The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dreiviergrenadier
Meh, I think most guys are surprisingly simple. Beer + boobs + cars seems to describe a depressingly large number of people...

You were supposed to try and boost my opinion of men, not lower it :p:
Meh, I think most guys are surprisingly simple. Beer + boobs + cars seems to describe a depressingly large number of people...

:frown: I'm not like this. I just want to love Our Lord and His Blessed Mother and find a wife whom I can start a family with.
Original post by d123
You'd think so. In theory, that's definitely the easiest way! I just wish I'd said it to him the last time I saw him - I knew it'd be the last time I'd see him for ages, it was just the two of us, the opportunity was perfect, yet I just couldn't pluck up the courage. It's weird, I feel completely comfortable around him but I still can't tell him how I feel.

Maybe I should change my earlier 'guys are confusing' comment to 'clearly, girls are just as confusing too'. I even confuse myself!

Thank you very much, I might take you up on that offer later on :smile: And I understand what you mean about the lying about your feelings - I've been guilty of that before and when you look back on it, it does seem ridiculous, but at the time, it's the most obvious thing to do.

I'll admit, I've tried that approach in the past.. one time ended with a relationship, another ended with rejection. Both male and female can be confusing as we play this game where we try and explore opportunity's to be relational with a specific person whilst trying to dodge the bullets that often strike when we leave ourselves vulnerable.

I am currently really really really wishing I'd told him how I feel.. I am also wishing I'd REALISED how I felt a bit sooner than the end of term. LOL Gah, it'd just be so stupid to start something now, but I can't help but think I have missed an opportunity. Life goes on.
I think people just need to remember that God has that special someone picked out for us from before we even were created. If we pursue God first in everything then all of our relationships, romantic or otherwise, will fall into place.
Original post by JB Johnstone
I think people just need to remember that God has that special someone picked out for us from before we even were created. If we pursue God first in everything then all of our relationships, romantic or otherwise, will fall into place.

I know, I'm trying really hard to keep my focus on God :smile: It's a challenge though sometimes!
Original post by rainbowbex
I know, I'm trying really hard to keep my focus on God :smile: It's a challenge though sometimes!

I know, right? I have to just ask Him every day to forgive any time when I honour myself more than Him. I seem to focus on myself so much! I hate complacency, it's a constant battle to keep my eyes off the world and on Christ.
“God doesn’t need our good works, but our neighbor does.” - Luther
I'm not very good at trusting God :no:
Reply 5128
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

:hugs:

I'm the same. I try, but it doesn't always work. I don't like being out of control, it's my biggest issue, which is probably something to do with it. Letting God take care of things isn't something that comes naturally to me, I prefer knowing exactly what I'm doing - not that I ever do! I try my best though.
Original post by d123

I'm the same. I try, but it doesn't always work. I don't like being out of control, it's my biggest issue, which is probably something to do with it. Letting God take care of things isn't something that comes naturally to me, I prefer knowing exactly what I'm doing - not that I ever do! I try my best though.

I'm the same. I had a glorious few months where I was so ill that I put my life totally in God's hands and leaned on Him without thinking twice. I just don't know how to get back to that place again without getting that ill :no:
Just so you don't feel left out, I have found you (and RK) on Facebook :tongue:

Oh dear...I find it strange thinking that people know who I am, but I don't know who they are :p:
You were supposed to try and boost my opinion of men, not lower it :p:

I mean, err... men are great?

Original post by adamrules247
:frown: I'm not like this. I just want to love Our Lord and His Blessed Mother and find a wife whom I can start a family with.

Our of interest, how come you're so keen to have a family? Singleness is no less godly...
Original post by d123
You'd think so. In theory, that's definitely the easiest way! I just wish I'd said it to him the last time I saw him - I knew it'd be the last time I'd see him for ages, it was just the two of us, the opportunity was perfect, yet I just couldn't pluck up the courage. It's weird, I feel completely comfortable around him but I still can't tell him how I feel.

Maybe I should change my earlier 'guys are confusing' comment to 'clearly, girls are just as confusing too'. I even confuse myself!

Lol, I think all people are just confusing. Which I think is a very good reason to get to know someone as well as possible before making judgments about how they ought to be behaving...

If you're in that kind of situation with him though, it at least sounds a bit like he likes you. Then again, I infuriate some of my friends by assuming that any meeting (normally in a coffee shop) between a single male and female is a date, so maybe I shouldn't be listened to... Maybe write him a letter? That's easier to do, and the agonising/feeling stupid about it only really kicks in when it's irreversible :biggrin:
Original post by RK
Oh dear...I find it strange thinking that people know who I am, but I don't know who they are :p:

You're welcome to join in the effort to find me, just no using your admin powers :nah:
Reply 5134
Lol, I think all people are just confusing. Which I think is a very good reason to get to know someone as well as possible before making judgments about how they ought to be behaving...

If you're in that kind of situation with him though, it at least sounds a bit like he likes you. Then again, I infuriate some of my friends by assuming that any meeting (normally in a coffee shop) between a single male and female is a date, so maybe I shouldn't be listened to... Maybe write him a letter? That's easier to do, and the agonising/feeling stupid about it only really kicks in when it's irreversible :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice. I know it's more H&R than Christian Society, really, but I feel like I'm more likely to get sensible advice from you guys!
You're welcome to join in the effort to find me, just no using your admin powers :nah:

I don't know where to start...you're profile has no identifiable information about you and so all I could do is find out the email address associated with your account and look it up on facebook in the hope you're registered with the same one in both places...but I can't do that...

...I'm no good at finding people...:p:
I know, right? I have to just ask Him every day to forgive any time when I honour myself more than Him. I seem to focus on myself so much! I hate complacency, it's a constant battle to keep my eyes off the world and on Christ.

It's something that I need the strength of God to do. He has really really answered my prayers today. Last night I ended up almost having a worry attack. I've pretty much not had one since coming to realise my faith and that was a good push. I think that God is just really calling me to grow in relationship with him at the moment, I've had some relaxing months, and I haven't felt really challenged in my faith in a while.

Sometimes it's so hard to focus on God enough to lean in his strength and awesome power
Original post by d123

Yeah, giving the control completely over to God is really difficult. I do really feel set up in a good place in my life right now though :biggrin:
Original post by d123
Thanks for the advice. I know it's more H&R than Christian Society, really, but I feel like I'm more likely to get sensible advice from you guys!

but isn't part of being human, part of being Christian being relational. I think it's totally appropriate to post here. Christians often seem to take a completely different stance to relationships anyway.

a non-christian might say, just go for the kiss! Not a very good example, but meh
Original post by rainbowbex
Thank you!

Just an update for you all: after a terrible start to my day, it's now going quite well (yay) and my house is sorted (YES!) I passed my exams, the sun is shining, and my flatmate turned up today and helped clean a good proportion of the property (I move out today) so there was very little for me to actually do.

I had a really good pray this afternoon to, which has greatly relieved my stress situation! :smile: xxx

Glad day got better, real answer to prayer!

Ahhh but what happens if God wants us all to remain single and go and be a missionary?!?! Firstly I don't deal well with insects, and secondly I want a family! It's much easier trusting God's plan if it follows ours :yep:

Debbie, sounds proper stressful over there! Message me on fb/here/text/whatever if you need a talk! Sorry wasn't around earlier to give advice, was at work, but putting in my two pence "if it's meant to be, it'll happen"...I'm useless at relationships, as you well know!
Reply 5139
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Glad day got better, real answer to prayer!

Ahhh but what happens if God wants us all to remain single and go and be a missionary?!?! Firstly I don't deal well with insects, and secondly I want a family! It's much easier trusting God's plan if it follows ours :yep:

Debbie, sounds proper stressful over there! Message me on fb/here/text/whatever if you need a talk! Sorry wasn't around earlier to give advice, was at work, but putting in my two pence "if it's meant to be, it'll happen"...I'm useless at relationships, as you well know!

Thank you :smile:

I hope your job is going alright!

Latest

Trending

Trending