Episode 12 of Ao no Exorcist:

Spoiler

it was a magic hoody :yes:
Beelzebub anime y/n?
Reply 1422
Original post by whitepearlbaby

Beelzebub anime y/n?

gonna have to say no:erm: it started amusing enough but just got boring and I ended up dropping it :erm:
Original post by vin
gonna have to say no:erm: it started amusing enough but just got boring and I ended up dropping it :erm:

Aww :frown: Just finished watching ep. 2, the "dad" has developed superpowers but there is no explanation as to how and why he discovered them? Just comes out randomly with demon punches or something. And Beelzebub is annoying me with his constant crying but I thought you were meant to be annoyed :p:
Reply 1424

Aww :frown: Just finished watching ep. 2, the "dad" has developed superpowers but there is no explanation as to how and why he discovered them? Just comes out randomly with demon punches or something. And Beelzebub is annoying me with his constant crying but I thought you were meant to be annoyed :p:

they get over the constant crying and stuff happens earlier ...but then nothing else happens even by ep 19 :indiff:
Have there been any good films out this year (or even last year, though I think I saw most of the good ones)? I haven't watched any in a while and I'm not really into the series stuff.
Reply 1426
Beelzebub anime y/n?

No for me too. It's a shame really, considering the manga is actually pretty good.
The pacing in the anime is slow (I think I only got up to episode 4 and decided to stall it) plus baby Beel's voice is annoying as hell (excuse the pun). Stick with or just read the manga, it's a lot funnier and easier to follow.

I've been reading the Gintama manga and it seems a few scanlated chapters are missing. So I decided to visit my local Forbidden Planet and read up the chapter there. :biggrin: It was chapter 169 which I read and I'm happy I made the effort to actually go out and read it. That chapter was hilarious, I felt stupid just giggling to myself in the shop. :s-smilie: It's the chapter where they actually criticise the Gintama manga, the editor and the mangaka and sort of parodies the series too. A lot of Dragon Ball references (or rip offs? XD) as well.

I stumbled upon a clip in Youtube of a (new?) series called Katte Ni Kaizou. It appears to be from the same mangaka as Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Seems pretty funny, although the clip I saw seems to be more graphic than SZS. :|
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1427
Original post by Brotherhood
Have there been any good films out this year (or even last year, though I think I saw most of the good ones)? I haven't watched any in a while and I'm not really into the series stuff.

Trying to remember what films I've seen this year - think they've mostly been franchise films.

The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya (excellent)
Trigun: Badlands Rumble (good)
Gintama: Shinyaku Benizakura-hen (good)
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (pretty, but lulzy)
Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer (unintentionally hilarious)
Rebuild of Evangelion: 2.22 (excellent)

Welcome to the Space Show (good - very pretty)
Break Blade (series of films) (good)
Bungaku Shoujo (meh)
The Borrower Arrietty (excellent)
Planzet (meh)
Loups=Garous (incomprehensible)
Colorful (very good)
Original post by Brotherhood

Can't speak for this year's movies; since things take so long to get from cinema to disc, and there's the wait for translations on top of that, I've honestly not heard of any releases other than the more recent Break Blade films, and I've not been watching those.

From last year, Cara's gotten most of the noteworthy ones, with the exception of the Nanoha and Eve no Jikan remakes. I've only seen part of the former (visited a friend who was half way through it, and stayed to watch the end. What I saw was very good, certainly a better watch than the lower budget and poorly paced series), and my only experience of the latter is the original ONA, but the ratings should speak for themselves. :yes:
(edited 12 years ago)
I so want to like Badlands Rumble, but I'm worried it'll just seem sort of superfluous. I mean, they don't take any of the extra stuff from Maximum, do they? But I'm probably just being sort of hypocritical, because the first anime I watched and got excited over (for being anime, that is, rather than something interesting on TV when I was a kid) was Knockin' On Heaven's Door. :/

Oh, and Welcome to the Space Show was fantastic. :biggrin:

- Pips
Shippuuden 219, ahh Kakashi and Guy :rofl:

Spoiler

Reply 1431
I haven't had the opportunity to post throughout this week because whenever I do have some spare time online, I'm usually playing Quake Live with Vin-kin. :tongue:

Still, I've managed to catch Sacred Seven, Kamisama Dolls and Usagi Drop, all of which I'm intending to keep on for the time being. I still have yet to watch the sequels for Nasume Yuujin-chou San and Nurarihyon no Mago, which I'll probably get around to them this upcoming weekend. :smile:
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Light Novels Get More Anime

An ad for the Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu light novels has announced that another anime adaptation is in the works. The new anime will adapt the story leading up to the final arc of the series. The 14th volume of Y?saku Igarashi's light novel series is shipping this month, and the ad indicates that this volume is just before the final installment of the series.

The story follows a boy who discovers that his high school's most unattainable girl is a secret otaku. The light novel series inspired a television anime series in 2008, followed by the Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza television anime sequel in 2009. Mamiko Noto and Wataru Hatano led the voice cast as the girl, Haruka Nogizaka, and the boy, Y?to Ayase, respectively. Crunchyroll streamed the second anime series outside Japan as it aired.

Meh, the first season was okay, but nothing special. Haven't gotten around to the second yet. Good that the series is keeping close to the original source material at any rate!
One Piece :eek3: So awesome!
Reply 1434
More Berserk Movie News!!! :zomg:
The movie version of Kentaro Miura's Berserk manga, set for release next January, will be titled Berserk ?gon Jidai-Hen I: Ha? no Tamago (Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler). After months of silence about the state of the movie, STUDIO4? confirmed that director Toshiyuki Kubooka and staff are hard at work on the film and more production updates will be given up to the film's release.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/07/08-1/berserk-movie-named-and-scheduled
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2011-07-07/1st-berserk-anime-film-title-revealed

:beard: so its going to be a series of films that cover the arcs in the anime?:beard: ...though going by those leaked screens many months ago they might go beyond that :hmmmm:

Also been reading more 20th century boys, a good read.:yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
What day does Blood C air?
Reply 1436
Original post by Atherilia
What day does Blood C air?

Yesterday - HQ version is out already from Underwater.
Original post by caraniel
Yesterday - HQ version is out already from Underwater.

Then how come, the first episode was out last week?
Reply 1438

Then how come, the first episode was out last week?

that was an internet pre airing :smile:
Original post by vin
that was an internet pre airing :smile:

Ok, so it's a thursday air date, Another week to wait :emo:

Latest