The Student Room Group

AEA June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Agent Fiasco
i think u must be right cause
how did u do it??

i expanded it than intergrated them each than put the limits i must have messed up some values

I can't remember the question as I spent ages worrying about Q6... I just remember my answer :P
Reply 141
Loooool who did the 1 mark vector Q on finding A lies on the line and didn't do the rest? :tongue:
thats wat i did fbut for my T parameter i had a huge value somefin like 141/50 so i gave up on it :frown:

btw u know the next few question on vectors was one of them prove that angle APB is 90????

Yeah you're to use dot product, to prove APAB=0\vec{AP} \cdot \vec{AB} = 0, as cos90=0. But then you got to find B first which depends on the P' from (a). That is the only method I can think of.
Reply 143
What were people's P' Vector? Mine was [text]\begin{pmatrix}
-2\\
13\\
5\end{pmatrix}
Reply 144
Original post by Ultimate1
Loooool who did the 1 mark vector Q on finding A lies on the line and didn't do the rest? :tongue:

haha I did that! :biggrin: that made my happy :P
Reply 145
Original post by implus
-2\\
13\\
5\end{pmatrix}

Did you find t by getting the perpundicular distance from P to the line right? What did you get T as??
Original post by implus
-2\\
13\\
5\end{pmatrix}

I didn't get this. If you manage to prove (c) correctly with this value of P', then your P' is correct.
Original post by superkinetic
Yeah you're to use dot product, to prove APAB=0\vec{AP} \cdot \vec{AB} = 0, as cos90=0. But then you got to find B first which depends on the P' from (a). That is the only method I can think of.

I managed to work out B as B was on line l right? so i made the point b as eqaution with T and then solved it for APAB=0\vec{AP} \cdot \vec{AB} = 0 and worked out B would that be correct?
Reply 148
Did you find t by getting the perpundicular distance from P to the line right? What did you get T as??

I think it was 72\frac{7}{2}

My XX vector for which lied on the line L and such at PX was perpendicular to the line L was ([br]92[br]152[br]6)\begin{pmatrix}[br]\frac{-9}{2}\\ [br]\frac{15}{2}\\ [br]6\end{pmatrix}
Reply 149
Original post by implus
I think it was 72\frac{7}{2}

My XX vector for which lied on the line L and such at PX was perpendicular to the line L was ([br]92[br]152[br]6)\begin{pmatrix}[br]\frac{-9}{2}\\ [br]\frac{15}{2}\\ [br]6\end{pmatrix}

WTF I got 158/69. Did you do like p.x =0 right? Arghhh I was on the right track but was getting weird number for t
I managed to work out B as B was on line l right? so i made the point b as eqaution with T and then solved it for APAB=0\vec{AP} \cdot \vec{AB} = 0 and worked out B would that be correct?

But you are to find position vector B before concluding that APAB=0\vec{AP} \cdot \vec{AB} = 0, not using APAB=0\vec{AP} \cdot \vec{AB} = 0 to work out position vector B. I dunno if the examiners will allow you to work out position vector B by using facts from subsequent parts of the qn.

WTF I got 158/69. Did you do like p.x =0 right? Arghhh I was on the right track but was getting weird number for t

I think it's pure carelessness. I got 50t=175 which leads to t=7/2. But I think I am careless enough not to calculate P' properly.
but didnt they tell us that APB was 90 degrees or did they ask to prove i fink i read the question wrong :frown:
but didnt they tell us that APB was 90 degrees or did they ask to prove i fink i read the question wrong :frown:

If I didn't recall wrongly, the qn ask you to find position vector B before proving the angle is 90 degrees.

Yayyy yayy me too:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I'm so happy someone is accompanying me:biggrin:
Reply 154
Weren't the equation to find t something like -7(-13-5t) + 2(3-3t) + 7(something) = 0
Reply 155
So what are the chances of any of you getting the grade that you want. I think it's probably 0 for me, which sucks.
Original post by Raimu
So what are the chances of any of you getting the grade that you want. I think it's probably 0 for me, which sucks.

I think I didn't do well enough either to get the merit I need. The paper was very hard, when I did the past papers I usually got around 53 marks but this one I will be lucky to get 40:mad:
Just scanned through the posts but didn't see it: did anyone do Q1? I was convinced that was a typo. Oh and I'll be lucky if I got a merit with what I answered >.<

Also are you guys still waiting on the paper? I can scan one in at 6:00 tonight if no ones done it before then.

Apologies if either of the above have already been posted; just scanned through the recent posts quickly on my way out the door.
Reply 158
Original post by Quadratic
Just scanned through the posts but didn't see it: did anyone do Q1? I was convinced that was a typo. Oh and I'll be lucky if I got a merit with what I answered >.<

Also are you guys still waiting on the paper? I can scan one in at 6:00 tonight if no ones done it before then.

Apologies if either of the above have already been posted; just scanned through the recent posts quickly on my way out the door.

This is what implus posted...

Original post by implus
This is how I did question 1:

Reply 159
I took pictures of the paper and uploading on mediafire now... don't really know how to reduce the size so I'll send a link in 10 minutes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending