The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cz100
Just survived the last D of E hike. Packing for work exp tomorrow.

I just finished my service section this morning (working in charity shop) :smile:
Where's the work experience at?
Reply 5321
Original post by cz100
Just survived the last D of E hike.

I salute you sir!
Reply 5322
Original post by Normandy114
I just finished my service section this morning (working in charity shop) :smile:
Where's the work experience at?

Surrey. I'm hoping my blister will have healed a bit more, currently can't stand on my right foot properly due to one the size of a 20p in the middle of the top :pinch:
Reply 5323
Original post by Beska
I salute you sir!

:smile:
We all thought we were doomed to fail after getting horribly lost on the first day and walking about an extra 6km
Just got back from the UEA open day... was standing next to someone in a demonstration, only to realise it was Michael Mosley from the BBC xD

(Thought I'd share that with you as I'm imagining med applicants are likely to have heard of him! :tongue:)
Reply 5325
Original post by Joseppea
Just got back from the UEA open day... was standing next to someone in a demonstration, only to realise it was Michael Mosley from the BBC xD

(Thought I'd share that with you as I'm imagining med applicants are likely to have heard of him! :tongue:)

:awesome:
for some reason I always thought he looks like a chef o_0
Original post by cz100
:awesome:
for some reason I always thought he looks like a chef o_0

I know what you mean, he reminds me of James Martin.
Reply 5327
Original post by cz100
Just survived the last D of E hike. Packing for work exp tomorrow.

Congrats!

Last time I did Bronze DoE, we ended up popping into the local pub for lunch.
Was pretty painful trek as you can see.
Reply 5328
Original post by GH
Congrats!

Last time I did Bronze DoE, we ended up popping into the local pub for lunch.
Was pretty painful trek as you can see.

We walked past a pub on the 3rd day and our minibus was parked outside it. No prizes for guessing where the teachers were having their lunch, whilst we sat on the grass outside with our dry bagels
Original post by Joseppea

:O lucky!!!
Original post by Crowned Temmy

I'm actually a reapplicant. My choices are: Keele, Leicester, Leeds, Bristol. I might take out Leeds for Barts and the London(If I get high UKCAT). Not having GCSEs reduced the number of unis I can choose from.:frown:.

Aww, what do you think let you down last year?
Yeah, I might replace one of my choices for Sheffield if I do really well in the UKCAT
Not having GCSEs? What do you mean?
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Aww, what do you think let you down last year?
Yeah, I might replace one of my choices for Sheffield if I do really well in the UKCAT
Not having GCSEs? What do you mean?

BMAT bad(just above average). My UKCAT score was average ( 612.5). My personal statement and reference was ok - scoring 9/10 and 10/10 according to Leicester respectively. I had good predicted grades:a*a*aa (maths, chemistry, physics and biology). I have lots of work experience and I've been in lots of societies (both as a member and the leader). However, I didn't do my high school in UK(I did it in Nigeria). I'm a home student though. I think UKCAT/BMAT and lack of GCSEs let me down. Last year, I applied to Kings, Leicester, UCL and Imperial. I've learnt from my mistakes though. Not choosing Kings, UCL and Imperial this time around. :smile:
Reply 5332
Which section of the UKCAT are you guys finding hardest? I'd say my hardest is VR, but timing is worst in QR!
Original post by liviaaa
Which section of the UKCAT are you guys finding hardest? I'd say my hardest is VR, but timing is worst in QR!

AR by a mile, though I've done **** all practise. Anyone got any good online revision material?
Reply 5334
.. do we get given a simple calculator in the ukcat?
Reply 5335
Original post by l.a.s
.. do we get given a simple calculator in the ukcat?

We just get an on screen calculator I think. :smile:
Reply 5336
Original post by Straight up G
AR by a mile, though I've done **** all practise. Anyone got any good online revision material?

I've practised AR and am getting better, it's just about thinking up before hand of the rules that could apply like, even/odd number of shapes, shading, number of edges etc..

When's your UKCAT?
Original post by liviaaa
We just get an on screen calculator I think. :smile:

I'd ssoooo rather have a real one though.. it'll take me just that bit longer to use an on screen one - and I dont have time to waste!
Reply 5338
Original post by spoinkytheduck
I'd ssoooo rather have a real one though.. it'll take me just that bit longer to use an on screen one - and I dont have time to waste!

Yes me too! I'm doing all my practise with an on screen one though, so hopefully it'll become more natural. I agree, the QR is my most time pressured section. :/
Reply 5339
Original post by liviaaa

VR is pretty good for me. QR is very easy for me, but the timings are a bit tight. DA is alright, timings are tight. AR is terrible, I managed to answer 35/65 on the practice test, and even then I only got 7 of them right. I want to cry.

Latest

Trending

Trending