The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tnajamie
yep, just stacking shelves I'm afraid, can get very hectic so just take your time and don't get stressed

Maybe I'm weird but just stacking shelves does appeal to me. I like to just get on and focus with a task like that. I think I would prefer it to dealing with loads of customers during the day.

Also, how did you find dealing with working at night? Did it seriously mess up your body clock?
Original post by TSR Dragon
Maybe I'm weird but just stacking shelves does appeal to me. I like to just get on and focus with a task like that. I think I would prefer it to dealing with loads of customers during the day.

Also, how did you find dealing with working at night? Did it seriously mess up your body clock?

don't stress about sleep, if you can get 5 hours before a shift that's good.

stomach upsets is the worst thing but this can be stopped by eating healthily and having plenty of water....

good luck
Original post by tnajamie
don't stress about sleep, if you can get 5 hours before a shift that's good.

stomach upsets is the worst thing but this can be stopped by eating healthily and having plenty of water....

good luck

Ok awesome. Thank you very much :smile:. It sounds all ok to me so I think I'll go for it! :smile:
Original post by TSR Dragon

how many days do you do? i find it extremely easy to revert back to a 'normal' sleeping pattern. I usually sleep a couple hours during the day after work.. and then go back to sleep at night as usual.

If i have uni lectures the following day however... i'm a mess throughout the whole week
Original post by number-11
how many days do you do? i find it extremely easy to revert back to a 'normal' sleeping pattern. I usually sleep a couple hours during the day after work.. and then go back to sleep at night as usual.

If i have uni lectures the following day however... i'm a mess throughout the whole week

If I get the job it would only be 2 nights a week and it would be at the weekend. So will probably be fine. It is just a case of actually getting the job now!
Had my interview on friday evening (yesterday)
I think I won't make it any further because I don't think I answered the customer service part well (DVD test)
The person said it would be marked and if I don't have a high enough score I will get an immediate rejection but if I do it'll wait for when the rest get interviewed and they decide then

I was the only one there (was expecting a group :P)
Do HR work on weekends or will my application not be decided till during the week?
i clocked in at 12:00 exactly today for my 12:00 shift, please tell me that won't be late?
Original post by Spellstheend
Had my interview on friday evening (yesterday)
I think I won't make it any further because I don't think I answered the customer service part well (DVD test)
The person said it would be marked and if I don't have a high enough score I will get an immediate rejection but if I do it'll wait for when the rest get interviewed and they decide then

I was the only one there (was expecting a group :P)
Do HR work on weekends or will my application not be decided till during the week?

I think the more apt question would be; Do HR work?
Reply 8828
is it true on your last shift you're not allowed on the checkouts? So what are you meant to do? Since I began working there that is the only thing I have ever done. I've never ever been into the warehouse and actually don't even know where it is as I was trained at a diff store! I've been working there for nearly a year, so yeah..
Reply 8829
Original post by tosh999
is it true on your last shift you're not allowed on the checkouts? So what are you meant to do? Since I began working there that is the only thing I have ever done. I've never ever been into the warehouse and actually don't even know where it is as I was trained at a diff store! I've been working there for nearly a year, so yeah..

probably just left behinds, baskets, scanners(if you have fast-track) . Thought it was more of a good-bye present to be free from checkouts on your last day.
Original post by tosh999

I was on the checkouts on my last day.
Reply 8831
thx guys but I heard at my store you are not allowed hmmm will have to wait and see
Original post by tosh999

I worked on checkouts for my entire last shift [an 8 hour] and for a few minutes over. [As usual, they had no one there to take me off the basket till when my shift finished, so I had to carry on serving.] :smile:
I had the most wonderful customer yesterday who I was chatting to whilst on the checkouts! She was talking about a drink she had tried on the way round the store and how it was really nice.. She noticed I didn't have any water with me and bought me a bottle of the drink. :eek: What a legend. :love:

It's days like those that I like my job. :h:
Reply 8834
Hi guys,

I've been underpaid by 16ish hours, which i think could have been my Training/Introduction weekend, who do I see about this? I'm sure i've been told I just can't remember..

Cheers in advance.
Original post by Swell
Hi guys,

I've been underpaid by 16ish hours, which i think could have been my Training/Introduction weekend, who do I see about this? I'm sure i've been told I just can't remember..

Cheers in advance.

HR.
Reply 8836
Original post by morris743
HR.

Ah that's ok, i needed to go there about finally getting my trousers anyway, thanks.
Original post by Swell
Ah that's ok, i needed to go there about finally getting my trousers anyway, thanks.

Ha they don't like giving out uniforms too easily :P
Original post by tosh999
thx guys but I heard at my store you are not allowed hmmm will have to wait and see

Officially you're not meant to, incase you steal all the money in the till and then disappear forever, but most stores forget about that and let you carry on as normal.
Got told today i had to hand in my notice today even though my last shift is 4th September!
Wrote it out really quickly by hand on some lined paper.
What a joke.

Latest

Trending

Trending