The Student Room Group

Is it inevitable that Britain or the US will get attacked in the near future?

Scroll to see replies

Nobody is going to attack a nuclear power. End of discussion.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by loki276
yeah you also seem to forger Germany is part of NATO and the EU

NATO means nothing. If global warfare broke out, countries would side with those doing their country favours to look after number one.
Truth be told if anyone decided to attack the US ,the UK ,Russia,China the world would be completely decimated.

Even if just Britain got attacked by say another European country the whole of Europe would be destroyed by the end of it, purely because of our nuclear power we have, and also france's would probably do our country in too.

So no I think unless there is a dictator thats completely crazy no one's gonna dare to attack either of our nations head on. But then again I guess the possibility of a crazy dictator is quite high.
Reply 163
Original post by Organ
Are you an idiot? It isn't a question of not having the military capability. If the US wanted they could be in Tripoli within the week - it's a case of removing Gadaffi within the confines of a UN mandate, they aren't fighting an all out war with Libya.

Haha you make me laugh...like they care what UN mandate says.
Original post by Swimmer

Your point is idiotic. It's simply impossible to defeat a country the size of Libya with only aircraft, unless you want to openly carpet bomb entire cities.
Reply 165
Original post by Swimmer

If the United States wanted to, it could remove Gadaffi within the week.
Original post by indiemusicftw
Truth be told if anyone decided to attack the US ,the UK ,Russia,China the world would be completely decimated.

Even if just Britain got attacked by say another European country the whole of Europe would be destroyed by the end of it, purely because of our nuclear power we have, and also france's would probably do our country in too.

So no I think unless there is a dictator thats completely crazy no one's gonna dare to attack either of our nations head on. But then again I guess the possibility of a crazy dictator is quite high.

The thing is, Russia is run by a very corrupt government. Who is saying they have to use their nukes? The thing is, Russia could launch an air raid on the UK and kill millions and millions because of how densely populated the UK is. Now whilst it would be hard to attack the UK undetected, it wouldn't be impossible.

If Russia or China are to attack it would likely be just about as we are to pull out from involvement elsewhere. Taking advantage of us when a lot of our soldiers have been killed and a lot of our equipment is useless. This would mean once Russia or China launched an attack we would have to mass produce equipment which would affect our economy.
Original post by Organ

No it couldn't. It took them enough time to find and kill Bin Laden and he'd been living it up for years in a safe house.
Reply 168
Original post by Stalin
Britain's 200~ nuclear weapons could easily destroy the world, thus why are Russia's 3000-5000 estimated nuclear weapons even relevant in this discussion?

That sums up this entire discussion. No one wants all-out war - it's bad for business and people.

Wasn't it Einstein who said "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Very wise.
Reply 169
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
No it couldn't. It took them enough time to find and kill Bin Laden and he'd been living it up for years in a safe house.

The USA could defeat the Libyan military in one week. How is this even an argument :facepalm:

Gadaffi may go into hiding, that's not the point - his regime would be finished.
Reply 170
Original post by Abbadon27
Your point is idiotic. It's simply impossible to defeat a country the size of Libya with only aircraft, unless you want to openly carpet bomb entire cities.

They been bombing the country everyday for 4 months now dude!
Original post by Organ
Are you an idiot? Why would China team up with Pakistan (which is a total joke of a country) against it's most important trading partner? Plus you seem to forget China's own war on terror against the Muslim Uighurs and Russia's war crimes against muslims in Chechnya. As for Iran!! A nation with a tiny military budget and a nation more concerned about crushing it's own population, which are trying to overthrow the government on a daily basis is in no state to attack the world's larget economy and the most powerful military force the world has ever seen, the world's 5th largest economy and the world's second most populated nation.

Also there is no way China is going to attack the USA - China is totally dependent upon the USA to keep it's economy running. OP global economies are too globally linked - especially the USA & China - to have any sort of global war...it is the new form of mututally assured destruction. If China attack the USA; then China's economy will no longer exist - and everything they have built is destroyed - and this muppet thinks they are going to form some sort of alliance with Iran and Pakistan!! Throw everything away for the sake of what - helping out two tin-pot nations? In addition, there is no group of nations on earth capable of taking on the power of the US Military; especially with an angry US population on it's side (which is what you will get with an attack on the USA or Europe).

do all the research you wat in the end im not going to explain to you the FOOL you really are. In jan 011 the US threatend to attack Pakistan and The Chinese you speak of stood up and said "you attack them then you attack us" i even have proof dumb bafoon go do research before you acuse me of being an IDIOT !

source - http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=102_1306435700
Reply 172
Up to them how they run their country? No, it ain't. Cos it's a f****** dictatorship.

And don't compare Africa's dictators to "our" dictators. We live in a political system of milk and honey compared to what they have :facepalm:
Reply 173
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
do all the research you wat in the end im not going to explain to you the FOOL you really are. In jan 011 the US threatend to attack Pakistan and The Chinese you speak of stood up and said "you attack them then you attack us" i even have proof dumb bafoon go do research before you acuse me of being an IDIOT !

source - http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=102_1306435700

China will never attack the USA. It couldn't give a monkeys about Pakistan.

If China attacks the USA - China no longer has an economy.
Original post by Organ

Just shut up honestly your a slave to the media and believe what ever they say. I reckon CNN is your DAD and Fox News is your mum.
Reply 175
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
Just shut up honestly your a slave to the media and believe what ever they say. I reckon CNN is your DAD and Fox News is your mum.

Do you not believe the USA is capable of defeating the Libyan military?
Original post by Swimmer
They been bombing the country everyday for 4 months now dude!

Yes, but only select targets. If you only attack select military targets, no matter how long it goes on for, you will never be able to do enough damage to force you opponent to surrender.

Carpet bombing could make them surrender but that would come with massive civilian casualties.
Original post by Swimmer
Your a moron. What happened is history, they are close now.

Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
http://www.newsweek.com/2009/07/24/the-new-ostpolitik.html

there is a blog on Germany and Russia's current relations. They've been allies since 2009. Please keep up with modern international relations.

Firstly, it is You are a moron....lol

Anyway, this is boring.

All your blog says is that Germany will sometimes derail the interests of other European countries in order to satisfy their own interests. I could have told you that. They are doing the same now by pushing for bankruptcy of Greece.

The reality is that Poland is a more important trading partner than Russia. In fact, Russia is not even in the top 10 trading partners for Germany.

http://www.destatis.de/jetspeed/portal/cms/Sites/destatis/Internet/EN/Navigation/Statistics/Aussenhandel/Handelspartner/Handelspartner.psml

The Germans are only interested in ensuring their economy continues to expand. If that means working with Russia, then that is what they will do. That does not mean they will fight together.

Furthermore, they are not full military allies. So, the same way that you say that "NATO means nothing", this so called Alliance also "means nothing".
(edited 12 years ago)
Some real ****ing idiots in this thread.
Original post by Organ
Do you not believe the USA is capable of defeating the Libyan military?

well that is obviously possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending