The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nator
Am I the only one who hates BMAT Biology and LOVES BMAT Physics?

the bmat physics crosses a/s territory....
Original post by Beska
He's just lucky because he has a dynamic IP, I imagine.

Not sure why he was banned originally, but was talking to somebody who posts a lot in D&D and he told me that Sixthformer did this "spam, get banned, make new account and continue spamming" thing a lot in that forum too. The persecution complex ("admins abusing powers!! free speech!! **** the police!! down with the establishment!!") just goes to show how immature he is. If he would just take a ban for what it is and not create loads of dupes, he would have been unbanned by now.

Yeah, true that. Didn't consider that, probably because mine is a static one.

He makes this fuss about getting banned over an anti-Israel thread. I'd have sympathy with him, but that's not the real reason why he's banned. I like how he deems himself important enough to supposedly be targeted by the admins, because Murdoch's empire extends to TSR too. :rolleyes:. I've got nothing against people asking questions, ffs everyone asks questions, most people even ask a few dopey questions, but this thing that sixthformer has going on is OTT.
Original post by Straight up G
When I said grade boundaries, I meant that, X score on the paper is roughly equivalent to 900/900 after adjustment, that Y score is equal to 850/900 etc... I've had this clarified by someone else now.

Section 1 seems fairly simple to me, it's just tricky wording. Section 2 is harder for me because I'm a physics flop (got a scraped, bungled A* don't know how, but I remember nothing). UKCAT seems horrible from the bits I've done so far...

I'm afraid the score on the actual test is completely dependent on how many and what questions you get right. From what I know, the UKCAT system works like this.
Questions are ranked in difficulty with the easiest questions worth the least points.
You start off with the easiest set of questions, if you get this right the system will cause your next question to be harder and so will be of a higher number of points if you get it wrong, you will be asked a question at the same level as the previous one. Not entirely sure how skipping questions affects this.

As you can see you can't really have a grade boundary with this. Things to note however, you start with 300 points in each section ie your minimum score is 1200.
Reply 5143
He makes this fuss about getting banned over an anti-Israel thread. I'd have sympathy with him, but that's not the real reason why he's banned. I like how he deems himself important enough to supposedly be targeted by the admins, because Murdoch's empire extends to TSR too. :rolleyes:. I've got nothing against people asking questions, ffs everyone asks questions, most people even ask a few dopey questions, but this thing that sixthformer has going on is OTT.

You wouldn't get banned just for making a controversial thread. Damn, you wouldn't even get banned if you made a ridiculously offensive thread - you'd get a handful of warnings points and be sent on your merry way. The trouble is that he doesn't take the hint, so when the thread is removed he re-creates it over and over, then spams other threads, multi-quotes everybody, blah blah you know the story.
Original post by roar558
I'm afraid the score on the actual test is completely dependent on how many and what questions you get right. From what I know, the UKCAT system works like this.
Questions are ranked in difficulty with the easiest questions worth the least points.
You start off with the easiest set of questions, if you get this right the system will cause your next question to be harder and so will be of a higher number of points if you get it wrong, you will be asked a question at the same level as the previous one. Not entirely sure how skipping questions affects this.

As you can see you can't really have a grade boundary with this. Things to note however, you start with 300 points in each section ie your minimum score is 1200.

Wow I did not know that. Clearly need to do some research and order that book. It seems like such a messed up test.

Knew the last bit haha.
Original post by Beska
You wouldn't get banned just for making a controversial thread. Damn, you wouldn't even get banned if you made a ridiculously offensive thread - you'd get a handful of warnings points and be sent on your merry way. The trouble is that he doesn't take the hint, so when the thread is removed he re-creates it over and over, then spams other threads, multi-quotes everybody, blah blah you know the story.

Only too well.
Original post by Nator
Am I the only one who hates BMAT Biology and LOVES BMAT Physics?

Tbf, from what I've seen of BMAT physics, it's pretty basic GCSE equations and solid knowledge isn't it? There isn't that much advanced deduction or thinking outside the box, or am I wrong?
Reply 5147
Original post by Normandy114
The opposite for me, do you happen to do physics at A level but not biology?

I do them both as AS and will do them both at A2, just find the Biology harder than the rest
Reply 5148
Only too well.

If you feel like being socially responsible then you could help the mods by reporting him whenever you see he posts. :p:
Reply 5149
Tbf, from what I've seen of BMAT physics, it's pretty basic GCSE equations and solid knowledge isn't it? There isn't that much advanced deduction or thinking outside the box, or am I wrong?

That's true, from what I've seen nothing out of the box
Original post by Beska
If you feel like being socially responsible then you could help the mods by reporting him whenever you see he posts. :p:

That's what a true medic would do. And yeah, but I'll stop after reporting 5 dupe accounts, which basically means I'm done by the end of this month:tongue:
Original post by Nator
I do them both as AS and will do them both at A2, just find the Biology harder than the rest

Ah, I just find physics naturally hardest as I haven't done any for the past two years, and did very little even when I was taking it :tongue:
Original post by Nator
That's true, from what I've seen nothing out of the box

Which means the CGP Physics GCSE revision guide should be enough?
Reply 5153
That's what a true medic would do. And yeah, but I'll stop after reporting 5 dupe accounts, which basically means I'm done by the end of this month:tongue:

By the end of today... :sigh:
Original post by Beska
By the end of today... :sigh:

There there, at least you aren't a mod, are you?
Reply 5155
Original post by Limitless
Fair enough. I'm in the same boat as you, trying to do EQP, my PS, work experience and volunteering work throughout the summer.

What gcses did you get? Just wondering :wink:
Reply 5156
There there, at least you aren't a mod, are you?

No nowhere near, but I feel sorry for the poor sods that have you deal with persistent chaps like him... any little help you can give I suppose! :p:
Original post by as_94
What gcses did you get? Just wondering :wink:

1.5 A*
5A
3B

A* in Business Stud. and R.E short course.
A in Bio, chem, physics, maths, geography.
B in English lat and lit. and German.
Original post by Beska
No nowhere near, but I feel sorry for the poor sods that have you deal with persistent chaps like him... any little help you can give I suppose! :p:

Nowhere near? That's gotta be exaggerated, I'm pretty sure you'd be pretty close to next in line to be a med mod.
Reply 5159
Nowhere near? That's gotta be exaggerated, I'm pretty sure you'd be pretty close to next in line to be a med mod.

Doubt it! The medicine forum is pretty well modded afaik and there are (probably) willing medics who have been around a lot longer than me! I just help how I can. :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending