Reply 2080
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
Haha, I'm just trying to steal your job really... :ninja:

don't you mean mine :hmmm:

Good job :tongue:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hi everyone! What are the people that are dead cert on an en-suite accommodation going for? I don't want to be on the campus but I don't want to be really far away either like at bodington or oxley. I would be an undergraduate and not looking to live in a quiet hall. Price isn't an issue really. What do you guys think? Thanks. I will studying Economics if that helps also :smile:
Original post by fallout201
Hi everyone! What are the people that are dead cert on an en-suite accommodation going for? I don't want to be on the campus but I don't want to be really far away either like at bodington or oxley. I would be an undergraduate and not looking to live in a quiet hall. Price isn't an issue really. What do you guys think? Thanks. I will studying Economics if that helps also :smile:

Probably the Tannery. Clarence Dock is also very nice but a bit further away.
Reply 2083
I have a relatively weird question.

Can you bring your own bed? My boyfriend visits often and he's quite tall. Plus I've always had double bed my whole life :frown: it sounds silly but I'm really considering it. Is this even possible?
Reply 2084
Original post by accomoffice
You're absolutely right - as always :biggrin:

Hi accomoffice,

Up till now, which halls are likely to be oversubscribed? Do you look at the preferences only when I do not get my preferred choice? So if my choice is Charles Morris, would it be pointless to put Storm Jameson court in the 'other' box because if I do not get CM, I won't be able to get Storm Jameson even though I put it in the 'other' preference?
Original post by Soph.
I have a relatively weird question.

Can you bring your own bed? My boyfriend visits often and he's quite tall. Plus I've always had double bed my whole life :frown: it sounds silly but I'm really considering it. Is this even possible?

No, though there are some places that have double and 4ft beds already (eg Charles Morris, the tannery).
Reply 2086
No, though there are some places that have double and 4ft beds already (eg Charles Morris, the tannery).

I know but I want to be close to campus tannery is about a mile away isn't it? Where did you get the info from? I looked for it everywhere :tongue:
Will we find out our accommodation after results?

Reply 2088
Original post by hwalker37
Will we find out our accommodation after results?

Yes you get your accomodation offer after your uni offer becomes unconditional (i.e. you achieve the grades)
Reply 2089
Just want to hear now if I got my accommodation!! It's halfway through July that unconditional offer holders hear isn't it?
Original post by Soph.
I know but I want to be close to campus tannery is about a mile away isn't it? Where did you get the info from? I looked for it everywhere :tongue:

You mean which have double beds? The Leeds accommodation website has some info but there's more on websites like Leeds Student Life (can't link right now as on phone). About the bed it's just a very likely guess, to be absolutely sure you can contact them about it but they don't even let people have their own fridges :-/ I think they'd say there's too much of an issue with moving it in, especially as you might not be on the ground floor, there often aren't lifts and the corridors tend to be pretty narrow, plus they'd have to move the bed currently in there out. Also most rooms are of a certain size and a double bed might not fit or might take up all the spare space :tongue: I can see them saying something about health and safety in there. As I said, just a guess but if you really want it you should try emailing them or ambushing accomoffice on here. I can see that they might make special allowances if you have a health reason for needing something.

Tannery is about a 10-15 minute walk away from campus. What about Charles Morris?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2091
hii!
could anyone please tell me what they mean by shared houses in the list for when you apply pleaseee :biggrin:
Reply 2092

im a postgrad in the civil engineering department.
can u tell me which is better charles morris or leodis??
and also from leodis are there buses to and from the campus?
Reply 2093
Original post by dni2011
im a postgrad in the civil engineering department.
can u tell me which is better charles morris or leodis??
and also from leodis are there buses to and from the campus?

Leodis is a 10 minute walk from campus, it'd take much longer to use a bus.
Reply 2094
Original post by Gemini92
Leodis is a 10 minute walk from campus, it'd take much longer to use a bus.

so would u recommend charles morris or leodis for me????? im an international student and i really cant make up my mind
Reply 2095
Original post by dni2011
so would u recommend charles morris or leodis for me????? im an international student and i really cant make up my mind

I haven't been in either of them so I can't really be of any help here.
What date can we move into the accomodation? the website only has dates for last year (n)
Reply 2097
Original post by sapper_1993
What date can we move into the accomodation? the website only has dates for last year (n)

which accommodation are u moving into?
oxley hopefully... is it not a set date for everyone? :s-smilie:
Reply 2099
Original post by sapper_1993

My contract for Montague Burton starts on the 14th of September so that'd be the first day for the self-catered, if I remember rightly from last year, the catered started a few days later. Your contract will have the exact dates.