The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rrahimer
The thing is I'm fairly sure you're entirely missing the point, the stretch and challenge questions were there to make you think, not to remember, that's the entire point. There were past papers and similarly styled questions in the book, so you have nothing really to complain about.

Not complaining really, I agree that the paper was fair, covered everything...just would have liked to have practiced and actually known about the context they wanted to apply Chemistry in the exam beforehand

I honestly don't care anymore....nothing can be done, let's wait till August ey :wink:

This, literally in my nuts
Original post by viksta1000
Not complaining really, I agree that the paper was fair, covered everything...just would have liked to have practiced and actually known about the context they wanted to apply Chemistry in the exam beforehand

I honestly don't care anymore....nothing can be done, let's wait till August ey :wink:

Oh god, let's not even go there...
is the june 2010 paper the earliest one? and is there a jan 2011?
I think a lot of people are missing the point about the magic tang question. The problem was the ambiguous wording which led many to believe that you had to work out the acid to use rather than simply pick one and proceed.
Original post by wilsea05
+ REP anyone? :wink:
i've had nothing at all to do tonight haha.

questions, marks, and the answers. (some of them are just my attempt at it, e.g. the decomposition of KOH, and i'm also not 100% about the marks for each question but i've made it =100 so 1 question maybe +/- 1mark than its actually worth)

http://www.mediafire.com/?g779xf52up4b79p

Hey do you think you could put the f324 june 2011 mark scheme after we've done the exam on friday cause that would be brill!
Reply 3146
Original post by Flaaminah
Hey do you think you could put the f324 june 2011 mark scheme after we've done the exam on friday cause that would be brill!

thanks mate you're a legend! + rep for you

Wrong guy.... oh boy, this is embarrasing
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3147
This was a hard exam, but I'm really annoyed at myself for getting caught up in it. I think I just made too many mistakes not thinking properly.
I don't want to blame OCR but it did feel like alot of jumping through hoops (but then at the same time who wants a levels to be easy?)
Original post by Flaaminah

I dont think the equition for NH3+O2 is right. I think the product should be H2O and NO:smile:
Original post by Flux_Pav
hey guys
i have 264/300 UMS for AS chem
and 54/60 for practical and 68/90 for F324 (I am resitting this one this june)
if getting A is 480 out of 600, i need 94 UMS as it is - but i think i got about 60 marks :\
will i make it?

How many raw marks did u get for practical?
Original post by brobro
my chemistry teacher said it was the hardest exam hes seen in 20 years so all those who say it wasn't that hard, stop talking out your backside, get down from your high horse and accept it was a difficult paper. Btw i was on an A going into that exam and am resigned to the fact i know i got a D in this paper

alot of people will be doing F324 F325 on 26th Jan and 1st Feb by the sounds of it:eek:
my school, just got this reply from OCR

OCR

GCE Chemistry A paper F325 (Equilibria, Energetics and Elements), June 2011

Thank you for your e-mail detailing your concerns about the above examination paper. I was
very sorry to read of your concerns and would like to assure you that OCR continually monitors
all aspects of the assessment in light of centre feedback and the experiences of candidates.

In response to your concerns I would like to stress that it is the specification that determines
what can and cannot be assessed for any qualification. The Heinemann textbook provides a
good grounding in many of the topics that may be assessed. It does need to be noted, however,
that no textbook will exactly repeat what will appear in the examination. A requirement of the
Regulator for all GCE qualifications is the emphasis on the Application of Knowledge and
Understanding (rather than pure recall) in the new specifications and thus on candidates being
able to apply their knowledge of a topic to new, unfamiliar situations. OCR has followed all
requirements set out by the Regulator for this assessment and we are happy that the standard of
the papers is appropriate, fair and that it prepares candidates well for future careers.

I would like to assure you that I have discussed your concerns with the Principal Examiner and
that all feedback received on any examination is tabled at the Awarding Meeting where grade
boundaries are set. If any issue is found to have affected all candidates, such as timing, grade
boundaries will be set so as to ensure that no candidates are disadvantaged. I should highlight
however, that all question papers are sent to an independent scrutineer who is charged with
working them as a candidate would do and reporting on their suitability (including any possible
timing issues). No such issues were raised for this paper or I would not have passed it for print.
If any subsequent analysis from the June examination suggests that timing is an issue for this
paper we will of course review all future papers.

Thank you for your observations and for taking the time to contact us and I wish you well in your
examinations.

Yours sincerely,

it came as an attachment as a PDF, so im guessing quite a few people filed complaints with OCR hence why they have pre-prepared a reply for this issue
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3152
Original post by leitingxu
How many raw marks did u get for practical?

Reply 3153
what do you think 94 UMS will be in terms of marks in F325 JUNE 2011?
i know its early but i am so DAM scared about results :frown:
Ah damn it I just remembered that I worked out the molar quantities in the magic tang question but didn't actually form it into a ratio.

Why does this paper always come back to haunt me?!??
just wondering if anyone might know how many raw marks i'd need to get about 100/150 ums??
Original post by katie_3000
just wondering if anyone might know how many raw marks i'd need to get about 100/150 ums??

your in almost an identical position to me....according to Jan's grade boundaries (which are likely to be similar to June's +/- 3 marks)...100UMS is around the 55 mark
Original post by viksta1000
your in almost an identical position to me....according to Jan's grade boundaries (which are likely to be similar to June's +/- 3 marks)...100UMS is around the 55 mark

thanks! i need an A overall, what do you need?
Original post by katie_3000
thanks! i need an A overall, what do you need?

yeah I need an A too overall considering the fact that I absolutely ruined C4

I need 112 for an A, but i resat a module from last year so overall looking for something around the 100 mark too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending