The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bakmouth
:biggrin:

I spent around 12 months living on the university campus and then about 6 months on Hull Road. Good times.

Awesome!
Just realise that I accidentally made an angry face when I answered you before, t'was completely unintentional. :smile:
Original post by mevidek
Please may you people pray to the Lord with me in hope that he shall allow my great Auntie Audrey into the Kingdom of God? She died at the age of 85 today in her sleep following multiple strokes, when she was hospitalised. She led a good life, had many children and grand-children. Dearly departed and missed, RIP Auntie Audrey!

Sorry for your loss :frown: I've said a prayer for her.

Stay strong :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry for your loss :frown: I've said a prayer for her.

Stay strong :smile:

thank you :smile:

God be with you, if anyone wants me to pray for them then I shall! Peace to all!
Reply 5043
Original post by mevidek
Please may you people pray to the Lord with me in hope that he shall allow my great Auntie Audrey into the Kingdom of God? She died at the age of 85 today in her sleep following multiple strokes, when she was hospitalised. She led a good life, had many children and grand-children. Dearly departed and missed, RIP Auntie Audrey!

:hugs: Sorry for you loss and prayer has been said.

JB: That sounds like an awesome idea, hopefully it will all work out and God will provide everything you need for it :smile: It's weird how you mentioned making sure to do it for God as Just had a really inspiring bible study on Zechariah about remembering to do things for God and not for ourselves, can be so easy to think we're doing stuff for God when in fact we're doing it for completely different motives like praise or acceptance. Definitely something to dwell on.
Not too bad, thanks. :woo: for freedom! What plans to celebrate? :biggrin:

OOO new avatar :love:

Original post by mevidek

I hope you and your family are okay :jumphug:
Prayer has been said, if you need someone to chat to or anything, feel free to PM :yep:
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Indeed :biggrin: We were discussing moving avatars in the PS Helpers tea room and I thought it was time for a change :awesome:
Indeed :biggrin: We were discussing moving avatars in the PS Helpers tea room and I thought it was time for a change :awesome:

I change mine wayyy too frequently!
I change mine wayyy too frequently!

I didn't have an avatar for ages and then thought I should have a picture to give a hint as to what my usertitle refers to. Sometimes people think I'm male coz I've referenced the exact song title rather than labelling myself a goatherdess :sadnod:

I hope you and your family are okay :jumphug:
Prayer has been said, if you need someone to chat to or anything, feel free to PM :yep:

My family's okay at the moment, although I don't know what her close relatives are like, although she had a good life. Thank you for the prayer, I'll do mine just before bed, and I don't really mind about chatting... It's just so frustrating that whenever anything really good happens, something even worse has to happen :emo: Today I had my final exam for this year, and I was really happy and then... this. Oh well, life goes on. At least she's in a better place now :smile:
Reply 5049
I've got a little prayer request. I'm not quite sure how to put this, because it's not a specific problem - it's more just a feeling, which is always hard to articulate. Lately I think I've been focussed on the wrong things. Or at least, it's not that the thing I'm spending most of my time thinking about is bad per se, just that all my energy is being wasted there (relationship issues is the simplest way to put it!) and I feel like I need to refocus. I'm not quite sure what I'm asking for - it isn't that I want a solution to the problem, more just the strength to stop worrying about it? I don't know. I'm sorry, this is a very unhelpful post!
Original post by 22KT22
:hugs: Sorry for you loss and prayer has been said.

JB: That sounds like an awesome idea, hopefully it will all work out and God will provide everything you need for it :smile: It's weird how you mentioned making sure to do it for God as Just had a really inspiring bible study on Zechariah about remembering to do things for God and not for ourselves, can be so easy to think we're doing stuff for God when in fact we're doing it for completely different motives like praise or acceptance. Definitely something to dwell on.

I didn't have an avatar for ages and then thought I should have a picture to give a hint as to what my usertitle refers to. Sometimes people think I'm male coz I've referenced the exact song title rather than labelling myself a goatherdess :sadnod:

The pink is girly though!

Original post by mevidek
My family's okay at the moment, although I don't know what her close relatives are like, although she had a good life. Thank you for the prayer, I'll do mine just before bed, and I don't really mind about chatting... It's just so frustrating that whenever anything really good happens, something even worse has to happen :emo: Today I had my final exam for this year, and I was really happy and then... this. Oh well, life goes on. At least she's in a better place now :smile:

:hugs: It's tough! But remember everything that's happening is in God's perfect plan so it's all for the best!

Original post by d123
I've got a little prayer request. I'm not quite sure how to put this, because it's not a specific problem - it's more just a feeling, which is always hard to articulate. Lately I think I've been focussed on the wrong things. Or at least, it's not that the thing I'm spending most of my time thinking about is bad per se, just that all my energy is being wasted there (relationship issues is the simplest way to put it!) and I feel like I need to refocus. I'm not quite sure what I'm asking for - it isn't that I want a solution to the problem, more just the strength to stop worrying about it? I don't know. I'm sorry, this is a very unhelpful post!

Prayed for you! I know exactly what you mean, hate it when you feel like that!
Reply 5052

:hugs: It's tough! But remember everything that's happening is in God's perfect plan so it's all for the best!

Thank you :smile: And I'm glad you managed to understand what I meant!

so do you believe that God's planned out the future?
Original post by JB Johnstone
http://rapzilla.com/rz/music/freemp3s/3301-so-so-it-begins
He uses the freaking Inception soundtrack in one of his songs. Win!

I have been feeling over the last few days, that I just wanted to thank you for the consistent encouragements and mini-sermons (for want of a better description) that you consistently post. I like that they are there to read, and think they are enriching to the society.

Original post by mevidek

I will, of course I will. My Grandfather passed away about 6 months, one of the hardest things to deal with is the fact that as far as I know he was a staunch atheist. He lost his mind long before his body though, so who's to say what was in his heart...

I am sorry to hear of your loss :console:
Original post by mevidek
so do you believe that God's planned out the future?

Yes. Not in a controlling way, as free will and all that jazz, but I don't believe God would let anything happen that wasn't part of his great plan... I know that's all contradictory and doesn't make sense... sorry :colondollar:
Original post by d123

Then I pray that the Lord will fill you and renew you with his spirit, that he brings you the peace of knowing him. :smile:

And being very cliché, if it's meant to be, it'll be. **hums** whatever will be, will be.. the future's not ours to see...
Yes. Not in a controlling way, as free will and all that jazz, but I don't believe God would let anything happen that wasn't part of his great plan... I know that's all contradictory and doesn't make sense... sorry :colondollar:

Original post by rainbowbex
I have been feeling over the last few days, that I just wanted to thank you for the consistent encouragements and mini-sermons (for want of a better description) that you consistently post. I like that they are there to read, and think they are enriching to the society.

I will, of course I will. My Grandfather passed away about 6 months, one of the hardest things to deal with is the fact that as far as I know he was a staunch atheist. He lost his mind long before his body though, so who's to say what was in his heart...

I am sorry to hear of your loss :console:

Although I agree that he makes sure things don't go too out of hand, I don't believe that the Lord has written what we will do in our lifetimes. I think that he just created mankind, and let it progress, ensuring that mankind is safe, but not being too controlling.

Rainbow - RIP, I'm sure he's gone to heaven! I, unlike many other Christians, believe that anyone can go to Heaven if they are good people, or they convert to Christianity. Thank you very much guys, it helped me a lot :console:
Original post by mevidek
Although I agree that he makes sure things don't go too out of hand, I don't believe that the Lord has written what we will do in our lifetimes. I think that he just created mankind, and let it progress, ensuring that mankind is safe, but not being too controlling.

Rainbow - RIP, I'm sure he's gone to heaven! I, unlike many other Christians, believe that anyone can go to Heaven if they are good people, or they convert to Christianity. Thank you very much guys, it helped me a lot :console:

Yeah I guess that's kinda what I mean, He doesn't dictate what we do, but doesn't let it go crazy either :smile:
Yeah I guess that's kinda what I mean, He doesn't dictate what we do, but doesn't let it go crazy either :smile:

yeah exactly... I don't understand how the Muslim point of view for instance is very fair or correct, considering people who go on murderous rampages and are also Muslims... But still, that's their view and it does not concern me.

Were you born into Christianity or did you convert?

Latest

Trending

Trending