The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Exams finished: and now to play the waiting game.
Reply 4421
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy

Exams finished: and now to play the waiting game.

Good luck dude - the waiting game is the toughest part!

In other news, it seems around 12% of people failed finals and 6-7 people need to retake the year. Pretty shocking stuff for something 'no one fails'.
Original post by visesh

In other news, it seems around 12% of people failed finals and 6-7 people need to retake the year. Pretty shocking stuff for something 'no one fails'.

How do theyknow they have to retake the year already if resits haven't been done? I'm guessing it's a different system to the other years.
Original post by Stanley90
How do theyknow they have to retake the year already if resits haven't been done? I'm guessing it's a different system to the other years.

If they fail one of the two practical exams, there is no chance of a resit and they have to repeat the year. I'm not entirely sure if this is because of practical reasons or that they deem that if you fail a practical exam, you're not ready to be a doctor.
Original post by Sarky
I am not a doctor. I am a final year medical student who has just finished her exams...

ditto!

Well passed as well as finished but....
the worst set of exams i've ever done by miles, gutted.
Right, t-4 weeks, 2 weeks of ssc and 2 free. Plan: revise 3rd year, teach self GI, Hepatology and Nephrology (we do specialties rotations, and whichever ones you don't get you self teach). Scared now...:frown:
Original post by Smile88egc
ditto!

Well passed as well as finished but....

Staying South West for F1?
Original post by Captain Crash
If they fail one of the two practical exams, there is no chance of a resit and they have to repeat the year. I'm not entirely sure if this is because of practical reasons or that they deem that if you fail a practical exam, you're not ready to be a doctor.

Wow, I'd be interested to know which reason it is!
Original post by visesh

5 people (from ~160) failed the final 5th year OSCE here and are resitting. Was fairly sure it was supposed to be unfailable if you'd managed to get to 5th year :s
Reply 4430
Original post by John Locke
the worst set of exams i've ever done by miles, gutted.

Completely feel your pain - results tomorrow, already feeling a bit sick.
Reply 4431
Apparently more than 10 failed here and that is rare. No resits here so they have to do the year again. The osce's were a bitch and apparently harder than last year. Really really feel for those people, it could have been me.
Reply 4432
Good luck to everyone still getting results. :smile:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
5 people (from ~160) failed the final 5th year OSCE here and are resitting. Was fairly sure it was supposed to be unfailable if you'd managed to get to 5th year :s

5!

In the last two years there was supposedly only 1 person that had failed.
Original post by visesh

Wow, that really surprises me - either the clinical school have started getting tougher or people have been getting complacent. I think only one person failed the OSCE and one failed the SCEE in my year, with a handful more having to retake one of the written papers.
Year two completed with no resits. Summer with no further exam strains...
Original post by Kinkerz
Year two completed with no resits. Summer with no further exam strains...

congrats!
5!

In the last two years there was supposedly only 1 person that had failed.

That's what Prof K told us... :dontknow: When are your results out?
Reply 4438
Original post by Helenia

Original post by Helenia
Wow, that really surprises me - either the clinical school have started getting tougher or people have been getting complacent. I think only one person failed the OSCE and one failed the SCEE in my year, with a handful more having to retake one of the written papers.

Word had is that the spread of scores was pretty huge. The lowest scores were by far the lowest seen since the new course started, and the highest pretty damned high. The SEQ and EMQ seemed to do the most damage overall (and to be fair, there were some pretty nasty, esoteric questions in each.)
Original post by carcinoma
Staying South West for F1?

You betcha, Torbaydos all the way!

Latest

Trending

Trending