The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3440
Original post by coffee345
what about the question on NAA? and the question on papayas?
you'll be fine - dont worry :smile:

what do you need for uni?

what about the question on NAA? and the question on papayas?
you'll be fine - dont worry :smile:

what do you need for uni?

yes on the essay = 12 + 1 + 1 +2

then on the exam: first q = 3,
then q on acetluy choline = 2
question on menstrul cycle = 1+2+1
question on sirna= 2+1+1
a mark for the 80 0 0 = 1
stem cells = 2
nervous system = 1+1
question on krebs = 2
iquanas = 1+1
pupa = 2 + 1
kinesis= 1+2
NAA= 1+1
pupaya = 1 +1

LOL it's still not better i need a D to get an A :-( BUT a high D and i literally cried after than exam i never have done before i found IT VERYY HARD anddddddd i always get >90% in biology exams with a great feeling but this one JUST KILLLED me veryy verrrrryyy hard!!!! :frown:((((

cn't remember rest of q's BUT this is maximum and in relaity i think i have 32 raw marks coz i'm being generous up there omg i have been crying soooooooo much since that biology exam :/

and thankyou very much for your support HUGS xxxxxxxx
Original post by hammd

question on menstrul cycle = 1+2+1
question on sirna= 2+1+1
stem cells = 2
nervous system = 1+1
question on krebs = 2
iquanas = 1+1
pupa = 2 + 1
kinesis= 1+2
NAA= 1+1
pupaya = 1 +1

LOL it's still not better i need a D to get an A :-( BUT a high D and i literally cried after than exam i never have done before i found IT VERYY HARD anddddddd i always get >90% in biology exams with a great feeling but this one JUST KILLLED me veryy verrrrryyy hard!!!! :frown:((((

cn't remember rest of q's BUT this is maximum and in relaity i think i have 32 raw marks coz i'm being generous up there omg i have been crying soooooooo much since that biology exam :/

and thankyou very much for your support HUGS xxxxxxxx

but you might get the D? and besides...normally a D in Biology is like 35% :smile:
and why do you think you got 2 + 1 + 1 in breadth, QWC and relevance on the essay?

which essay did you do?
Reply 3442
but you might get the D? and besides...normally a D in Biology is like 35% :smile:
and why do you think you got 2 + 1 + 1 in breadth, QWC and relevance on the essay?

which essay did you do?

no i'm being harsh hereee lol i did the gene one BUt yeah i prob got 3, 2 2 i'm being harsh! but yeahh i hope i can get a high D low C just incase i failed the empa!!!!!!! :'(
Reply 3443
Original post by hammd

question on menstrul cycle = 1+2+1+2+1
question on sirna= 2+2+1+1
stem cells = 2
nervous system = 1+1
question on krebs = 2
iquanas = 1+1
pupa = 2 + 1
kinesis= 1+2

i feel exactly the same. i'm so nervous about results day already and i can't fully enjoy my summer. i think i have also got low 30s/40s. reckon i scored 0 marks on some questions, like the dna one. i really don't know how i've done in the essay. :frown:
Original post by lou12
i feel exactly the same. i'm so nervous about results day already and i can't fully enjoy my summer. i think i have also got low 30s/40s. reckon i scored 0 marks on some questions, like the dna one. i really don't know how i've done in the essay. :frown:

me too... but if we all thought we've done bad then there'll be low grade boundaries so dont worry! :smile:

what did you get in other units?
i really cant remember this paper already, all i remember is the cycles essay,

can someone refresh my memory of all the questions that came up?
cos i would like to take a guess at what i got raw marks wise
Reply 3446
me too... but if we all thought we've done bad then there'll be low grade boundaries so dont worry! :smile:

what did you get in other units?

unit 1 92
unit 2 124
unit 3 (i did a resit this year, i got 37 raw marks but not sure about ums)
unit 4 unsure
unit 5 oh dear lol :frown:
i need AAB so i really hope i can get a B overall in biology

how about you? :smile:
Reply 3447
Original post by choc1234
could someone just make sure please
would around 52 raw marks on this paper give around 102 ums?

i think it should. everyone i have spoken to found it hard, so a B (98UMS) would be about 50 marks. so 52 should be around 102:smile:
Reply 3448
Original post by lou12
i think it should. everyone i have spoken to found it hard, so a B (98UMS) would be about 50 marks. so 52 should be around 102:smile:

thankyouuu! i really hope it is!
Reply 3449
Original post by hammd
no i'm being harsh hereee lol i did the gene one BUt yeah i prob got 3, 2 2 i'm being harsh! but yeahh i hope i can get a high D low C just incase i failed the empa!!!!!!! :'(

hey i know how u feel
atleast you only need a D...i need a B to get an A overall and into uni and ive done soso badly :frown: literally 0 marks on so marks questions!
hey i know how u feel
atleast you only need a D...i need a B to get an A overall and into uni and ive done soso badly :frown: literally 0 marks on so marks questions!

same here!
i need like a high C or B >.<
Original post by empop92
i know :'( i thought chemistry would be the subject to make me miss my grades! i need bang on a B in this paper to get an A in biology but ahh im so worried i've massively ****ed up! how did you find it??

I know i thought i was really good at biology and safe with getting an A, but the last last few questions with pupae and the temperature regulation were a nightmare, touch and go i'd say. You just never know with the grade boundaries :frown: best of luck anyway
lol
this is what i thought too!

i wrote about similar to what you wrote except that instead of cell cycle i wrote about the water cycle...like transpiration? because after when nitrates are produced in the nitrogen cycle; nitrates are actively transported into the xylem for water to follow in by osmosis?

so yeah...this is why i didnt write about menstrual cycle and the action potentials and stuff :smile:

I took the same approach as you, started with the nitrogen cycle and then went on to talk about a water cycle, with h20 being taken in by root hair cells due to active transport of nitrates (et al).
Original post by Jin3011
I took the same approach as you, started with the nitrogen cycle and then went on to talk about a water cycle, with h20 being taken in by root hair cells due to active transport of nitrates (et al).

lol all good then ^^
:smile:
Reply 3454
lol all good then ^^
:smile:

hey will i lose marks on essay if i didnt relate every cycle to the part of the q where it said when one prduct is made it is used in the next cycle etc
however i did write about the
nitrogen cycle, carbon, cell, krebs, calvin, cell, muscles, predator prey, oestrrous and homeostatic and cardiac
thanks just abit worried i need 22 + to be on the safe side but im not sure
hey will i lose marks on essay if i didnt relate every cycle to the part of the q where it said when one prduct is made it is used in the next cycle etc
nitrogen cycle, carbon, cell, krebs, calvin, cell, muscles, predator prey, oestrrous and homeostatic and cardiac

i think you just lose marks on relevance...:smile:
It makes me sick to see that this thread is still going, seriously bunch of sados! :facepalm:

Just forget about it.....wait for your results and enjoy your SUMMER! :biggrin:
Reply 3457

dw i didn't link it back each time either. i don't think we'll lose any scientific content marks. i'm sure loads of people didn't link it either. i did cell cycle,homeostasis, krebs,calvin, muscles, PCR, predator prey, carbon and nitrogen. so the same as you... nearly :smile:
Original post by clairen886
The chief examiner of biology did a talk at my school a few weeks ago and he said that this exam is harder than last years and provisionally an A would be 56 marks. It is lovely and low so don't worry about uni :smile:

This made me so happy. I love you man, *dances*
:danceboy:
Original post by Master.K
It makes me sick to see that this thread is still going, seriously bunch of sados! :facepalm:

Just forget about it.....wait for your results and enjoy your SUMMER! :biggrin:

That's as bit strong isn't it? If you care so much why are you even bothering posting on here? The really sad thing is you apparently getting so worked up about it...:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending