The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by lozzyhickers
Awesome :smile: I wish I had my teacher from last year, she was one of the chief examminers, therefore actually knew what she was on about :frown:

I agre tht 6 marks was too much for ethnocentrism. I thought that 4 would be quite enough!

Yeh my teacher is a marker of the exam - and she said that it was quite a hard exam!! compared to the last one and the specimen!!
Original post by Mcfilly
Yeh my teacher is a marker of the exam - and she said that it was quite a hard exam!! compared to the last one and the specimen!!

Agreed!
She might be marking mine then! lol
Thought the exam was alright to be honest.

Only thing I'm worried about are the last questions for each topic.
The 12 marker, and then the 18 marker I mean...did anyone fill all the pages they were given?
For the 12 marker in Clinical, I only used up 2 pages, and for the 18 marker on Issues and Debates, I only used up 3 pages.
It's not because I had nothing to write about, I actually ran out of time, so wrote as much as I could whilst trying to time myself for each question.

Really worried I won't have written enough for those two questions :/
Original post by hownowbrownowl
Thought the exam was alright to be honest.

Only thing I'm worried about are the last questions for each topic.
The 12 marker, and then the 18 marker I mean...did anyone fill all the pages they were given?
For the 12 marker in Clinical, I only used up 2 pages, and for the 18 marker on Issues and Debates, I only used up 3 pages.
It's not because I had nothing to write about, I actually ran out of time, so wrote as much as I could whilst trying to time myself for each question.

Really worried I won't have written enough for those two questions :/

The thing is, about the long questions, you don't need to fll up all the space to get good marks. They ge you way too much space, just to cover themselves. It even says that at the front of the paper! You can easily get top marks without fillng up the whole space.
Are any of you going to look at your results early online?
Do you know how much earlier they appear online?
Are any of you going to look at your results early online?
Do you know how much earlier they appear online?

Results?! Earlier?! How?!

Do you mean UCAS on results day? Because that would only tell you whether you've been accepted into the Universities you applied for.
Original post by briesandwich
Results?! Earlier?! How?!

Do you mean UCAS on results day? Because that would only tell you whether you've been accepted into the Universities you applied for.

Our college gave us a private log-in for edexcel. apparently we can get our results online, but only for edexcel of course. I didn't use it last year.
Our college gave us a private log-in for edexcel. apparently we can get our results online, but only for edexcel of course. I didn't use it last year.

Holy macaroni... I had no idea about this! I don't have a log in, but if I did I think I would be tempted to have a peek. :teehee: Are you?
Holy macaroni... I had no idea about this! I don't have a log in, but if I did I think I would be tempted to have a peek. :teehee: Are you?

Maybe you should contact your exams officer, ask them. I'm quite tempted too, especially if I can't get into track to see if i've been accepted into uni. It'll be another load off my mind!

I don't know how early they are put onine though :s-smilie:
Reply 349
Hey everyone (if any of you are still around anyway haha)! I was looking up Edexcel grade boundaries earlier for this summer and thought I'd just tell you that this year, for an A in Psychology, we needed 57/90 and 51/90 for a B. I'm not gonna go any lower because I know it's just unnecessary. (;

So yeah, hopefully we've all secured top grades, but good luck to all for tomorrow regardless! (:
Original post by Nibbl3s
Hey everyone (if any of you are still around anyway haha)! I was looking up Edexcel grade boundaries earlier for this summer and thought I'd just tell you that this year, for an A in Psychology, we needed 57/90 and 51/90 for a B. I'm not gonna go any lower because I know it's just unnecessary. (;

So yeah, hopefully we've all secured top grades, but good luck to all for tomorrow regardless! (:

Best of luck to you too. It's intersting to see that the boundaries have gone UP!
Reply 351
Best of luck to you too. It's intersting to see that the boundaries have gone UP!

Oh so they have, didn't realise. My bad /: Nevertheless, that's 33 marks we can lose and still get an A so fingers crossed, that should be enough. :colondollar:
Original post by Nibbl3s
Oh so they have, didn't realise. My bad /: Nevertheless, that's 33 marks we can lose and still get an A so fingers crossed, that should be enough. :colondollar:

Yeah Unit 3 is up by only 1 mark, but Unit 4 is up by 6!
I hope I can still get an A! I'm going to be really dissapointed if I get less than AAB
Reply 353
Yeah Unit 3 is up by only 1 mark, but Unit 4 is up by 6!
I hope I can still get an A! I'm going to be really dissapointed if I get less than AAB

I have full faith in you :smile: Stop worrying! If it makes you feel any better, I need 3 A's to go to where I've wanted to go pretty much for as long as I can remember, and I majorly screwed up on my economics this summer so...Idk, what will be will be I guess haha.
Original post by Nibbl3s
I have full faith in you :smile: Stop worrying! If it makes you feel any better, I need 3 A's to go to where I've wanted to go pretty much for as long as I can remember, and I majorly screwed up on my economics this summer so...Idk, what will be will be I guess haha.

Well I too have full faith in you :smile:
:shock: I got an A in every Psychology exam! How the hell?!?!
:shock: I got an A in every Psychology exam! How the hell?!?!

Wow well done!

I managed to get a good A in unit 3, but a C in unit 4, so a high B overall, but i'm pretty happy with that!

You happy with the rest of your results?
Wow well done!

I managed to get a good A in unit 3, but a C in unit 4, so a high B overall, but i'm pretty happy with that!

You happy with the rest of your results?

Congratulations! :biggrin:

I'm over the moon with all my results. I got ACC overall, which in TSR-terms is a fail, but I got a C in Literature (close B) which was an E at AS level, and I didn't retake anything. My teachers were in tears because I spent so much time in hospital during my A levels it looked impossible for me to even pass let alone get into my firm choice! :redface: How did you do?
Congratulations! :biggrin:

I'm over the moon with all my results. I got ACC overall, which in TSR-terms is a fail, but I got a C in Literature (close B) which was an E at AS level, and I didn't retake anything. My teachers were in tears because I spent so much time in hospital during my A levels it looked impossible for me to even pass let alone get into my firm choice! :redface: How did you do?

That's not a fail at all it's really good! I'm really happy for you!

I got ABB, which is just what I wanted, it's a miracle I got a B in Film Studies though!!! And I still managed the A in Media despite the boundaries being stupidly high this year! And my B in Psych is a pretty strong one, so i'm happy! And my county has a special award called the Norfolk Scholar, for all those who get ABB or above, so i've got it!
That's not a fail at all it's really good! I'm really happy for you!

I got ABB, which is just what I wanted, it's a miracle I got a B in Film Studies though!!! And I still managed the A in Media despite the boundaries being stupidly high this year! And my B in Psych is a pretty strong one, so i'm happy! And my county has a special award called the Norfolk Scholar, for all those who get ABB or above, so i've got it!

:eek: You really are a gentle(wo)man and a scholar! :wink: That's amazing! Film studies is stupidly hard, my friend always seemed to be working on essays for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending