The Student Room Group

Is it inevitable that Britain or the US will get attacked in the near future?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
The thing is, Chinese-Russian relations are constantly getting stronger and they've warned the USA and UK to stop meddling into affairs in the middle east. There is only so much people will take before snapping and retaliating. How do we know Russia and China are not secretly strengthening their military to a launch an attack in the future? We don't. People think they know but they really don't. There are a lot of things kept out of the public domain by all governments, given that the Russian government is notoriously corrupt, it wouldn't surprise me.

God you sound paranoid haha
Original post by mad-marek
God you sound paranoid haha

I'm not paranoid, it's just an interesting topic. I'm not scared, there is no need to be, if someone decides to get the nukes out then there's nothing I can do about it, so no reason for paranoia. :tongue:
Military, they are nothing special, The rest of the world would DICK on them. No, their real power is in resources.

I just cannot believe your comment. Nothing special?! They have the most nucluer warheads in the world, they have the largest submarines in the world (the Thypoon), they have one of the most elite special forces (spetznaz).
The only reason Russia is so underrated is because they do not active get involved with other countries like the USA and UK does after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Original post by Scarface-Don
I just cannot believe your comment. Nothing special?! They have the most nucluer warheads in the world, they have the largest submarines in the world (the Thypoon), they have one of the most elite special forces (spetznaz).
The only reason Russia is so underrated is because they do not active get involved with other countries like the USA and UK does after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Nothing special because they cant use those nuclear weapons unless they want to kill us all...
Honestly i would love to see Russia, China, Iran and Pakistan put US/UK/India in there places. I cant stand the americans meddling with other countries affairs and trying to be the judge its bloody ridiculous. I guess its only a matter of time.

Also Israel is just getting out of control they kill who they like and nothing is said whats the deal with them they day in day out kill palestinians and nothing is being done.
Nothing special because they cant use those nuclear weapons unless they want to kill us all...

Ok in that case suggest to me what makes the USA or UK military greater than that of the Russians.
Ok in that case suggest to me what makes the USA or UK military greater than that of the Russians.

Did I say they were? hahaha
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
Honestly i would love to see Russia, China, Iran and Pakistan put US/UK/India in there places. I cant stand the americans meddling with other countries affairs and trying to be the judge its bloody ridiculous. I guess its only a matter of time.

Also Israel is just getting out of control they kill who they like and nothing is said whats the deal with them they day in day out kill palestinians and nothing is being done.

But why India? India is not on the side of the West, but Pakistan is. Remember the UK created Pakistan. It is only due to the UK that Pakistan has warheads. India has not been miggling with other countries like Pakistan has been doing to innocent countries like Afghanistan since its existance.
I laughed when you said "US/UK vs the world and US/UK would win". You are so wrong but nice try.

China/Russia would quite easily demolish both states within months. You simply can't comprehend the amount of debt america is in, every week they spend in afghanistan they are having to fork out $2 billion dollars. If you have a look a Libya the US didnt have the financial assets to send troops to Libya and all they did was let the Europe handle it.

& also it is was once said that Russia had enough nuclear weapons to change the face of the earth.

it is also fact that the c. 200 nukes britain has could destroy the world....so whether russia has 200, or 20000000, it makes little difference...

likewise....why would the american debt affect anything....I'm gonna let you in on a little secret here...that debt...its just a number....and if the US went to war with china/russia....there is not one thing on this planet that could stop the US from simply stopping repayments....and because the entire nation would get behind the war effort....it wouldn't matter how much debt they are in.....

and how could two nations, admittedly huge, but with poor training and outdated weaponry and tech defeat the most technologically advanced nations, all of whom WILL have secret stuff they don't tell us about.

likewise, any of the newer stuff those countries use will probably be US/UK made...and so I wouldn't be suprised if they contained remote kill switches....

and the simple act of placing an embargo on them would grind their economies to a halt and so they couldn't wage a proper war and would have to watch as they got raped
Did I say they were? hahaha

My point exactly.
Original post by infernalcradle
it is also fact that the c. 200 nukes britain has could destroy the world....so whether russia has 200, or 20000000, it makes little difference...

likewise....why would the american debt affect anything....I'm gonna let you in on a little secret here...that debt...its just a number....and if the US went to war with china/russia....there is not one thing on this planet that could stop the US from simply stopping repayments....and because the entire nation would get behind the war effort....it wouldn't matter how much debt they are in.....

and how could two nations, admittedly huge, but with poor training and outdated weaponry and tech defeat the most technologically advanced nations, all of whom WILL have secret stuff they don't tell us about.

likewise, any of the newer stuff those countries use will probably be US/UK made...and so I wouldn't be suprised if they contained remote kill switches....

and the simple act of placing an embargo on them would grind their economies to a halt and so they couldn't wage a proper war and would have to watch as they got raped

You seem to underestimate the advances in technology in China and Russia. Remember that the Russians have a space program, so it would not be hard to have so sort of other advanced military program. And im pretty sure that China/Russia have some ''secret stuff'' as well that the UK/USA do not know about.

what makes you think that will stop them from launching an attack? Many have killed themselves to kill the enemy, or what they deem the enemy, in the process.

The Russians won't bottle anything, they'll do as they say. If they died whilst taking out the USA, Mainland Europe and the UK in the process they would see that as a victory. They would die knowing it was their first attack that ended theworld and shut the mouths of meddling USA/UK/EU politicians. Some people just don't fear death.
But why India? India is not on the side of the West, but Pakistan is. Remember the UK created Pakistan. It is only due to the UK that Pakistan has warheads. India has not been miggling with other countries like Pakistan has been doing to innocent countries like Afghanistan since its existance.

The one you dont understand about pakistan is there are 2 parts the military point of view and then the political.

The politicians are corrupt you cant blame a whole country for one bastard president who resents his own country for billions of dollars his takes from the us/uk to do what they say.

The military are in control of Pakistans nukes if it were the politicians that were in charge of Pakistani nukes then they would of given them up and Pakistan would be in a whole load of **** and would of turned out like Afghanistan.

Your last question shocked me Pakistan hasnt done anything to Afghanistan.

Simple answer to your Unsimple question. The UK dosent have the balls to fire nukes, its not as easy as by pressing a big red button. Also the UK buys its nukes of the shelves rather then manafacture them its pretty sad dont you think for a country that has 200 warheads yet non are actually made by them.
The one you dont understand about pakistan is there are 2 parts the military point of view and then the political.

The politicians are corrupt you cant blame a whole country for one bastard president who resents his own country for billions of dollars his takes from the us/uk to do what they say.

The military are in control of Pakistans nukes if it were the politicians that were in charge of Pakistani nukes then they would of given them up and Pakistan would be in a whole load of **** and would of turned out like Afghanistan.

Your last question shocked me Pakistan hasnt done anything to Afghanistan.

The military commanders are as bad as the politicians. How can the most wanted men on earth that was responsible for killing innocent people around the Middle East due to his brainless actions be caught right next to one the top military academies? And Pakistan has done plenty to Afghanistan. They are the ones that initially formed and installed the Taliban government after the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan.
Simple answer to your Unsimple question. The UK dosent have the balls to fire nukes, its not as easy as by pressing a big red button. Also the UK buys its nukes of the shelves rather then manafacture them its pretty sad dont you think for a country that has 200 warheads yet non are actually made by them.

you seem to be missing the point of the discussion though....

I only mentioned nukes to show you how any nation with them can destroy the world and so the amount of you have is irrelevant....

this thread is exploring what would happen if UK/US vs. Russia/China....WITHOUT NUKES!!!

nd in all honesty...I would've much rather had the UK also buy a helluva lot of its military kit "off the shelf" rather than spending billions on overpriced, overbudget and overtime projects which are crap
(edited 12 years ago)
you seem to be missing the point of the discussion though....

I only mentioned nukes to show you how any nation with them can destroy the world and so the amount of you have is irrelevant....

this thread is exploring what would happen if UK/US vs. Russia/China....WITHOUT NUKES!!!

I doubt countries as big as China, Russia and the US would go to war without using warheads.
Reply 137
I doubt countries as big as China, Russia and the US would go to war without using warheads.

They would by Proxy though.
The military commanders are as bad as the politicians. How can the most wanted men on earth that was responsible for killing innocent people around the Middle East due to his brainless actions be caught right next to one the top military academies? And Pakistan has done plenty to Afghanistan. They are the ones that initially formed and installed the Taliban government after the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Wrong..The Taliban were funded and trained by the US to defect the Soviets from Afghanistan as you stated. Bin laden was trained by the CIA there are several leaked documents showing that his so called "CODE NAME" was infact Tim Laden.
Germany would side with Russia? Most retarded thing i've heard in a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending