The Student Room Group

The "I'm single and I want a relationship" thread

Okay so a few weeks ago I set up "The TSR Dating Thread" which was not very successful because it might have been quite intimidating to some people...

so I have set up this new thread which will hopefully have a more relaxed atmosphere than the previous one, and won't be so much about dating and more about just talking about relationships etc :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Pride
You think setting up a thread for single people to meet other random single people and date is a good idea? Online safety out of the window, you can't just meet strangers online. This website is filled with teenagers, and therefore a prime target for sex criminals.

:facepalm2:

The problem isn't sex predators, it's how crap this will all turn out.
Reply 2
Original post by micky022
The problem isn't sex predators, it's how crap this will all turn out.

Sadly I suspect you may be right :frown:
It does seem a bit rapey...
Reply 4
Original post by GeordieEdgeDXB
It does seem a bit rapey...

It isn't... well not on my part anyway.
Why are people going on about online safety etc? I don't think anyone on here would rush into meeting up with someone they have met online. I'm sure everyone on here would be very careful. I know I would.
Reply 5
Original post by Pride
You think setting up a thread for single people to meet other random single people and date is a good idea? Online safety out of the window, you can't just meet strangers online. This website is filled with teenagers, and therefore a prime target for sex criminals.

:facepalm2:

I hate this attitude. What's wrong with "meeting" strangers online? You know, before the Internet people met each other without even meeting online first. Meeting a random person in a club isn't any less dangerous than meeting a person from the Internet.

You just have to be sensible. Meet in a public place and don't go back to their place until you know them better. The same advice applies to meeting up with anyone you don't know that well, whether they're from the Internet, a randomer you met in a club, a friend of a friend, etc.
Reply 6
Original post by Psyk
I hate this attitude. What's wrong with "meeting" strangers online? You know, before the Internet people met each other without even meeting online first. Meeting a random person in a club isn't any less dangerous than meeting a person from the Internet.

You just have to be sensible. Meet in a public place and don't go back to their place until you know them better. The same advice applies to meeting up with anyone you don't know that well, whether they're from the Internet, a randomer you met in a club, a friend of a friend, etc.

Completely agree, pos repped :smile:
Well unless anyone's in Dubai, doubt I'll be meeting anyone around :biggrin:

I have nothing against meeting people online, love making new friends :smile:
So hello to everyone out there, if you want to chat, I'd love to :smile:
Reply 8
Well unless anyone's in Dubai, doubt I'll be meeting anyone around :biggrin:

I have nothing against meeting people online, love making new friends :smile:
So hello to everyone out there, if you want to chat, I'd love to :smile:

Hello there :smile:
I thought this thread would be more girl-friendly than the old one, clearly not so far :frown:
I don't see why it wouldn't be, we all seem to be pretty friendly people :biggrin:
Ah well, I'll just wait around until some come along :P
Reply 10
I don't see why it wouldn't be, we all seem to be pretty friendly people :biggrin:
Ah well, I'll just wait around until some come along :P

I call shotgun :biggrin:
Original post by turbocharged
I call shotgun :biggrin:

Honestly, are you that much of an adolescent?! :P
Anyway, you really think girls are gonna go for that sort of attitude when they see it :P
Reply 12
Honestly, are you that much of an adolescent?! :P
Anyway, you really think girls are gonna go for that sort of attitude when they see it :P

I joke :tongue:
I joke :tongue:

Hahaha, sure sure :wink:
We'll just see who comes along :P
Reply 14

Original post by Psyk

But why on TSR? why not on a dating website? This is a forum, there are rules about that kind of thing, and they're there to protect people...
Reply 15
Original post by Pride
But why on TSR? why not on a dating website? This is a forum, there are rules about that kind of thing, and they're there to protect people...

I don't think threads made specifically to find people to date will really work very well, but in my experience dating sites are crap, at least the free ones, and TSR gives much better results.

What are there rules against exactly?
You want to talk about relationships? Buckle up and let me take you on a ride through a forest of misery...

I've let the love of my life slip through my fingers... She knows I like her but apparently I'm "too nice" and "too good" for her! Which I find it hard to believe because she's religious and has similar moral standings to me, despite me not being the most loyal follower of God. In fact you could say that me and the big man haven't exactly seen eye to eye for... A little over 10 years now! So all in all, I believe that me being a decent lad in a world which is becoming increasingly dysfunctional, is a pretty bull**** excuse for us not being together... :frown:

The deluded bitch! Let's hope she comes to her senses... :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Raz_Webster_MUFC
You want to talk about relationships? Buckle up and let me take you on a ride through a forest of misery...

I've let the love of my life slip through my fingers... She knows I like her but apparently I'm "too nice" and "too good" for her! Which I find it hard to believe because she's religious and has similar moral standings to me, despite me not being the most loyal follower of God. In fact you could say that me and the big man haven't exactly seen eye to eye for... A little over 10 years now! So all in all, I believe that me being a decent lad in a world which is becoming increasingly dysfunctional, is a pretty bull**** excuse for us not being together... :frown:

The deluded bitch! Let's hope she comes to her senses... :smile:

Hard luck mate. Thankfully not all girls are like that. I don't inderstand their logic to be honest. Why wouldn't you want someone who is nice to you?
Hard luck mate. Thankfully not all girls are like that. I don't inderstand their logic to be honest. Why wouldn't you want someone who is nice to you?

I absolutely agree!

But what confuses me even more is that she's a really nice girl and she's really easy to talk to. (not a slag) :tongue: I'd go as far as saying she's the nicest girl I've ever met. So would she prefer to be with some reprobate who treats her badly, or somebody who idolises her and really cares for her?

For me, I think it's a no-brainer... But I guess man has been right for centuries. "Women are aliens".
Love this thread!

Quick Reply

Latest