The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
From what I've heard girls aren't put in ground floor flats very often anyway due to security issues. However, if you wanted to add this in there and say that it was due to concerns along those lines I'm sure that would be fine :smile:

Original post by accomoffice
The system can't pick it up but hopefully the relavant Warden and Accommodation Assistant, who review the computerised allocations, will see it and may be able to take it into account.

Thanks both, I added it in :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2021
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
From what I've heard girls aren't put in ground floor flats very often anyway due to security issues. However, if you wanted to add this in there and say that it was due to concerns along those lines I'm sure that would be fine :smile:

damn, i don't want a ground floor, wonder if they'll let me change my gender on the system :ahee:
I completed my application a couple of days ago and opted for Oxley residences -anyone else?
Reply 2023
Original post by _mariam_
I completed my application a couple of days ago and opted for Oxley residences -anyone else?

Meee :smile:
I chose North Hill Court but I overlooked the distance and the size of the place! I want a relatively cheap, self-catered place with a good social life and the closest to campus/ in between campus and Headingly. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
Question - can you have people to stay round in your accommodation?
also is north hill court really oversubscribed?
Reply 2027
Original post by alexpower
Question - can you have people to stay round in your accommodation?

This is the official policy concerning guests taken from the uni accom website.

•Guests can only stay in your room/flat for 3 consecutive nights during any week, 3 times per term
•Ask permission from the warden (permission will not be unreasonably withheld) and check with your fellow residents/flatmates
•You are responsible for your guests whilst they are on site. This includes being responsible for (and paying for) any damage they may cause

In practice though, these rules aren't strictly followed (except for the third one). As long as your flatmates are OK with it, then you should be fine.
Original post by mexicanbasterd
I chose North Hill Court but I overlooked the distance and the size of the place! I want a relatively cheap, self-catered place with a good social life and the closest to campus/ in between campus and Headingly. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

I had the same problem, ended up thinking NHC would be too small - I changed to Lupton. Have a look at the residences map they have on the site...
I'm thinking of picking Charles Morris but I've heard a few negative opinions. A few people say that it is not really fun and doesn't have the party spirit the other halls have because it is strict. Is this true? What's your opinion of Charles Morris?

Thank you
Original post by Bella Occhi
I had the same problem, ended up thinking NHC would be too small - I changed to Lupton. Have a look at the residences map they have on the site...

Hey I remember talking to you when we decided on NHC! Yeahh I've decided for Montague Burton now, I preferred it being closer to campus :smile: Thanks anyway though :smile:
I chose oxley too :biggrin: however, nobody seems to talk about it too much, and there doesn't seem to be a faebook page like there was for the rest of the sites... Can anybody shed any light on what Oxley is like please? :biggrin:
Lupton or Clarence Dock? I only have a couple of days to decide, someone just tell me what to dooo!
Original post by mexicanbasterd
Hey I remember talking to you when we decided on NHC! Yeahh I've decided for Montague Burton now, I preferred it being closer to campus :smile: Thanks anyway though :smile:

Yeah I remember too, lol, so now neither of us are going for it! Oh well haha!
Original post by chloeee!
Lupton or Clarence Dock? I only have a couple of days to decide, someone just tell me what to dooo!

Well Clarence Dock is nearer the city centre and Lupton is in headingley - which would you prefer? CD also has ensuite and gym etc so if that appeals? It is pretty far from Uni though, you'd be getting a bus. Personally I think Headingley is the place to be!
Lupton is a really good halls, social and everything and cheap...good luck everyone going this year, I've also been in Boddington (is that still going?) and Henry Price which is on campus, very nice, but too "closed" for me.
does anyone know what Montague Burton is like?
Reply 2037
does anyone know what Montague Burton is like?

I do, I lived there this year and I'm living there again next year. What do you want to know?
Well Clarence Dock is nearer the city centre and Lupton is in headingley - which would you prefer? CD also has ensuite and gym etc so if that appeals? It is pretty far from Uni though, you'd be getting a bus. Personally I think Headingley is the place to be!

Are you already at Leeds? I live in central London and it seems weird to me to imagine living somewhere that's not 5 minutes from the "city centre" haha so for that reason I'm thinking Clarence dock but then that just seems like a bit of a non-reason. Think I'll change to Lupton :smile:
Original post by chloeee!
Are you already at Leeds? I live in central London and it seems weird to me to imagine living somewhere that's not 5 minutes from the "city centre" haha so for that reason I'm thinking Clarence dock but then that just seems like a bit of a non-reason. Think I'll change to Lupton :smile:

No i'm starting in september haha i did make it sound like i was already there though! Haha from what people say Lupton is a really fun hall :smile: and its cheap so more money for going out :biggrin:

Latest