The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by punctuation
Ah yes but closer/perhaps more easily accessible to England than Canada is to England.

I would have to disagree with you there, China is a absolute trek from England, while Canada isn't all that far
Original post by nightmare91
btw do the people on the cambridge thread ever talk about us? :biggrin:

Nein, they only ever talk about education related stuff
Original post by nightmare91
btw do the people on the cambridge thread ever talk about us? :biggrin:

Probably not. :K: They're apathetic like that.

We're cool. :cool:

Original post by MeeMee
I'm German and I live in Germany but since I used to live in the States I like to tell people I'm American. No particular reason though. But Americans can't tell I'm not when I talk to them (once a guy mistook my accent for a Michigan one which really confused me because that's not even close to where I used to live).

And yay for awards :smile: I should write about those in my PS. wonder what they'd do with that...

Ahhh I see. Good to know!

Here you are...

Now I'll make ribbons for all of us! :biggrin: Yay we're so egotistical !
Original post by dnumberwang

that just proves how boring they are and how awesome we are :wink:
Original post by dnumberwang

You're slowly becoming German too :tongue:
Original post by such_a_lady
You're slowly becoming German too :tongue:

what can i say, I am putting my A* in German GCSE to good use

WHOOOOOOOO :woo:

ETA: Now to get a Classics applicant to make us a snazzy motto in Latin... :biggrin: *wink wink nudge nudge*
(edited 12 years ago)
I feel ashamed because of my lack of knowledge of German :getmecoat:

ETA: Now to get a Classics applicant to make us a snazzy motto in Latin... :biggrin: *wink wink nudge nudge*

What kind of thing were you looking for? :holmes:

How....?

(Veni, Posti, Vici :tongue:)
Original post by medbh4805
What kind of thing were you looking for? :holmes:

Hmm... :beard: I have no idea... suggestions, anyone?

(Veni, Posti, Vici :tongue:)

:lol:

wooo page eleventy-one. :dance:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hmm... :beard: I have no idea... suggestions, anyone?

wooo page eleventy-one. :dance:

How about "oxonians rule because we're friendly"- it's boring but would sound cool in Latin. Hey, medh, you should make one in Gaelic to confuse the Cambridge lot :tongue: MeeMee, you should come up with something cool in German :wink:
So I'm going to hope that it only starts raining when you arrive in Oxford :tongue: doubt it, though. Let me check.

Ooh, seems to have improved, instead of 60% chance rain it's 40%, and it'll only be a shower, hopefully. Is 23kmph wind a lot? I hate wind and rain together :frown: I'm wearing a pretty dress as well...

OH MY GOSH WHAT WAS ST. ANDREW'S LIKE?!!?!?!? I really want to go there!! It's 8.5 hours away so I'm not visiting :sad:

23 isn't ahh-the-trees-are-falling-down, more nooo-my-hood-won't-stay-up. You may want to rethink your pretty dress, though.

Fingers crossed for not too much rain!

St Andrews is nice. It's very pretty (which I know you care a lot about :biggrin:), it's old, it's got lots of weird traditions. Lots of student societies and a view of the sea. The halls seemed pretty average, nothing special. The downside is that it's tiny. It has three streets. If you're into clubbing, the nearest place is Dundee. And Dundee isn't that exciting either. Edinburgh is two hours away, no matter what it looks like on a map. As for the Other City, it's even further, not that you'd want to go there. One big difference about Scottish unis is the modular system, where you'd have to take a third subject in fist and second year. That could be an advantage or a disadvantage. St Andrews also has a lot of rahs.

Summary: tiny Oxford with worse weather and less marvelous maths/lovely languages.
How about "oxonians rule because we're friendly"- it's boring but would sound cool in Latin. Hey, medh, you should make one in Gaelic to confuse the Cambridge lot :tongue: MeeMee, you should come up with something cool in German :wink:

Hahahahaha... this is why we won - because we are very clever. :wink: We should put the new motto in our sigs and everything. :biggrin:

See this thread is so much more fun than boring Cambridge with their relevant discussion about academics. :^_^:
what are the best colleges to apply for?
Oh and WE DID IT!!!!

I never thought this day would come. Success is beautiful.

x

x

Wish it would let me rep you two, I laughed so much reading the last page.

Now off to see if the Cam thread notice. :ninja:
Reply 2216
thanks for the award, Julie, I appreciate it. It even has my usernaaame on it (which is a nickname given to me at a random point of my life, and i feel like it isn't to hard to guess my real name then is it?)

And I doubt I'll come up with something cool in German at 11:30 pm because I think I'm gonna go to sleep now and also German just doesn't sound as cool. All I can come up with is Oxons for the win, but I feel like that's English.... Oh well.
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Summary: tiny Oxford with worse weather and less marvelous maths/lovely languages.

Pssht, I'll be inside for most of the day :tongue: I'm sure I'll be fine...I hope... And it's kind of imperative that I wear a pretty dress because I want to look absolutely stunning ahem

Well, I'm not much into clubbing anyway, so... And the course sounds great, and it means I can pick up Russian or Italian or something :biggrin: exciting! Thanks for the info :smile:
Hahahahaha... this is why we won - because we are very clever. :wink: We should put the new motto in our sigs and everything. :biggrin:

See this thread is so much more fun than boring Cambridge with their relevant discussion about academics. :^_^:

Won? Pretty sure the race is still on, it's not over until the threads are closed :wink: And that's 382 pages away!

Don't think anyone in the Cambridge thread has noticed. Or they're above such silliness :p:
Original post by James4821
what are the best colleges to apply for?

Well, it really depends. There's nothing really subjectively 'the best' - though if you're looking for academic success Magdalen, Corpus Christi, etc. are at the top of the Norrington Tables.

Original post by anyone_can_fly
Now off to see if the Cam thread notice. :ninja:

Doubt it. :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending