The Student Room Group

AQA - Unit 5 - Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by artykid23
Pb02 + Pb + 2H+ + 2HSO4- ----> 2PbSO4 + 2H2O

was the other way round, the question asked for when it was recharged, aka the reverse reaction, that is the forward reaction that you put.
Reply 1781
yeah, I thought that it was the reverse too as it did ask for when it would be recharged :smile:
Can someone give me what they predict grade boubdary from A* to A would be? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Crowned Temmy
Can someone give me what they predict grade boubdary from A* to A would be? Thanks in advance.

It's usually around 82 raw marks 108/120 UMS for A* or 73 and 96/120 for A.

This paper was average so I'll be looking around those regions.
Original post by Casshern1456
It's usually around 82 raw marks 108/120 UMS for A* or 73 and 96/120 for A.

This paper was average so I'll be looking around those regions.

Thanks alot.
Has the paper been uploaded or not? Thanks in advance!
*sigh* Somewhat delayed reaction as I’ve been recovering from the rapid succession of exams last week. For that same reason, I was about as ‘on the ball’ as a dead seal during the Chemistry exam. Consequently, I’ve made a few silly errors (e.g. something possessed me to write Standard Hydrogen Electrode instead of Hydrogen Fuel Cell for the constant EMF graph. I then went on to explain a hydrogen fuel cell...) but I found the exam intriguing irrespective of difficulty or oversights on my part.

I wish everyone well, I’m sure that self-deprecation and anxiety are blinding many people to their innate talents. I’m sure that personal marks will be far higher than people are expecting. Good luck and have a truly wonderful Summer.
Original post by i3kel
was the other way round, the question asked for when it was recharged, aka the reverse reaction, that is the forward reaction that you put.

I've seen it in a past mark scheme saying 'accept forward reaction' on the RHS.
Where it asks for an ionic equation and you do a normal equation would u still get the
Marks ? My friends said yes but I'm not sure tbh what do u think ? X
Original post by animal*nature
Where it asks for an ionic equation and you do a normal equation would u still get the
Marks ? My friends said yes but I'm not sure tbh what do u think ? X

Umm i don't think you would get the marks, the question was specifically asking for the ionic equation, but fingers crossed!:tongue:
Original post by loukas2993
Umm i don't think you would get the marks, the question was specifically asking for the ionic equation, but fingers crossed!:tongue:

This.

I made the same mistake but if the balancing is correct then they normally have a separate mark for that. So if you did the full equation and balanced it correctly I assume they will give you a mark.
Reply 1791
Original post by Genocidal
This.

I made the same mistake but if the balancing is correct then they normally have a separate mark for that. So if you did the full equation and balanced it correctly I assume they will give you a mark.

The two equations were only 1 mark each if i remember corectly?

I thought i'd get it wrong but if its worth two, then thats good! :smile:
Original post by Zakir
The two equations were only 1 mark each if i remember corectly?

I thought i'd get it wrong but if its worth two, then thats good! :smile:

Nah they have to be more than one because on all the past papers they had a separate mark for balancing too. So it has to be at least two marks because those equations required balancing.
is chem5 MS out there?
Actually quite please about these boundaries :biggrin:

63 B
71 A
79 A*

Not too bad :yep:
Original post by soutioirsim
Actually quite please about these boundaries :biggrin:

63 B
71 A
79 A*

Not too bad :yep:

Yeah =] They seem fair.
Reply 1796
At least AQA are nice about the grade boundaries! (unlike edexcel maths....)
Original post by Betsss
At least AQA are nice about the grade boundaries! (unlike edexcel maths....)

Yeah I know. Though I'm not with Edecxel, their boundaries for maths are certainly ridikuluz!
chem 5 is okay but what about chem2 79 for an A
biology is the worst of all
Reply 1799
think the grade boundaries are fair, considering the comments people made about the Biol5 exam...

seems the majority found it tricky..

anyway, good luck with the rest of your results people!!!

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest