The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm rather tired following a ball and subsequent (mild) food poisoning, but mentally OK. Thinking about looking at my life and making some decisions, and maybe one day writing a book about my experiences :smile:
Hey Christian Soc! :hi:

How have we been lately? :cookie:
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Hey Christian Soc! :hi:

How have we been lately? :cookie:

:hi:

See the post above yours :yep:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm rather tired following a ball and subsequent (mild) food poisoning, but mentally OK. Thinking about looking at my life and making some decisions, and maybe one day writing a book about my experiences :smile:

Food poisoning sucks :hugs:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Food poisoning sucks :hugs:

I'm OK today but yesterday I was ill and dehydrated and slept lots :nopity:
I'm OK today but yesterday I was ill and dehydrated and slept lots :nopity:

Awww not good fun :nah:
Awww not good fun :nah:

I made up for yesterday by going out with my sister today for lunch and having crispy aromatic duck and Singapore vermicelli noodles :yep:

I think I'm too tired for church this week :getmecoat: I'm already in my pyjamas :eek:
Because we were warned about false prophets, its in the bible
I made up for yesterday by going out with my sister today for lunch and having crispy aromatic duck and Singapore vermicelli noodles :yep:

I think I'm too tired for church this week :getmecoat: I'm already in my pyjamas :eek:

Yum duck!

Ha ha pj days are good fun!

Original post by 122025278
Because we were warned about false prophets, its in the bible

Is this in relation to something?
Yum duck!

Is this in relation to something?

Yes this thread funnily enough. Its why I don't accept and follow Islam. If I really thought that Mohammed was a prophet, how could I claim faith in God and reject his "messeger", as I currently am.
Original post by 122025278
Yes this thread funnily enough. Its why I don't accept and follow Islam. If I really thought that Mohammed was a prophet, how could I claim faith in God and reject his "messeger", as I currently am.

I'm confused. Are you sure you've posted in correct thread? This isn't a debate between Christians and Muslims :dontknow: or am I missing some crucial point?
I'm confused. Are you sure you've posted in correct thread? This isn't a debate between Christians and Muslims :dontknow: or am I missing some crucial point?

Oops. That explains the lack of negative rep
Yum duck!

I seem to have far too many of them :ninja: I somehow feel much safer in bed in pyjamas :o:

Has anyone ever come across anything by Lorna Byrne? http://www.lornabyrne.com/ I'm reading a little of her book, Stairway to Heaven and don't quite know what to make of it :smile:
What are people's favourite hymns? I never used to be able to stand them but I have developed a love and affection for quite a few. They just seem to have this timeless atmosphere about them, and express things so much better than so many modern songs.

Some of my favourites
How Great Thou Art
It is well with my soul (LOVING this presently)
Stricken Smitten and Afflicted
Come now fount of every blessing
I need thee evry hour
Blessed Assurance
Before the throne of God above (LOVE IT!)
When I survey the wondrous cross

As well as some more modern hymns like
In Christ Alone
How deep the Father's love
this the power of the cross
from the squalor of a borrowed stable
I love hymns! We used to do lots of singing in primary school, which was very good for my soul and made me very happy :biggrin:

My favourites are 'This is my Body' and 'Be Still'. Beautiful :smile:

'How Great Thou Art' is a well-sung one amongst Sri Lankans :yes:
I love hymns! We used to do lots of singing in primary school, which was very good for my soul and made me very happy :biggrin:

My favourites are 'This is my Body' and 'Be Still'. Beautiful :smile:

'How Great Thou Art' is a well-sung one amongst Sri Lankans :yes:

I had How Great Thou Art sung by a few of my best friends on the night of my baptism, such an amazing song for me.
Especially the verse which goes "And when I think that God His son not sparing sent Him to die, I scare can take it in."
Reply 5176
Original post by mevidek
Hey my fellow Christians, how are we all today?

I'm pretty good thanks - a lot better than I was the other day when I was on here moaning! Went to a lovely Taize service at church this evening, which has got me very excited for heading out there in a couple of weeks, and also relaxed me a lot. Of course, once the effect of that wears off, no doubt I'll go back to pointlessly worrying about things, but for now, I'm great, thanks. Yourself?
Reply 5177
Original post by JB Johnstone
What are people's favourite hymns? I never used to be able to stand them but I have developed a love and affection for quite a few. They just seem to have this timeless atmosphere about them, and express things so much better than so many modern songs.

Some of my favourites
How Great Thou Art
It is well with my soul (LOVING this presently)
Stricken Smitten and Afflicted
Come now fount of every blessing
I need thee evry hour
Blessed Assurance
Before the throne of God above (LOVE IT!)
When I survey the wondrous cross

As well as some more modern hymns like
In Christ Alone
How deep the Father's love
this the power of the cross
from the squalor of a borrowed stable

I have so many!
How Great Thou Art is incredible. Thine be the glory is definitely up there. I love Be Still for the presence of the Lord as well. I the Lord of Sea and Sky is an all-time favourite. 'I cannot tell' is beautiful.
I'll probably think of more soon!
Original post by d123
I have so many!
How Great Thou Art is incredible. Thine be the glory is definitely up there. I love Be Still for the presence of the Lord as well. I the Lord of Sea and Sky is an all-time favourite. 'I cannot tell' is beautiful.
I'll probably think of more soon!

OMG I forgot 'I the Lord of Sea and Sky' :colondollar: Great tune :yes:

I also forgot 'Shine Jesus Shine' :biggrin:
Reply 5179
OMG I forgot 'I the Lord of Sea and Sky' :colondollar: Great tune :yes:

I also forgot 'Shine Jesus Shine' :biggrin:

I had 'I the Lord of Sea and Sky' at my confirmation, it was lovely.

Latest

Trending

Trending