The Student Room Group

Is it inevitable that Britain or the US will get attacked in the near future?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I Persia I
The "Illuminati" one always cracks me up. The federal government actually has no say in the domestic policies of the states but i daresay they're more united than the EU, maybe the US feels threatened by a European superpower? Seems childish to say the least.

As long as they get their point across with big words, they've got your vote.

Why wouldn't they be? The EU is in the centre of the world geographically, has plenty of agriculture, the currency has strengthened since it was made, (inb4 ireland and greece)

Has barely any chance for naval assaults besides the US from the west, is pretty funnelled to the east plus the political situation would mean a land assault would lose it's element of surprise.

In a resource war EU has the upperhand and it would inevitable be USA vs. EU vs. Asia.

....and **** africa.
Original post by chrislpp
USA sees Britain as a no-man's land, there is no loyalty, we were a piece of land they could launch an invasion from when they realised russia was about to break into the middle of europe, the Nazi regime was always going to fall, the USA wanted to land grab while they could, and it nearly caused WWIII. It's well documented at the imminence of Nazi invasion, and inevitable take over, the USA didn't care and would just deal with it, they are separated by 2 oceans and wouldn't have cared less.

They'll use us for what we are useful for, weapons, equipment, but ultimately we are expendable in an all out war.

China and Russia, and North Korea.....maybe Iran? Against the US and UK? HA, we'd be screwed, we know they have weapons, and so do we, but it doesn't matter if most of the populations are wiped out, you can't cheer victory when you're vaporised or in a POW camp.

If you want such a scenario and are so confident in our protector's the US, then move to London, the main target for any attack, and don't go near any bomb shelter or such. See what happens if a war ever does break out.

Spot on.

The only reason Russia are such a potent threat is because of their resources and the sheer amount of oil and gas pipelines they own that run over Europe. That's why its essential we continue to put infrastructure in place to source oil and gas from elsewhere. Thankfully its happening because the UK and most of Europe know that if things get nasty and Russia cut off supplies we're, as you've put, screwed.

Also, as you've stated, if America and Russia went to war we'd be America's pawn on the chess board. We'd be one of the first pieces they'd risk along with other European nations. There has never been loyalty or respect. This is evident by friendly fire kills that repeatedly take place in any battle we go in as allies with them. We are certainly expendable and we are definitely used by the Americans and the sad thing is, our politicians are such lick arses that they continue to suck up to America and won't stand up for our country.

+ rep when I can.

PS. Have you done a degree in International Relations/Affairs or International Economics?
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Spot on.

The only reason Russia are such a potent threat is because of their resources and the sheer amount of oil and gas pipelines they own that run over Europe. That's why its essential we continue to put infrastructure in place to source oil and gas from elsewhere. Thankfully its happening because the UK and most of Europe know that if things get nasty and Russia cut off supplies we're, as you've put, screwed.

Also, as you've stated, if America and Russia went to war we'd be America's pawn on the chess board. We'd be one of the first pieces they'd risk along with other European nations. There has never been loyalty or respect. This is evident by friendly fire kills that repeatedly take place in any battle we go in as allies with them. We are certainly expendable and we are definitely used by the Americans and the sad thing is, our politicians are such lick arses that they continue to suck up to America and won't stand up for our country.

+ rep when I can.

PS. Have you done a degree in International Relations/Affairs or International Economics?

Nope, I just look at everything for how it is, and also assume that everything a politician says is for a hidden agenda. I'm even surprised people think Obama is any better than Bush.

I also play a lot of strategy games. FML.
Nope, I just look at everything for how it is, and also assume that everything a politician says is for a hidden agenda. I'm even surprised people think Obama is any better than Bush.

I also play a lot of strategy games. FML.

Oh, cool :smile: you seem to have extensive knowledge of the topic.
Oh, cool :smile: you seem to have extensive knowledge of the topic.

I'd like to.
Reply 325
Spot on.

+ rep when I can.

Still can't see Russia willing to use cutting of Gas and Oil as a weapon unless their back was truly up against the wall or if their economy is more diviserfied, away from energy that is at present supporting their entire country
USA sees Britain as a no-man's land, there is no loyalty, we were a piece of land they could launch an invasion from when they realised russia was about to break into the middle of europe, the Nazi regime was always going to fall, the USA wanted to land grab while they could, and it nearly caused WWIII. It's well documented at the imminence of Nazi invasion, and inevitable take over, the USA didn't care and would just deal with it, they are separated by 2 oceans and wouldn't have cared less.

They'll use us for what we are useful for, weapons, equipment, but ultimately we are expendable in an all out war.

China and Russia, and North Korea.....maybe Iran? Against the US and UK? HA, we'd be screwed, we know they have weapons, and so do we, but it doesn't matter if most of the populations are wiped out, you can't cheer victory when you're vaporised or in a POW camp.

If you want such a scenario and are so confident in our protector's the US, then move to London, the main target for any attack, and don't go near any bomb shelter or such. See what happens if a war ever does break out.

erm...I do live in london...and have done so for the last 17yrs....
Reply 327
Original post by loki276
Yeah and lose its massive reserves...

And then they would have to print their own. Big Deal!
Original post by nodenet

Original post by nodenet
And then they would have to print their own. Big Deal!

Wait wut?
Why would China want to attack the United States?

China is naturally going to overtake the US economy. If anything, the United States will want to stop that. However, I very much doubt it will because of the threat from nuclear war.

Get used to it Brits and Yanks you are declining nations in an emerging world.
Saudi Arabia, Russia, Venezuela, CANADA, Libya and Nigeria are all in the top ten of having the largest oil reserves. Invading any of these countries for oil would have been a far harder thing to do than to attack two countries already unstable and two countries that provided both the UK and the US with the perfect excuses for invasion, Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

Yeah. About them invading Canada....
Original post by Struggle

China is naturally going to overtake the US economy. If anything, the United States will want to stop that. However, I very much doubt it will because of the threat from nuclear war.

Nah. There's nothing "natural" in China overtaking the US economy because might not even happen as nothing in the future is set in stone.

As for the declining nations comment, again just no. Changing world from emerging countries yes, but that doesn't mean Brits and Yanks are suddenly "declining nations."
Reply 332
Original post by Struggle

Meh. The rise of China is far to over hyped. It will likely happen, but I doubt it will last very long.
Original post by PersonFromEarth
Nah. There's nothing "natural" in China overtaking the US economy because might not even happen as nothing in the future is set in stone.

As for the declining nations comment, again just no. Changing world from emerging countries yes, but that doesn't mean Brits and Yanks are suddenly "declining nations."

I think you need to open your eyes: Britain's been in decline since the First World War.
Reply 334
The west is finished.

They produce nothing but debt

China just bought a major port in Petreus Greece, its 1st Mediterranean port eva ! the 1st of many.
Original post by Aj12
Meh. The rise of China is far to over hyped. It will likely happen, but I doubt it will last very long.

I agree with this, its spot on from an economic sense.

They still have a lot of man power though and intelligence that could be dangerous with the right ally.
Original post by PersonFromEarth
Yeah. About them invading Canada....

Do you honestly think the USA would invade Canada in modern times? Not a chance. America and the UK just do what they've always done, take advantage of countries that are entering a phase of self destruction and help themselves to the natural resources in the process. There is no way America or the UK would attack a powerful nation in modern times without resorting to nuclear methods, which would in any case be a last resort even during a World War.
Original post by Stalin
I think you need to open your eyes: Britain's been in decline since the First World War.

Spot on.
Reply 338
I agree with this, its spot on from an economic sense.

They still have a lot of man power though and intelligence that could be dangerous with the right ally.

They still need European and American markets. A lot of Chinese tech is still stolen from the West
Original post by Aj12
They still need European and American markets. A lot of Chinese tech is still stolen from the West

Like those fake iPhone copies that have popped up all over the internet :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending