The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by Average Lad
Really annoys me when bits are added to films which aren't in the book! Parts of the trailer wasn't in the book

That argument is slightly old now. :colondollar:

The trailer looks amazing! We may finally see the powerful magic Voldemort is capable of - the visual effects look fantastic.

:eek:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Especially since it suggested that

Spoiler

for those who haven't read the books. Although if they haven't they should burn in hell :huff:

I agree with -honeybee-. It seems to the casual viewer that he's talking to Voldemort whereas book readers... will know better.

Original post by rainbow drops
I love the excess of Voldemort's NNNYEEEAAAHHHHHHs being really noticeable even in the new, extended trailer. :rofl:

It's becoming the new Wilhelm scream.
Original post by Average Lad
Really annoys me when bits are added to films which aren't in the book! Parts of the trailer wasn't in the book

I disagree. You haven't seen the film so it's not fair to slate it. A lot of things are omitted because of length and unsuitability when being translated from word to screen. Films are a different medium and they should be treated as such. It's impossible to have a direct translation without new scenes, and nor would it be entirely desirable. Even Lord of the Rings, a faithful adaptation of the books, had huge changes.

Also the part in the trailer where Harry says 'Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eyes, the man who trusted you, and killed him' - sounds fantastic, emotional and chilling. That wasn't in the book, and I'm glad it's in the film.
(edited 12 years ago)
I cried when i saw the trailer :bawling:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I disagree. You haven't seen the film so it's not fair to slate it. A lot of things are omitted because of length and unsuitability when being translated from word to screen. Films are a different medium and they should be treated as such. It's impossible to have a direct translation without new scenes, and nor would it be entirely desirable. Even Lord of the Rings, a faithful adaptation of the books, had huge changes.

Also the part in the trailer where Harry says 'Tell them. Tell them how you looked him in the eyes, the man you trusted you, and killed him' - sounds fantastic, emotional and chilling.

Excellent said my dear Ape. Now.. I could have done without the "-together!" *throws both over the edge* :tongue:

And I have updated my signature!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Luceria
Excellent said my dear Ape. Now.. I could have done without the "-together!" *throws both over the edge* :tongue:

I agree with this bit... surely the jump scene completely changes the sequence of events near the end of the film? In the book don't H & V meet in the forest first? I do see the films seperately to the books but this is a bit of a weird change for me. Although I haven't seen it yet so it could be amazing.
Original post by -honeybee-
I agree with this bit... surely the jump scene completely changes the sequence of events near the end of the film? In the book don't H & V meet in the forest first? I do see the films seperately to the books but this is a bit of a weird change for me. Although I haven't seen it yet so it could be amazing.

It's a bit weird. I understand they want to make the battle more "cinematic". It looks very different on film, compared to the book.

The Wizarding world is small, and the wizarding community in Britain is tiny. But in the film they seem to have come up with something akin to Pelennor fields!
Again, I understand why.. But it's a bit strange.

And they've extended the battle. But of course, Harry has no chance against Voldemort. He has mostly survived because of luck, pretty much. I really liked how it was in the book. And the way Voldemort dies in the film.. Very "The Mummy" villain like (so I've heard anyway) . The whole point was for him to die like a normal man. I love the films, don't get me wrong. But some things are just a little too silly.
(edited 12 years ago)
Really liked the trailer I actually can't wait :P Does anyone know how long part 2 will be? I hope it isn't too short, it made sense where they left it after part 1 but there isn't a whole lot yet to cover for the second part of the film.
Original post by Luceria
It's a bit weird. I understand they want to make the battle more "cinematic". It looks very different on film, compared to the book.

The Wizarding world is small, and the wizarding community in Britain is tiny. But in the film they seem to have come up with something akin to Pelennor fields!
Again, I understand why.. But it's a bit strange.

And they've extended the battle. But of course, Harry has no chance against Voldemort. He has mostly survived because of luck, pretty much. I really liked how it was in the book. And the way Voldemort dies in the film.. Very "The Mummy" villain like (so I've heard anyway) . The whole point was for him to die like a normal man. I love the films, don't get me wrong. But some things are just a little too silly.

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't really mind them changing things as long as it's somewhat inkeeping with the book.

Original post by Jordenfruitbat
Really liked the trailer I actually can't wait :P Does anyone know how long part 2 will be? I hope it isn't too short, it made sense where they left it after part 1 but there isn't a whole lot yet to cover for the second part of the film.

I have no idea how long it will be but I'm guessing it will be about the same as the first. The things that will be covered are more 'important' to the plot/ending though so I'm sure there will be enough. Add to this all the extra bits that aren't in the book.
Reply 1429
Original post by darkwolf0139
It's those lips that scare me ;D

Hmm I just thought... when Voldemort gets reborn does he get another penis???
Poor man it must be tiny... no wonder he's always so angry at the world.
Reply 1430
The trailer looks amazing! Molly Weasley is going to kick ass!
Original post by Rokaf0
Hmm I just thought... when Voldemort gets reborn does he get another penis???
Poor man it must be tiny... no wonder he's always so angry at the world.

Are you aware of the spell Engorgio? :pierre:
Original post by Luceria

And I have updated my signature!

Haha, yeah. :tongue: That really is an annoyance to the point where it just seems like it's there for a more 'action-y' Hollywood stand-off and fight. Really playing on Voldemort's stupidity there. I know he's a pretty thick villain but not killing Harry when he's a few inches away?

Spoiler

Even more disappointingly, as many have noted, they've given a lot of way. Lots of stuff from the end of the film too.

Original post by Luceria

Yeah, he seems more like Voldemort's equal - rebounding spells in the trailer. Which in terms of raw power, he doesn't come close.

Talking of the Mummy, in the trailer there seems to be a scene reminiscent of the Mummy: the giant face of fire moving in the Great Hall.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Are you aware of the spell Engorgio? :pierre:

Voldemort's a Jew, he also needs Diffindo.

:getmecoat:
That 'together' bridge part is ****ing ridic and is going to make me laugh in the cinema. Just.... why? :lolwut:

(nyeeeaaaaahhh)
Is anyone going to the midnight showing?! I am :biggrin:
Aaah Still Need 2 Watch P1
Coz of exams i cudn't
I'm watchin it right now :smile:

Majid :smile:
Go a group of my mates from school I haven't seen in ageeesss to go see it with, should be guurd :h:
Original post by Deathly_Hallows
Is anyone going to the midnight showing?! I am :biggrin:

I wanted to lol but noone would come with me. So we're going on the saturday night.
Original post by -honeybee-
I wanted to lol but noone would come with me. So we're going on the saturday night.

I have this problem too :frown: And monday is half the price at my cinema so I booked tickets for then I have to wait all weekend :/

Quick Reply

Latest