The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Macaroni cheese. Even the sight of it makes me want to throw up.
Original post by Sabertooth
Throwing out the yogurt lid when it still has yogurt on it, there's nothing wrong with licking every last molecule of yogurt off it!!

I get called a tramp for doing that :frown: in my own home :unimpressed:

I don't see anyhting wrong with it but apparently my brother does :/
Reply 562
Original post by Antiaris
One of my flatmates in university used to do this with chocolate weetabix.

AND THEN PUT IT INTO THE MICROWAVE.

... I.. just didn't know how to react...

I do this with plain weetabix :h:
It's so much nicer warm. I don't have a microwave though so I have to use the stone age method of actually heating it over a wood fire (well actually the hob but whatever) .
My personal food crime is people putting sugar on cereal. If it's a sweet cereal, then it's sweet enough. If it's a non-sweet cereal, then for the love of god leave it alone! It doesn't want to be sweet! Bah!
Original post by floskii

My personal food crime is people putting sugar on cereal. If it's a sweet cereal, then it's sweet enough. If it's a non-sweet cereal, then for the love of god leave it alone! It doesn't want to be sweet! Bah!

What about sugar on porridge?
Reply 564
Porridge I can understand because it's pretty much tasteless on its own. I think my cereal issue is because I have more of a savoury tooth than a sweet tooth and I can't cope with seeing people ruin perfectly good savoury cornflakes :frown:
Reply 565
And that reminds me... my nephew puts sugar on FROSTIES. Yes, I kid you not.
Original post by TotoMimo
I have mates that let their cereal go minging and soggy before eating. You can hear it "squelch" whilst they eat it. Needless to say, it distresses me no end :biggrin:

You would not like to see me eat cereal.

But then I like soggy things. Currently dieting, so no butter in my sandwiches, so no point microwaving to make soggy. My mouth is so dry when eating normal bread! I need my soggy food back :frown: How do you people survive :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 567
Want to see a food crime of the highest order?

In tesco today I saw... THIS.

Want to see a food crime of the highest order?

In tesco today I saw... THIS.

They were eating them on the One Show a few weeks back. The presenter said they tasted like jam sandwiches. Lol.
Original post by foxo
Macaroni cheese. Even the sight of it makes me want to throw up.

I find it strange how people absolutely love macaroni cheese. A definite no for me.

And that reminds me... my nephew puts sugar on FROSTIES. Yes, I kid you not.

That boy sure has one hell of a sweet tooth. :zomg: Once I started eating Frosties well over 10 years ago now, I could no longer eat Corn Flakes without sugar aplenty. I just avoid them now.
Reply 570
Putting fresh coriander over a just made curry :zomg:

Why?! Why?!
Reply 571
Original post by Uzzy?
Putting fresh coriander over a just made curry :zomg:

Why?! Why?!

Putting fresh coriander over ANYTHING.
I went to a wedding once and every course had chopped coriander all over it!! Yuck!
Reply 572
being a vegetarian mug.
Reply 573
Coriander has the power to ruin any meal.
I had some lovely salads yesterday but they took me about 2 hours to eat because I had to pick everything up individually and wipe the coriander off. Why put coriander in it?
I always think it's a conspiracy to make me eat less.
People who order pizza and then say "I don't like cheese" and proceed to scrape the cheese off :curious:
Original post by Antiaris
One of my flatmates in university used to do this with chocolate weetabix.

AND THEN PUT IT INTO THE MICROWAVE.

... I.. just didn't know how to react...

STOP HATING. hater.

3 choc weetabix in a bowl, with lots of milk, put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stir and enjoy.
Reply 576
Bluergh. My dad had one of those strawberries and clotted cream sandwiches and said it tasted like "a soggy victoria sponge."

Delightful.
Reply 577
- People who think the delicious properties of an animal ends at the loin, tenderloin or breast. What are we supposed to do with the rest? Throw it away?
- Beans on toast. It's starch on top of starch, disgusting.
- Overcooked pork or chicken. You don't have to cook it for 4 days for it to be safe.
- Mayo on a burger. Seriously, get that yuck off my burger. It only needs a little crunchy salad, that's it.
Reply 578
Gherkins. Especially on burgers. They taste disgusting anyway, why exactly would I want to ruin my perfectly good burger with a pickled cucumber?
Reply 579
One time, I went to a birthday party my mate threw for his wife. I took her a bottle of expensive Champagne, and she said they'd save it for a "special occasion".

The night before, she'd been out with all her friends to a club and as it was her birthday bash the DJ had given her six bottles of cheap, fizzy plonk.

Half way through the party night, my mate was off his trolley, and was going around topping up everybody's glass with this cheap plonk (including beer drinkers).

Half an hour later, he was going around topping up everybody's glass with the expensive stuff.

I've never let him forget it.

Quick Reply

Latest