The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Old picture is old :colonhash:
^ Doesn't matter. :colonhash:
Totally does.
Reply 2903
You have no idea how excited I am for Monster's University, especially as it's coming out about the end of my first year of Uni. :smile:

I am planning on buying Whip It, because it looks like fun (and Ellen Page :colondollar:), and Exit Through The Gift Shop because I quite like Banksy and I've heard only good things about it.

Is Kick Ass any good? I liked the comic book.
Original post by Pi!
You have no idea how excited I am for Monster's University, especially as it's coming out about the end of my first year of Uni. :smile:

I am planning on buying Whip It, because it looks like fun (and Ellen Page :colondollar:), and Exit Through The Gift Shop because I quite like Banksy and I've heard only good things about it.

Kick Ass is a brilliant film :yep:

and it's the 2nd most pirated film of all time :yy: (Fun fact for you all)
Original post by Pi!

It's as good as its name implies, Aaron Johnson was great in it, same with Lynsey fonseca. Definetely a good 'alternative' superhero film
Reply 2906
I thought Kick Ass was so-so. :pierre:
Original post by zjs
I thought Kick Ass was so-so. :pierre:

What didn't you particularly like about it?

Oh and

:biggrin:
Reply 2908
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
What didn't you particularly like about it?

The plotline, humour and action, tbh.

It was just too over the top, too forced in places and just, I don't know, I just didn't think the idea of the average Joe superhero really worked, except for Hit Girl. That said, the "a little girl's swearing, hur hur" humour didn't do it for me either.

:colondollar:
Original post by zjs
The plotline, humour and action, tbh.

It was just too over the top, too forced in places and just, I don't know, I just didn't think the idea of the average Joe superhero really worked, except for Hit Girl. That said, the "a little girl's swearing, hur hur" humour didn't do it for me either.

:colondollar:

LOL fair enough, each to their own I suppose! What I really liked about it was the sense of realism, obviously unlike most / any other (super)hero movies. I think it gets better the more you watch it as well, wasn't what I expected at all the first time I saw it which put me off a bit I think but I saw it again and loved it so now I have it on DVD!
Watched this:

tuther day.

When it wasn't showing footage of Emperor Penguins, rendered mundane by excessive and better quality contempory coverage, it was pretty spectacular; parts tapped into the same vein as 2001, but monoliths were replaced by ice bergs of more portentous proportions. The soundtrack is perfect for the stills of alien landscape and the growing despondency & desolation.
Reply 2911
LOL fair enough, each to their own I suppose! What I really liked about it was the sense of realism, obviously unlike most / any other (super)hero movies. I think it gets better the more you watch it as well, wasn't what I expected at all the first time I saw it which put me off a bit I think but I saw it again and loved it so now I have it on DVD!

For a film that was trying to be so realistic, I found the ending action sequence utterly ridiculous. Likewise, Kick Ass' training - although probably still my favourite bit of the film - reminded me of Spiderman, quite uncannily.

Perhaps it's because I just don't like superhero movies all that much. I enjoyed Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Spiderman 1 & 2 and the original X-Men (back in the day), plus The Incredibles, but they're lost on me; other than this relatively sparse selection.
Original post by zjs
For a film that was trying to be so realistic, I found the ending action sequence utterly ridiculous. Likewise, Kick Ass' training - although probably still my favourite bit of the film - reminded me of Spiderman, quite uncannily.

Perhaps it's because I just don't like superhero movies all that much. I enjoyed Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Spiderman 1 & 2 and the original X-Men (back in the day), plus The Incredibles, but they're lost on me; other than this relatively sparse selection.

:O you not like First Class or Iron Man I/II???

:beard: Indeed :beard:
Cancelled my sub :colonhash:
Why? :holmes:
Reply 2916
:O you not like First Class or Iron Man I/II???

I have slightly more interest in seeing the former than the latter. I declined many opportunities to see Iron Man, even with the DVD lying round the flat last year. Doesn't interest me, unfortunately.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Why? :holmes:

Because, unlike you, i sub mainly for TBR and other bits and frankly it's turned absolutely crap because of a few things that've happened.

I still get to keep my big flashy avatar and i can usually work out who's repped me anyway. There's little to no reason for me to carry on subbing basically.
Reply 2918
Original post by cambo211
Because, unlike you, i sub mainly for TBR and other bits and frankly it's turned absolutely crap because of a few things that've happened.

I still get to keep my big flashy avatar and i can usually work out who's repped me anyway. There's little to no reason for me to carry on subbing basically.

Jumping on the bandwagon? :pierre:

I'd consider doing the same if I thought it'd make a blind bit of difference and didn't sub using riches. Solidarity-in-spirt five. :five:

I've never found TBR that entertaining, tbh. I really just read through it for the gossip, and arguments. :teeth:
Original post by zjs
I have slightly more interest in seeing the former than the latter. I declined many opportunities to see Iron Man, even with the DVD lying round the flat last year. Doesn't interest me, unfortunately.

Well I'd recommend them all so I dunno what to say :erm: lol

Original post by zjs
Jumping on the bandwagon? :pierre:

I'd consider doing the same if I thought it'd make a blind bit of difference and didn't sub using riches. Solidarity-in-spirt five. :five:

I've never found TBR that entertaining, tbh. I really just read through it for the gossip, and arguments. :teeth:

*jumps into convo* I've never really liked TBR and the only single time I tried to contribute to the Shoutbox I was shouted out of it so meh to that... Stupid TSR subs who think they're the lad crew of the playground :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending