The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i_hate_teeth
where did you hear that?

From a previous post here :s-smilie:
Maybe it was about a different programme.
Reply 361
I live in in London, I'm hoping they'll let me book a hotel....we'll see.

Why would you need to book a hotel anyway?
I have a place for the programme on the 10/11th august - is it worth going to?
Reply 363
Original post by Astronomical

When you found out, and when you sent off your app? Also, may I ask what your extracurricular/academics were (trying to estimate quality of sucessful apps)?

About its usefulness, depends on the opporutuntiy cost. If it is nothing monumental, then there's no harm in going. Also, is IB something you are seriously considering?
Reply 364

When did you find out?
Reply 365
I'm going too on the 10-11th August.
Reply 366
has anyone heard for the 17-18th?
Original post by twig
Why would you need to book a hotel anyway?

convenience and hotel sex.

Original post by Ross_D93
has anyone heard for the 17-18th?

I haven't heard back from JPM.I don't remember what dates I applied for....I don't even remember specifying a specific date....I should have paid more attention while submitting these apps.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 368
EC's: first XI hockey, combined cadet force, student council, etc.
I'm predicted an A* for A2-level maths, and A's for physics and chemistry AS-level.
IGCSEs: 5A* ( and 1 more in a GCSE), 4A's

I really want to go into IB after university, which is why I applied in the first place I suppose - not that I actually expected to be offered a place - as I though it would be a good experience. That said, it's expensive to get to London, and to pay for a hotel for 2 nights isn't cheap either. Would going give me some sort of edge for future applications to internships and whatnot?

I got an email a couple of hours ago from them, and applied some time in the Easter holidays I think, though I can't even remember really. It seems like a long time ago, that is for sure!

To be honest if you have pay for travel and accommodation yourself then it's possibly more expense then it's worth. Though I'm pretty sure it would help in future ib applications especially for the same bank as you get networking opportunities and an insight into how that particular bank works.
Original post by Ruadhan
To be honest if you have pay for travel and accommodation yourself then it's possibly more expense then it's worth. Though I'm pretty sure it would help in future ib applications especially for the same bank as you get networking opportunities and an insight into how that particular bank works.

I think it's definitely worth the costs, the programme offers a lot more than the other insight days. Experience on the trading floor is something none of the others offer and with it obviously being two days there will be a lot more going on. Plus, having a couple of days at JPM on your CV would be great in the future.

I have a feeling I read that they don't cover any costs unfortunately but I reckon if you book the right trains and a cheap hotel you could probably do it all for not much over £100, it's definitely worth it.
Reply 370
Original post by Competencies
I think it's definitely worth the costs, the programme offers a lot more than the other insight days. Experience on the trading floor is something none of the others offer and with it obviously being two days there will be a lot more going on. Plus, having a couple of days at JPM on your CV would be great in the future.

I have a feeling I read that they don't cover any costs unfortunately but I reckon if you book the right trains and a cheap hotel you could probably do it all for not much over £100, it's definitely worth it.

Well yeah you're probably right. I didn't apply for the Jp Morgan insight day because I only noticed it after the deadline. I've applied for the Rbs one though. I probably wouldn't do it if they didn't cover the costs though. Like I have to fly to get to London and they pay for that plus a four star hotel room which I have to say is actually pretty awesome.
I'd say the two days would be much better though. Double the experience and learning. Experience of the trading floor? What does that involve? For Rbs anyway they say we get a tour of the trading floor.
Original post by Ruadhan
Well yeah you're probably right. I didn't apply for the Jp Morgan insight day because I only noticed it after the deadline. I've applied for the Rbs one though. I probably wouldn't do it if they didn't cover the costs though. Like I have to fly to get to London and they pay for that plus a four star hotel room which I have to say is actually pretty awesome.
I'd say the two days would be much better though. Double the experience and learning. Experience of the trading floor? What does that involve? For Rbs anyway they say we get a tour of the trading floor.

Really? I didn't realise you got that on the RBS day. I was offered a place but it doesn't really suit but if you get on the trading floor I'll definitely try and be there.
Pretty impressive that they'll pay for a flight and a nice hotel just for an insight day, they must really like you :tongue:.

For JPM, it just says shadowing people on the trading floor, read into that how you like.
Reply 372
Original post by Ruadhan
Yeah it's actually amazing! They are paying for my flight from Dublin and an actually really nice hotel for the night before and that comes to a few hundred pounds like. What date are you doing?

20th July for RBS, very nice of them to offer a complete travel package for someone so far away, 4 star hotel and flights :P
I live in in London, I'm hoping they'll let me book a hotel....we'll see.

No they will not, they will give you train tickets though, flights are for people who really do need it, they give you train + hotel if you more than 3 hours away, less than 3hours by train they just give you trains :smile: I could only claim train tickets, even if i have to catch a 6.39am train to get into london on time, so you have no chance of a free hotel stay haha.
Just realised the JPM programme clashes with the MS day!

Why do they always do this :frown:
Reply 374
I got an offer for 10-11th August! Does anyone know how we accept the offer, or do we not have to?
Reply 375
Original post by 135790
I got an offer for 10-11th August! Does anyone know how we accept the offer, or do we not have to?

No we don't have to, you just go, they assume you're free. You decline by replying, accept by doing nothing. i'll see you there :smile:
haven't heard back yet , just sent them an email ? They sent me a reply earlier in the month saying they would reply shortly but nothing as yet.

any one got any advice ?

thanks
EC's: first XI hockey, combined cadet force, student council, etc.
I'm predicted an A* for A2-level maths, and A's for physics and chemistry AS-level.
IGCSEs: 5A* ( and 1 more in a GCSE), 4A's

I really want to go into IB after university, which is why I applied in the first place I suppose - not that I actually expected to be offered a place - as I though it would be a good experience. That said, it's expensive to get to London, and to pay for a hotel for 2 nights isn't cheap either. Would going give me some sort of edge for future applications to internships and whatnot?

I got an email a couple of hours ago from them, and applied some time in the Easter holidays I think, though I can't even remember really. It seems like a long time ago, that is for sure!

Do you think i will hear back today ? it seems that everyone is getting offers for the same day on different days haha ? !
Original post by oliver2011
Do you think i will hear back today ? it seems that everyone is getting offers for the same day on different days haha ? !

I honestly doubt we would get any offers on a sunday- but ive got my fingers crossed :biggrin:

good luck everyone who is still waiting.......
Original post by misterb123
I honestly doubt we would get any offers on a sunday- but ive got my fingers crossed :biggrin:

good luck everyone who is still waiting.......

Yeah seems a bit strange the way are doing it , only about 3 people have offers on the student room so maybe they are doing slowly and surely haha , some people got an offer today though and some people got an offer on friday ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending