The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Normandy114
I've not got an issue with money though, the main motivation right now is the realisation how little time there is left :s-smilie:

Oh, ok. I dont even need to think of a fancy analogy, UCAS oanic is here already! :p:
Original post by Nator
Well there you go, a thread on a highly controversial topic, needless to say must have had something insulting to get banned...

And that's good.

i didn't get 12/27

i meant, i've heard that's the mark to get/beat just above average/maybe cut-off?

i did not declare 'war' on tsr. i only said, i keep getting unfairly banned for signatures which are against israel(no racism ect, just pure facts on deaths ect)...
threads against them)not in a spammy way...debating against them....my "war" is an intelectual one, but at the moment, i am very busy.. tbh
Reply 5122
Original post by oHellno
Lol good luck with a PS focused on just voluntary/work experience.

You guys have been doing so much BMAT stuff :emo:

Seems a lot more than it is trust :smile: Bet you been doing some bare UKCAT stuff? :cool:
Original post by Straight up G
Thank god, I was thinking that I'd missed the point or something.

Yeah, it did, thanks man. Guess I'll have to get cracking with the UKCAT then...

have to agree there, the UKCAT is hard, and some of the questions are meant to take 30 secs, - i don't even get after hours of doing them(some really wierd maths type-sum...hard to spot where they've selected data from)
Original post by roar558
Many people find the UKCAT harder than the first two sections of the BMAT due to the fact the UKCAT is a more in depth version of section 1 of the BMAT and section 2 simply tests scientific knowledge at a basic level.

UKCAT does not have grade boundaries however most uni's prefer you to have total marks over 2400.

When I said grade boundaries, I meant that, X score on the paper is roughly equivalent to 900/900 after adjustment, that Y score is equal to 850/900 etc... I've had this clarified by someone else now.

Section 1 seems fairly simple to me, it's just tricky wording. Section 2 is harder for me because I'm a physics flop (got a scraped, bungled A* don't know how, but I remember nothing). UKCAT seems horrible from the bits I've done so far...
Reply 5125
Thank god, I was thinking that I'd missed the point or something.

Yeah, it did, thanks man. Guess I'll have to get cracking with the UKCAT then...

Loool same here :laugh:

No prob bro, and yeah me too, I read it on my school coach on the way there and back, and actually am improving (doing AR atm), and developing some new way of thinking which makes me get the pattern a lot faster than before :smile: Whenever I get stuck in BMAT I just ask my bro for explanations lool
Reply 5126
Original post by down with zionism
i didn't get 12/27

i meant, i've heard that's the mark to get/beat just above average/maybe cut-off?

i did not declare 'war' on tsr. i only said, i keep getting unfairly banned for signatures which are against israel(no racism ect, just pure facts on deaths ect)...
threads against them)not in a spammy way...debating against them....my "war" is an intelectual one, but at the moment, i am very busy.. tbh

Yeah UCL's cutoff for that section, and well I can't judge since I haven't seen the thread so...
Original post by Nator
Loool same here :laugh:

No prob bro, and yeah me too, I read it on my school coach on the way there and back, and actually am improving (doing AR atm), and developing some new way of thinking which makes me get the pattern a lot faster than before :smile: Whenever I get stuck in BMAT I just ask my bro for explanations lool

^_^ you ask your bro, and i ask you guys. we all need to learn from people who know what we do not

and nice! AR = hardest section for me, any tips you made...i've always wondered , what kind of mindset you use?

thanks
Original post by Beska
There are only so many allowances you can make for somebody. I am a patient person but some immature applicant who constantly bypasses IP bans to post the same questions over and over again is a little too far. Sixthformer is ridiculously incompetent and unable to do even the most basic of research, and I am convinced that by even posting in the same thread as him reduces my IQ. He's not going to stop what he's doing - in fact, he has declared "war" on TSR or some kiddy crap - so the best we can do is just ignore him and hope he goes away. Like a mosquito bite.

So he has had IP bans? :eek: Didn't think he'd know how to bypass them.

Hahaha

Yeah, I know. He makes this fuss about getting banned over this Israel thread, but he's been banned for other reasons after that, not just that Israel thread.
Original post by Nator
Yeah UCL's cutoff for that section, and well I can't judge since I haven't seen the thread so...

say ucl or imperial , gets 2000 applicants

how many will the bmat cut-off remove?(i may be removed if i apply ... but just wondering?)

chances of interview if you do, meet the cut-off?
When I said grade boundaries, I meant that, X score on the paper is roughly equivalent to 900/900 after adjustment, that Y score is equal to 850/900 etc... I've had this clarified by someone else now.

Section 1 seems fairly simple to me, it's just tricky wording. Section 2 is harder for me because I'm a physics flop (got a scraped, bungled A* don't know how, but I remember nothing). UKCAT seems horrible from the bits I've done so far...

I remember nothing of GCSE physics, so all the questions on work done, watts, electricity etc are just guesses. I can do most of the rest though fine :cool:
the main reason why i may struggle with some section 2 bmat questions is because there's a lot of gcse 'facts' i need to re-remember...abot 4-5 questions are wasted like this.
Reply 5132
^_^ you ask your bro, and i ask you guys. we all need to learn from people who know what we do not

and nice! AR = hardest section for me, any tips you made...i've always wondered , what kind of mindset you use?

thanks

But only for a fair few which I don't get, not back to back bombardment :laugh:

And practice is the only method, no method behind it, depends on what you see.
Original post by Normandy114
I remember nothing of GCSE physics, so all the questions on work done, watts, electricity etc are just guesses. I can do most of the rest though fine :cool:

you seem to be good at this, as you've helped me a lot

any advise on how your mindset is when you approach these questions, and your different ways of thinking?
Reply 5134
So he has had IP bans? :eek: Didn't think he'd know how to bypass them.

Hahaha

Yeah, I know. He makes this fuss about getting banned over this Israel thread, but he's been banned for other reasons after that, not just that Israel thread.

He's just lucky because he has a dynamic IP, I imagine.

Not sure why he was banned originally, but was talking to somebody who posts a lot in D&D and he told me that Sixthformer did this "spam, get banned, make new account and continue spamming" thing a lot in that forum too. The persecution complex ("admins abusing powers!! free speech!! **** the police!! down with the establishment!!") just goes to show how immature he is. If he would just take a ban for what it is and not create loads of dupes, he would have been unbanned by now.
Reply 5135
say ucl or imperial , gets 2000 applicants

how many will the bmat cut-off remove?(i may be removed if i apply ... but just wondering?)

chances of interview if you do, meet the cut-off?

Will remove a fair few, moral is you need a very solid BMAT.
Original post by Nator
But only for a fair few which I don't get, not back to back bombardment :laugh:

And practice is the only method, no method behind it, depends on what you see.

i guess your right=) like someone said ' practise until you see nothing else but gray circles, and white squares"
Reply 5137
Am I the only one who hates BMAT Biology and LOVES BMAT Physics?
Original post by Beska
He's just lucky because he has a dynamic IP, I imagine.

Not sure why he was banned originally, but was talking to somebody who posts a lot in D&D and he told me that Sixthformer did this "spam, get banned, make new account and continue spamming" thing a lot in that forum too. The persecution complex ("admins abusing powers!! free speech!! **** the police!! down with the establishment!!") just goes to show how immature he is. If he would just take a ban for what it is and not create loads of dupes, he would have been unbanned by now.

i've never actually spammed...

my bans were on persistent spam...but is 10 warning points = to posting in four different forums engaging in discussions? i didn't think so.
Original post by Nator
Am I the only one who hates BMAT Biology and LOVES BMAT Physics?

The opposite for me, do you happen to do physics at A level but not biology?

Latest

Trending

Trending