The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anyone_can_fly
Okay, who named it "the Bible"? :dry:

Haha brilliant! There are so many though :s-smilie: Kinda scary. Also, the PPE section is huge!
Original post by such_a_lady
Ooh Julie did you see the pictures I put up? :smile: Had you in mind!

OOH NO I DIDN'T! *runs to see*

By the way, we're nearly beating Cambridge! We are so awesome. :wink:
:woo: Yay! Just finished my first/second draft of my PS. I don't know which to count it as. My previous draft was complete drivel, so this may as well be my first draft.
I'm drafting mine in Google docs (makes it easy to work on both at home and at college).

(By the way, is there some way someone could add it to the first post so everyone can see it?)
You'll probably have to ask Michael to edit his first post :smile:
Alternatively you could ask a moderator to remove the list there, and replace it with a link to the spreadsheet.
Original post by punctuation
OOH NO I DIDN'T! *runs to see*

By the way, we're nearly beating Cambridge! We are so awesome. :wink:

Indeed we are. So yeah, Julie, is there anything in particular you'd like us to get hold of or photograph or ask for you? Sven's going to the Science talks and I'm going to the Arts talks, and I'm sure he won't mind acting on your behalf :tongue: You're so eager, I'd hate for you to miss anything! We get to talk to the tutors and stuff, so...
Indeed we are. So yeah, Julie, is there anything in particular you'd like us to get hold of or photograph or ask for you? Sven's going to the Science talks and I'm going to the Arts talks, and I'm sure he won't mind acting on your behalf :tongue: You're so eager, I'd hate for you to miss anything! We get to talk to the tutors and stuff, so...

Thanks for all the photos! :biggrin: They're so pretty.

No, it's fine. Nothing in particular. ^^ Just enjoy yourselves :tongue:
Thanks for all the photos! :biggrin: They're so pretty.

No, it's fine. Nothing in particular. ^^ Just enjoy yourselves :tongue:

I'm sure we will :wink: oh WAIT. It'll be raining. :sad:

D: Here's hoping the weather changes then.

I think I jinx universities. I visited St Andrews and it rained all day. I visited UCL and it was bucketing down. I'm like an academic rain god. :sad:
32! :eek: That's amazing. I actually did some preparation (which will make my score even more embarrassing), so I knew it would be a bit insane. I managed to not give up halfway through :proud:. We had to switch rooms every hour and find a new spare classroom, which was a bit off-putting. I also got freaked out because I solved/thought I'd solved the hardest question, really easily. I think I must have made a massive mistake on that. The other girl doing it from my school thinks she got 0, in which case I may get the chance to be semi-smug.

We had the fire alarm go off in the middle of the Senior Maths Challenge. Inevitably, we all started discussing it, and the common theme was that nobody could do question 1 :lol:

Original post by nightmare91
Yes! I even got his jersey!! :biggrin: but he's gone now... so sad

Haha everyone here loves him because he scored an insane amount of goals for Manchester United when we were young

Haha wow I'll avoid that JCR then. :tongue: Cool! Yes I am applying as an international.

Original post by thehaberprocess
You mean the college or the subject? Well, I think I wanted a big college and I've visited oxford before. The others don't seem to grab me. BTW the Balliol JCR is a ****hole. As for the subject, I LOVE chemistry. It's pretty much the only thing I can do without making reckless mistakes. I noticed that your location is Canada. Are you applying as an international? :smile:

yeah I remember it having a low ceiling for some reason
I think I jinx universities. I visited St Andrews and it rained all day. I visited UCL and it was bucketing down. I'm like an academic rain god. :sad:

So I'm going to hope that it only starts raining when you arrive in Oxford :tongue: doubt it, though. Let me check.

Ooh, seems to have improved, instead of 60% chance rain it's 40%, and it'll only be a shower, hopefully. Is 23kmph wind a lot? I hate wind and rain together :frown: I'm wearing a pretty dress as well...

OH MY GOSH WHAT WAS ST. ANDREW'S LIKE?!!?!?!? I really want to go there!! It's 8.5 hours away so I'm not visiting :sad:
In Southampton our binmen are currently on strike and there's rubbish piled up all over the place. I wonder if that's going to put anybody off when they come for the University of Southampton opendays this week :tongue:

It rained, very heavily at one point, when I went to Oxford for the CS open day in May. Didn't spoil the day at all though!
(edited 12 years ago)
we are now officially tied with the cambridge thread

Now we are - 2198 each, with us due to cement our lead soon
Reply 2193

Well. For non-British people who love clichés like myself even knowing that those are untrue, this will make the experience much more British :biggrin:
I know it doesn't rain that much in England. When I went last time I stayed for nearly two weeks and it rained a single time while in Germany it was pouring all the time (or so I was told)

IT WAS MY POST THAT MADE US BEAT CAMBRIDGE THEN?!?!? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(Julie, are you gonna give me another award for this?)
x

Made me giggle so much.

And we're now officially in the lead :biggrin:
Original post by MeeMee
Well. For non-British people who love clichés like myself even knowing that those are untrue, this will make the experience much more British :biggrin:
I know it doesn't rain that much in England. When I went last time I stayed for nearly two weeks and it rained a single time while in Germany it was pouring all the time (or so I was told)

IT WAS MY POST THAT MADE US BEAT CAMBRIDGE THEN?!?!? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hmm well that isn't much of a consolation for me who has to put up with this weather all the time :frown: I wonder what the other Germans think.

Yes, it does rain a lot. Believe me, it does. You were clearly lucky. :frown:

Wooo, page 111 :biggrin:
Original post by MeeMee

YOU GET ALL THE AWARDS! Here I'll make you one. brb.

I keep forgetting where you hail from! DO TELL ME.
btw do the people on the cambridge thread ever talk about us? :biggrin:
Reply 2199
YOU GET ALL THE AWARDS! Here I'll make you one. brb.

I keep forgetting where you hail from! DO TELL ME.

I'm German and I live in Germany but since I used to live in the States I like to tell people I'm American. No particular reason though. But Americans can't tell I'm not when I talk to them (once a guy mistook my accent for a Michigan one which really confused me because that's not even close to where I used to live).

And yay for awards :smile: I should write about those in my PS. wonder what they'd do with that...

Latest

Trending

Trending