The Student Room Group

Analyst Wardrobe

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
As an analyst, generally, you need less ties and less full suit combos than an intern- fact
Original post by Pendulum
Ever heard of a tailor? Just get the darts taken in on the other shirts if they are too baggy as that's the main difference between TM Lewin and CT, CT is 37" waist and TM is 33. Other than that get MTM shirts if you're still not happy.

Im having a similar but different problem to the guy above,

CT - tailored fit = 15'' is perfect but the sleeves are too bloody short, the longest they have is 33 and I need at least 35.... is there nothing I can do other than buy a 15.5'' and get that tailored because thats quite costly...
Original post by Pendulum
Ever heard of a tailor? Just get the darts taken in on the other shirts if they are too baggy as that's the main difference between TM Lewin and CT, CT is 37" waist and TM is 33. Other than that get MTM shirts if you're still not happy.

yes i have but its hassle - how much do they cost anyways out of interest
Reply 1143
I have TM Lewins that are 34, mot sure if they have 35+.

I am also 14/14.5" neck the CT tailored shirts are fine for me. Not sure how thin you are but they are probably ok if you are starting off. At least I see very few people with very well fitting shirts at this level.
Original post by Mos Def
Im having a similar but different problem to the guy above,

CT - tailored fit = 15'' is perfect but the sleeves are too bloody short, the longest they have is 33 and I need at least 35.... is there nothing I can do other than buy a 15.5'' and get that tailored because thats quite costly...

To be honest you'd be better off buying a different brand if you can't get what you want. CT shirts are dirt cheap anyway but decent enough to get it tailored.

Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
yes i have but its hassle - how much do they cost anyways out of interest

Depends if you're just getting the body taken in or sleeves altered too. It's also dependent on where you live, in London it costs me twice as much to alter shirts so I do them when I visit home and it costs Β£10 per shirt. MTM shirts are most expensive but are a perfect fit, so I guess depends on whether you think Β£30 is expensive for a shirt or Β£90?
I'm dealing with this slim fit issue too right now. I'm slightly envious of the 15'' necks here currently because of it. My neck's between 16'' and 16 1/2'' and its impossible to find a good fitting shirt. I'm thinking that I will either try to get all of my shirts altered or I'll go for a lower neck size (15'' if it doesn't look too bad) and the John Francomb's from TM Lewin (don't need to wear a tie anyway).
Original post by Tompazr
I'm dealing with this slim fit issue too right now. I'm slightly envious of the 15'' necks here currently because of it. My neck's between 16'' and 16 1/2'' and its impossible to find a good fitting shirt. I'm thinking that I will either try to get all of my shirts altered or I'll go for a lower neck size (15'' if it doesn't look too bad) and the John Francomb's from TM Lewin (don't need to wear a tie anyway).

surely there can't really be much between 16 and 16.5 if you already lie the middle anyway? you tried the BB extra slim fit ones? (not tried them myself but i've been told they're pretty slim)
My concern doesn't lie with picking between 16 and 16.5, both are terrible fits. TM Lewin JF are the slimmest judging by numbers on the respective websites.
Reply 1148
The TML JF are still not as slim as im guessing you are looking for. Im 6 3, 200 lbs and it still is big at the waist on me (and i wear a 16). Furthermore, TML collars are smaller than other shirtmakers, for example im a comfortable 16 usually but with TML i cant button a 16.

You might want to try MTM if you want a real slim fit, or take your shirts to a tailor, both good options.
Reply 1149
Can anyone give any advice on what type of bag to use for an internship - briefcase or portfolio?

Also, any recommendations on brand? Mont Blanc, Dunhill, LV and so on are perhaps out of my budget.
None. You really won't be carrying much around.
Original post by Vodking
Can anyone give any advice on what type of bag to use for an internship - briefcase or portfolio?

Also, any recommendations on brand? Mont Blanc, Dunhill, LV and so on are perhaps out of my budget.

Well, you're not going to be given anything to take home apart from admin stuff in the first week or so. I just took in a Gym bag every now and again if I was going to be using the gym, otherwise didn't really need one.
Reply 1152
Original post by President_Ben
None. You really won't be carrying much around.

Original post by Jimi Haze
Well, you're not going to be given anything to take home apart from admin stuff in the first week or so. I just took in a Gym bag every now and again if I was going to be using the gym, otherwise didn't really need one.

Thanks, I won't bother buying anything then.
Original post by CityTrader
Lol it's not, Its called BMB, it's a warehouse near Harrogate.

Opinions?
Original post by PopABottle
Opinions?

Well the Suits are 1st class, If you can get your hands on one which fits you.
Reply 1155
Well the Suits are 1st class, If you can get your hands on one which fits you.

Any chance you could give us an address for this place? Googled 'BMB North Yorkshire' but nothing's coming up.
Original post by Vodking
Any chance you could give us an address for this place? Googled 'BMB North Yorkshire' but nothing's coming up.

Sorry mate, I really have no clue where it actually is - Ive only been there around 3/4 times and only once was I lucky enough to get a nice suit that fitted me. I live miles away from Yorkshire but go past the warehouse on the way to relatives
Original post by Vodking

http://mystore.debenhams.com/store/279-Harrogate/departments-and-brands
Reply 1158
Sorry mate, I really have no clue where it actually is - Ive only been there around 3/4 times and only once was I lucky enough to get a nice suit that fitted me. I live miles away from Yorkshire but go past the warehouse on the way to relatives

No problem, found it now. For anyone that's interested:

BMB Menswear
www.bmb-clothing.co.uk
Rawcliffe Road
Goole, North Humberside DN14 6UA
01405 782 800
Lets be honest. this thread is just for day dreamers and wannabes......No1 gives a toss about wardrobes in internships... its about brains, talent and landing the offer. Simple as. A nice watch and suit will be useful..... only on a thursday night in the city

Quick Reply

Latest