Reply 5220
Original post by wrong diagnosis
quality, all the best mate

lol, atm, i am worried about a health problem. want to get an embarrasing check

Spoiler

but my GP told me they don't want to see me anymore because of

Spoiler

=/ sigh man, shud be doing ukat ect

Same to you, and as for your problem don't be embarrassed, just get it checked out by your local GP.
URGHHHHHHHHHHHHH SCREW U UKCAT!

Just did a practise run from the site, got 50.3% of the total questions correct (it only shows no. correct and incorrect) over the 4 sections...my timing sucks, i can't think fast enough!!!! :angry:
not ucl = no mdf, and doing all science a/s levels and A2

not oxford = 78% A*

not cam = ill this year, bombed my a/s with style

^_^

So I assume you'll be applying to Imperial then as you said you'll apply to one BMAT uni?
Anyone else going to the UCL open day tomorrow?
quality, all the best mate

lol, atm, i am worried about a health problem. want to get an embarrasing check

Spoiler

but my GP told me they don't want to see me anymore because of

Spoiler

=/ sigh man, shud be doing ukat ect

I had the heart palpitations too and had to wear the 24 hour ecg thing, was quite worried about it but none of the doctors seem to be :confused: even though it still happens from time to time.

If you're worried about your lump, go see someone! I'm sure they'd rather you go and it be nothing than not go and it be something serious (which I'm sure it won't be :tongue:) It could just be a cyst or something? But better to get it checked.

Stress/anxiety can cause all sorts of problems, or at least make little ones worse. I'm not an expert on anything so I'm only guessing :tongue:

But go see someone, that's what the NHS is there for :smile::smile:
Original post by Joseppea
I had the heart palpitations too and had to wear the 24 hour ecg thing, was quite worried about it but none of the doctors seem to be :confused: even though it still happens from time to time.

If you're worried about your lump, go see someone! I'm sure they'd rather you go and it be nothing than not go and it be something serious (which I'm sure it won't be :tongue:) It could just be a cyst or something? But better to get it checked.

Stress/anxiety can cause all sorts of problems, or at least make little ones worse. I'm not an expert on anything so I'm only guessing :tongue:

But go see someone, that's what the NHS is there for :smile::smile:

wow! thought i was the only a/s medical applicant to be facing these health issues on top of my competitive year of applying!

=/ how did you make your palpatations go ect?

=/not sure about the lumps, i am sure there are some...but my gp's, after refering me to the throat , and heart, told me , in simple terms, to never come back? i.e i went for stomach aches in my lower stomach, and pains, and mucus in my throat and got told it's anxiety...? to pray, and to visit my p.e teacher for my palpatations?

But go see someone, that's what the NHS is there for :smile::smile:[/
QUOTE]

My GP's don't want me there...they say "there is nothing wrong with you"

scared to tell them about this - something quite embarrasing...they'd say no, or humiliate me...trust me=/ i've been there for my heart, and my throat, and they say "we've checked all your body systems...and in indirect language, stop coming"
(edited 12 years ago)
[QUOTE="others;32535657" Respect="Respect"]

QUOTE]

scared to tell them about this - something quite embarrasing...they'd say no, or humiliate me...trust me=/ i've been there for my heart, and my throat, and they say "we've checked all your body systems...and in indirect language, stop coming"

Hmm :frown: Maybe try a sexual health drop in clinic (I know you're not assuming it's an STI or anything) as I read online that there should be a consultant urologist or a similar doctor there. They should be able to see if there's anything wrong with you and it's all confidential. :redface:
[QUOTE="others;32535657" Respect="Respect"]

QUOTE]

Get a new GP, and stop making new accounts, you'll just get banned again and again. 2 new accounts in a day would sound impressive to most people, but doubtless for you it's standard procedure.
Original post by Respect others
wow! thought i was the only a/s medical applicant to be facing these health issues on top of my competitive year of applying!

=/ how did you make your palpatations go ect?

=/not sure about the lumps, i am sure there are some...but my gp's, after refering me to the throat , and heart, told me , in simple terms, to never come back? i.e i went for stomach aches in my lower stomach, and pains, and mucus in my throat and got told it's anxiety...? to pray, and to visit my p.e teacher for my palpatations?

It's weird, one time I got them I was just walking in the woods... it feels like my heart is trying to break out of my ribs :eek: I get really hot and light headed and have to sit down... after a while it settles down and I'm fine. Happened the other week at college when I was walking down the stairs :s-smilie: Apparently it's just a fairly harmless thing that generally affects sportsmen/women and is usually nothing to worry about. :smile:

Maybe try an out-of-hours clinic as well, get another opinion?

Luckily my heart tests etc. were done last year and this year all I've had to worry about is stomach problems, but I still have 98%ish attendance to college so it doesn't seem as serious as your issues :s-smilie:

I hope you get better man :biggrin:
[QUOTE="G;32535799" Straight="Straight" up="up"]
Original post by Respect others

Get a new GP, and stop making new accounts, you'll just get banned again and again. 2 new accounts in a day would sound impressive to most people, but doubtless for you it's standard procedure.

:nooo: Thought this was aimed at me then.

:colondollar: Thoroughly confused me for a second! XD
Reply 5231
Just thought I would post my profile!

GCSE: 4 A*s, 4As

AS: Hopefully getting 4As

A2 predicted: A*, A, A

Applying to (need to get down to 4, but will depend on my UKCAT sore that I'm taking on 1st Sept): Peninsula, Newcastle, Barts, Liverpool, Manchester, UEA.

Work experience: 3 days bristol hospital, 1 week glos hospital, 1 week local gp, volunteering at care home, RDA, disabled school.
(edited 12 years ago)
What sort of extra clubs are people planning on joining once you're in uni? :smile:

If i can get into cambridge, i'm gonna join the anime & manga club, and look for a guitar club where i can find band members to play with :biggrin:
Reply 5233
Original post by EternalDoom
What sort of extra clubs are people planning on joining once you're in uni? :smile:

If i can get into cambridge, i'm gonna join the anime & manga club, and look for a guitar club where i can find band members to play with :biggrin:

I thought I was the only overly-keen one thinking about clubs when I haven't even submitted my application :tongue:

I was thinking about joining a sport as well as some drama and volunteering stuff. I can play the guitar too so if we get into the same uni we can jam! :biggrin:
Original post by Ergo
I thought I was the only overly-keen one thinking about clubs when I haven't even submitted my application :tongue:

I was thinking about joining a sport as well as some drama and volunteering stuff. I can play the guitar too so if we get into the same uni we can jam! :biggrin:

Woo! sounds like a plan :P what unis you planning on applying to? :biggrin:
I might take up karate or some sort of martial arts too :O Depends how much free time i get though xD
Reply 5235
Woo! sounds like a plan :P what unis you planning on applying to? :biggrin:
I might take up karate or some sort of martial arts too :O Depends how much free time i get though xD

My favourites are currently Barts and the London, Sheffield, Aberdeen and St Andrews. Hopefully I'll nail the UKCAT!
Original post by Ergo
My favourites are currently Barts and the London, Sheffield, Aberdeen and St Andrews. Hopefully I'll nail the UKCAT!

I'm really worried about the UKCAT, i feel like i'm constantly practising but not improving much, i can't manage to finish the questions in the time limits, i can work out the answers but it takes me too long to figure it out, and it's pretty much like if i mess up the UKCAT i gotta wait another whole year :frown:
How's your revision for it going?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5237
I'm really worried about the UKCAT, i feel like i'm constantly practising but not improving much, i can't manage to finish the questions in the time limits, i can work out the answers but it takes me too long to figure it out, and it's pretty much like if i mess up the UKCAT i gotta wait another whole year :frown:
How's your revision for it going?

I understand the pressure, I really really like Barts and really like Sheffield and both have a cutoff. I haven't started UKCAT revision yet as I'm still revising for some exams (I'm international) :colondollar: My Ukcat's on July 21 and I'm worried about not completing revision on time :s-smilie:
Original post by Ergo
I understand the pressure, I really really like Barts and really like Sheffield and both have a cutoff. I haven't started UKCAT revision yet as I'm still revising for some exams (I'm international) :colondollar: My Ukcat's on July 21 and I'm worried about not completing revision on time :s-smilie:

Ouch sounds like a pain :/ good luck with your exams, i'm sure you'll do fine :smile:
Quick question, how are you going about with dealing with the tuition fees as an international student? Are you going to apply for grants and bursaries? (sorry just interested xD)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5239
Ouch sounds like a pain :/ good luck with your exams, i'm sure you'll do fine :smile:
Quick question, how are you going about with dealing with the tuition fees as an international student? Are you going to apply for grants and bursaries? (sorry just interested xD)

Yup, the fees paid by internationals are enormous! Tuition fees will be paid by my parents. I'm really grateful in that I have parents who are supportive and willing to fund me, considering that my family's not too loaded in the first place. It will indeed be a financial strain should I pursue medicine in the UK as opposed to my country. (Local uni's my first choice as such :tongue:)

I haven't taken a look at grants/loans/stuff like that so I'm not too sure. There's no scholarship for medicine in my country :frown: I was thinking about working part-time if I get into UK med but my mum told me to concentrate on studying :dontknow:.

Latest

Trending

Trending