice :smile:

I like all the series really, have most of them on dvd or blu-ray, films aswell
the one where Q sends them to the delta quadrant and they encounter the borg? or the one with the weird guy and his alien assistant who make things go weird when they try and push the warp drive to far? or another one that my brain will no doubt recall shortly, lol

TNG has some strange episodes, but there are some crackers in there too, stick with it is my advice :smile:

I like all the series really, have most of them on dvd or blu-ray, films aswell

The second one - early in the first series :yes:

I should give it another go then? I definitely will but it won't be as good as Voyager.

I've seen all (or at least most) of the films I think. :yes:
The second one - early in the first series :yes:

I should give it another go then? I definitely will but it won't be as good as Voyager.

I've seen all (or at least most) of the films I think. :yes:

cool, lol, I love how I have so many episodes plots engrained in my mind

I would say so, if you only got part way through season 1, it's probably the worst season of TNG, it get's much better toward the end of season 2 when they have the romulans and later the borg, "Best of both Worlds" has to be one of my all time fave episodes of any Trek series.

:smile: Wrath of Kahn, Voyage Home, First Contact and the latest one are the best films imo, others are mixed, tbh I quite liked Insurection but lot's of people don't, same with Search for Spock.
cool, lol, I love how I have so many episodes plots engrained in my mind

I would say so, if you only got part way through season 1, it's probably the worst season of TNG, it get's much better toward the end of season 2 when they have the romulans and later the borg, "Best of both Worlds" has to be one of my all time fave episodes of any Trek series.

:smile: Wrath of Kahn, Voyage Home, First Contact and the latest one are the best films imo, others are mixed, tbh I quite liked Insurection but lot's of people don't, same with Search for Spock.

I can do that for what I've seen. XD

I will for sure. I just found that the characters were not as interesting in general.

I liked the one with the whale, and the one where they go to Klingon prison. I have only seen the films once each.
I can do that for what I've seen. XD

I will for sure. I just found that the characters were not as interesting in general.

I liked the one with the whale, and the one where they go to Klingon prison. I have only seen the films once each.

the whales are Voyage Home and the Klingon prison is Undiscovered Country, which I like, but felt it was a bit slow at times so havent watched it as much as some of the other films.

if you have only seen them once, then a rewatch is reccomended :smile: I have seen all of them at least five times I think, even the ones im not so keen on, largely as I often watch stuff when there is little else to do, which occurs far too often while im at my mums, lol
the whales are Voyage Home and the Klingon prison is Undiscovered Country, which I like, but felt it was a bit slow at times so havent watched it as much as some of the other films.

if you have only seen them once, then a rewatch is reccomended :smile: I have seen all of them at least five times I think, even the ones im not so keen on, largely as I often watch stuff when there is little else to do, which occurs far too often while im at my mums, lol

All I do is watch stuff but my tastes are eclectic so I don't tend to watch things more than once really unless I really like them. For example I've seen all of: Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives, The OC, Friday Night Lights, Dexter, True Blood, Much of Lost, Heros, Voyager, DS9, Enterprise and hundreds of films and this is just at uni. I am no doubt forgetting things as well.
All I do is watch stuff but my tastes are eclectic so I don't tend to watch things more than once really unless I really like them. For example I've seen all of: Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives, The OC, Friday Night Lights, Dexter, True Blood, Much of Lost, Heros, Voyager, DS9, Enterprise and hundreds of films and this is just at uni. I am no doubt forgetting things as well.

cool, lol, well, watching tv shows and stuff is a great way to pass time, especially if its a good show, when at Uni I spent a few too many nights watching a show and eating junk food, haha!

seen some of those, O.C, Lost, Heroes are all good, not seen the others other than a few episodes of True Blood when it first came on.
cool, lol, well, watching tv shows and stuff is a great way to pass time, especially if its a good show, when at Uni I spent a few too many nights watching a show and eating junk food, haha!

seen some of those, O.C, Lost, Heroes are all good, not seen the others other than a few episodes of True Blood when it first came on.

I do the same.

True blood grows on you as it goes on and you learn more about their world :smile:

I liked Friday night lights, different from the normal high school show

Watch West Wing :p:

Psychology students have got there results :emo: talk about a fast turn around they only had 8/7 exams

while my department has had our dissertation marks for months and they won't give them out, although your supervisor drops major hints on how well we have done :biggrin:
I do the same.

True blood grows on you as it goes on and you learn more about their world :smile:

i'll have to download and watch it at some point, I remember thinking it was quite good when I saw a few eps ages ago so i'll probs get round to it during the holidays :smile:
Original post by robinson999

seconding this, excellent series, especially if you are interested in politics :smile:
It's currently one of the things I'm watching :smile:
I liked Friday night lights, different from the normal high school show

Psychology students have got there results :emo: talk about a fast turn around they only had 8/7 exams

while my department has had our dissertation marks for months and they won't give them out, although your supervisor drops major hints on how well we have done :biggrin:

What hints have you had?
i'll have to download and watch it at some point, I remember thinking it was quite good when I saw a few eps ages ago so i'll probs get round to it during the holidays :smile:

Good plan. I love the accents as well :love:
seconding this, excellent series, especially if you are interested in politics :smile:

I do like it, currently re-watching, american politics seems so much more sexy
What hints have you had?

that we all did very well in our group :p:

should hope so he did read over a few times and make changes to it sounded better, very gratefully for that, just the presentation I feel will let me down it wasn't my best one
I do like it, currently re-watching, american politics seems so much more sexy

lol, well, the characthers are much better than any politician we have here by miles!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending