The Student Room Group

XYZ's log

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Michael XYZ
Yes if I did them fresh I could do something that like (how many reps did you do with 20kg?).

However, I'm shortening my rest periods quite a lot. Before I'd rest pretty much any amount whereas now I keep rest intervals at 1 minute.

I can do 3x8 with a 20kg dumbell inbetween my legs.
Reply 101
Will edit for workout in a few hours. Decided to weigh myself and I'm at 84.3kg. I'm trying to cut and last time I checked I was like 87/88kg but this wasn't in the morning before breakfast so I guess it's a little void.
Reply 102
Holy shi that was some decent bulking you did, fat or not. 89! I seem to be hovering around 80 and not getting heavier, yet I am tending to look fatter by the month lol. Maybe my scales are broken. Brb about to find out I actually weigh 90kg in pure fat
Reply 103
well you need to be eating rite to bulk you cant just go to the gym and expect results .
Reply 104
I know. Considering I started from 63kg. Thing is, that's pretty skinny but you'd think I was SO MUCH skinnier if you looked at me. It's just the legs man. Weird genetics from my parents but they have always been pretty big so added a lot of weight even though you couldn't really see it.

Anyway.

Bench - 70kg
1x10
1x8
1x6
1x5
2x4
1x3

Dips - BW
1x10
1x7
1x3

Pushdowns
? x ? x ?

Dips went decent which was odd, especially the first set. Meh, I'm not complaining! Next workout, probably, I'm gonna be adding DB shoulder press and skullcrushers to the mix.
Reply 105
Skullcrushers :love:
Reply 106
Original post by Adidas90
Skullcrushers :love:

why!? I can't stand them, i just feel like it is a very strange and Awkward exercise. Close grip BP and weighted dips is whur its at.
Reply 107
Original post by Binkles
why!? I can't stand them, i just feel like it is a very strange and Awkward exercise. Close grip BP and weighted dips is whur its at.

Since doing them my bench went up like 10kg and my tris actually look ever so slightly like they are useful lol. Used to dip but it just hurts my shoulders. Never tried cgbp..yet.
Since doing them my bench went up like 10kg and my tris actually look ever so slightly like they are useful lol. Used to dip but it just hurts my shoulders. Never tried cgbp..yet.

Superset skull-crushers with close-grip bench (just with the bar you're using), that has brought my triceps out more and helped with other presses.

I just do 10-12 reps and then bring it down and do a set of 10 CGBP.
Reply 109
Yesterday's workout:

Pull-Ups - BW
1x9
1x3 (a lot wider)

Chin-Ups - BW
1x5
1x4

T-Bar Pull-Up - BW
1x5

Wide Cable Row - 30
1x15

T-Bar Cable Row - 40
1x20

Pendlay Row - 60kg
2x8

EZ-bar Curl - 26kg
1x10
1x8

Hammer Curl - 10kg
1x7
2x5
1x4

Decent session. Pull-ups were a bit odd though. One of my calluses was hurting real bad so it made it hard for the other sets. Decided to do a wider grip as I felt it was easier on my hands for some reason.
Reply 110
Worst ****ing session ever.

Tried rack pulls with 160kg - no way. 150kg - no way. 140kg - no way. I did 10 reps last time so this was very odd. Then I realise the bar was the ****test one so changed it.

Tried again. 160kg - no way. 150kg - 3 reps. Lol? My grip was so ****ing pathetic I honestly felt like a 3 year old girl had a better grip.

Then I tried deficit deadlifts with 110kg. Got like 6 reps and my grip was dead. WHAT THE ****?!

I'm gonna buy straps and see what happens. I'm just in shock. Cut the session very short and left I was so pissed off. How can I get 10 reps last week and only 3 reps today? How has my grip gotten so ****?
Worst ****ing session ever.

Tried rack pulls with 160kg - no way. 150kg - no way. 140kg - no way. I did 10 reps last time so this was very odd. Then I realise the bar was the ****test one so changed it.

Tried again. 160kg - no way. 150kg - 3 reps. Lol? My grip was so ****ing pathetic I honestly felt like a 3 year old girl had a better grip.

Then I tried deficit deadlifts with 110kg. Got like 6 reps and my grip was dead. WHAT THE ****?!

I'm gonna buy straps and see what happens. I'm just in shock. Cut the session very short and left I was so pissed off. How can I get 10 reps last week and only 3 reps today? How has my grip gotten so ****?

You know.. one of my worst session so far was yesterday.. I didn't even bother writing down log for it... worst day ever.. I always look forward to days when I work on my back,etc but it all went down the drain yesterday although I did feel sleepy before workout.
I spent like 45mins-one hour hardly made a decent set of deadlifts... squats on the other hand ****ed my vertebrae...

Perhaps you didn't sleep much ?
Reply 112
It was just my grip to be honest.

Not sure how I managed more last time but possibly a better bar (all of them are slightly different) with more grip. Either way, I'm gonna buy some straps I think and hope it helps enough.
Reply 113
Straps fixed my grip, but i still do all warm ups without then some holds afterwards.
Reply 114
I know. Considering I started from 63kg. Thing is, that's pretty skinny but you'd think I was SO MUCH skinnier if you looked at me. It's just the legs man. Weird genetics from my parents but they have always been pretty big so added a lot of weight even though you couldn't really see it.

Anyway.

Bench - 70kg
1x10
1x8
1x6
1x5
2x4
1x3

Dips - BW
1x10
1x7
1x3

Pushdowns
? x ? x ?

Dips went decent which was odd, especially the first set. Meh, I'm not complaining! Next workout, probably, I'm gonna be adding DB shoulder press and skullcrushers to the mix.

Nice one mate. you know your bench, does someone spot you or is that all yourself with proper form?
Reply 115
Original post by Gowrav
Nice one mate. you know your bench, does someone spot you or is that all yourself with proper form?

No spotter.

Which means sometimes I may have even got 1 rep more but it was too risky.
Reply 116
Spotter will probs help you get more weight shifted or more reps. I think it's a huge waste of energy unracking the weight yourself and its not at the best angle either (behind your head) so that wastes energy getting it unracked
Reply 117
No spotter.

Which means sometimes I may have even got 1 rep more but it was too risky.

Thats impressive dude. Get a spotter though, it'll make life easier for you and well see results more quickly :smile:
Reply 118
Spotter will probs help you get more weight shifted or more reps. I think it's a huge waste of energy unracking the weight yourself and its not at the best angle either (behind your head) so that wastes energy getting it unracked

Yes but you know how it is...

I'll be doing quick till like the third rep and even though I can get 10 myself they'll start helping a little for each one.

------

Bench - 75kg
1x10
1x7
3x4
1x3

Dips - BW
2x10
1x6
1x5

Pretty good. Really happy with 10 reps for 75kg.

I thought it would be this time but next workout definitely gonna be adding in skull crushers and DB shoulder press. I did **** around with some shoulder presses to see what sort of weight I can do. Verdict - quite low and pathetic as my pressing is dead from bench and dips.
Reply 119

It depends how good the spotter is - there is nothing worse than a spotter who just dumps the bar in the most awkward place - unracking it yourself allows you to get it in the best position - it also means you're not 'shocked' by the weight when it comes down. A good spotter will emulate that -but i don't trust many people so i'd just do it myself :P

Quick Reply

Latest