The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kinkerz
Year two completed with no resits. Summer with no further exam strains...

yes my son.
Reply 4441
Original post by visesh
Word had is that the spread of scores was pretty huge. The lowest scores were by far the lowest seen since the new course started, and the highest pretty damned high. The SEQ and EMQ seemed to do the most damage overall (and to be fair, there were some pretty nasty, esoteric questions in each.)

Public health man ... killed a lot of people in this year's exams.

I just don't think they taught us half the stuff we were suppsoed to know.

Definitely more stressful than necessary.
Original post by Smile88egc
You betcha, Torbaydos all the way!

Haha!

It is pretty and near the sea so :smile:!

Have fun at graduation and at the Grad Ball, you will probably be teaching us in a few years time if your still in the riviera lol
Reply 4443
I think the general problem with pimms is that whilst realllly great generally is that you drink it like a soft drink and it doesn't "feel" like alcohol so you can drink it all day with no internal god-I'm-a-bit-of-an-alchy related guilt. pimms o'clock has so far lasted 3 hours.

edit: although as it contains fruit - potentially counts as 1 of your 5 a day?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lekky
I think the general problem with pimms is that whilst realllly great generally is that you drink it like a soft drink and it doesn't "feel" like alcohol so you can drink it all day with no internal god-I'm-a-bit-of-an-alchy related guilt. pimms o'clock has so far lasted 3 hours.

edit: although as it contains fruit - potentially counts as 1 of your 5 a day?

I drink cider like a soft drink. I always end up wasted :P

The five a day reminded me of this:

Never have I been prouder to be Welsh.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RollerBall

All the Welshies I know are in a perpetual state of total and complete proudness. It's endearing.
Reply 4446
Original post by RollerBall
I drink cider like a soft drink. I always end up wasted :P

The five a day reminded me of this:

ha.hahahaa. actual shock atm. HE JUST DOWNED 2 BOTTLES OF WINE!

going to start practicing that party trick little beaut asap.

you know how when youre reading something you kind of hear it in your head (okay bare with me, most people I say that to conclude psychosis)... wlell now whenever I read your posts I'm going to be hearing it in my head in welsh.

Nevahh have I been prowwdah to be weeellsh.*

*I actually adore the welsh accent.
(edited 12 years ago)
They closed the thread after I made a well researched point back with statistical data :frown:
Original post by lekky
ha.hahahaa. actual shock atm. HE JUST DOWNED 2 BOTTLES OF WINE!

going to start practicing that party trick little beaut asap.

you know how when youre reading something you kind of hear it in your head (okay bare with me, most people I say that to conclude psychosis)... wlell now whenever I read your posts I'm going to be hearing it in my head in welsh.

Nevahh have I been prowwdah to be weeellsh.*

*I actually adore the welsh accent.

My welsh accent is very strong at all :frown:. I'm originally from the Valleys (Merthyr) but I escaped to a nicer area when I was 9 and my accent disappeared :frown:.

Also, lol @ the way your posts change when you've drank a bit.
2nd year is over. Freeeeeeeedom.

:hoppy:

Oh wait, mandatory formative progress test on Tuesday. :colonhash:
Is it odd that I feel like doing prep work for year 3 so I don't look like a complete fool in clinics :sigh:?
Original post by Isometrix
Is it odd that I feel like doing prep work for year 3 so I don't look like a complete fool in clinics :sigh:?

I plan to do some :dontknow:
Reply 4452
Original post by Isometrix

Not odd at all, pretty sensible really. I guess knowing the standard examinations and how to take a full history would make life much easier :borat:
Reply 4453
Evenin'! *waves* I had the random thought of checking back into this forum (I'd forgotten my password and all...never got to use it much really) as Paediatrics exam revision was killing my soul. Darn snotty things. :P

Less than a month to go until Summer break...hmm *huffs and puffs* (not sure how it works in the UK as I'm studying abroad!).

And what was this about, erm, refreshing drinks... :redface:
Evening all- I haven't been here in weeks. :frown: Working full time sucks majorly.
One week left of placement, and I never have to do gastro again. Ever. (Barring inevitable questions in finals). It feels weird knowing that I currently know everything I will ever know about a topic (and that amount is worryingly small).
Original post by Becca-Sarah
One week left of placement, and I never have to do gastro again. Ever. (Barring inevitable questions in finals). It feels weird knowing that I currently know everything I will ever know about a topic (and that amount is worryingly small).

You might have to do a foundation job in it though?
Original post by Helenia
You might have to do a foundation job in it though?

That's a very worrying thought. Though I guess the thought of having to do a foundation job at all sounds kinda scary at this point in time. At least I have three years before I get inflicted on any unsuspecting patients for real.
Reply 4458
got to decide if I want to move from 1995 pension section to 2008 pension section. currently trying to figure out what all this means. Anyone know anything?

its all really confusing. NHS website vair unhelpful.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lekky
got to decide if I want to move from 1995 pension section to 2008 pension section. currently trying to figure out what all this means. Anyone know anything?

I'm far too young and pretty for pensions.

Latest

Trending

Trending