The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandora.

Original post by Pandora.
I've been meaning to et into Muse for a wile now - what songs would you all recommend? I only really know the mainstream ones :ninja: (Uprising, SBH etc)

start with origin of symmerty, then absolution, then the resistance, then showbiz then black holes and revelations
:heart::heart::heart:Muse:heart::heart::heart:
I would say put showbiz above resistance on the list two above but otherwise yes.

Also, I'm going to see them play at Leeds - couldn't get any tickets for reading so oh well!

Also - did everyone see this week's Q magazine with them on the front? There are scans on the muse.mu forum somewhere... good article!
Original post by hothedgehog

I would say put showbiz above resistance on the list two above but otherwise yes.

Also, I'm going to see them play at Leeds - couldn't get any tickets for reading so oh well!

Also - did everyone see this week's Q magazine with them on the front? There are scans on the muse.mu forum somewhere... good article!

You'e seeing them? no fair :frown: I'm depressed about not seeing them. are there still day tickets left on either festival?
I read the scans, article was interesting
Tom Kirk is now on twitter
Original post by museobsessed
You'e seeing them? no fair :frown: I'm depressed about not seeing them. are there still day tickets left on either festival?
I read the scans, article was interesting

There aren't day tickets for reading left on any of the official vendors. You'll have to buy them from someone but there aren't many and they're expensive. Leeds still have them available on the major vendors so you could get them for there.

There aren't day tickets for reading left on any of the official vendors. You'll have to buy them from someone but there aren't many and they're expensive. Leeds still have them available on the major vendors so you could get them for there.

thanks for letting me know. Leeds would be OK
thanks for letting me know. Leeds would be OK

That's what I thought in the end. It's not the last show but to be honest, Reading when I saw radiohead was carnage so I think I'll try the slightly smaller Leeds and then watch muse on tv on sunday!

That's what I thought in the end. It's not the last show but to be honest, Reading when I saw radiohead was carnage so I think I'll try the slightly smaller Leeds and then watch muse on tv on sunday!

I'm just kicking myself at the moment that I know they'll be playing OOS for the last time and I don't have a ticket. thats all
I'm just kicking myself at the moment that I know they'll be playing OOS for the last time and I don't have a ticket. thats all

That's pretty much why I'm trekking up to Leeds...
Has anyone seen this? I like Oasis, and I like Beady Eye, but Liam Gallagher just slags off every other band in his interviews which I don't like, he can't expect people to just listen to him. His latest victims were Muse as well :/
http://www.viagogo.co.uk/News/Liam-Gallagher-finds-Muse-creepy/_A-1842
Oh yeah, saw that a while back... pretty odd but to be honest, Oasis aren't happening anymore and haven't produced anything vaguely worth listening to in absolute years so I couldn't care less.

Oh yeah, saw that a while back... pretty odd but to be honest, Oasis aren't happening anymore and haven't produced anything vaguely worth listening to in absolute years so I couldn't care less.

quoted for truth
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Has anyone seen this? I like Oasis, and I like Beady Eye, but Liam Gallagher just slags off every other band in his interviews which I don't like, he can't expect people to just listen to him. His latest victims were Muse as well :/
http://www.viagogo.co.uk/News/Liam-Gallagher-finds-Muse-creepy/_A-1842

Liam Gallagher is a c***. True story. (And this is an informed statement, not just baseless hate)

I liked Dig out your soul! Did you not like that album?
Original post by LukethePianoMan
I liked Dig out your soul! Did you not like that album?

Can't say I've actually listened to anything more than their singles. However, I found those pretty dire so considering that they're usually the best off the album I feel like my comment can still be founded! :tongue:
I'll most likely be up north on August bank holiday weekend anyway. I must say i'm tempted by a day ticket, but I'd most likely be alone. My main gripe is that, the top three main stagers aside, the line up is ****e IIRC.

From experience of both, Leeds is so much better than Reading. Nicer atmosphere, and a lot fewer dick heads who are going to look kewl. Half the Reading crowd watch the screens when front-and-centre, to see if they're on TV.
A MASSIVE MUSE SOCIETY?!

There is a god.
Original post by mikeylawson

Original post by mikeylawson
A MASSIVE MUSE SOCIETY?!

There is a god.

where are you from in Devon? Teignmouth? :p:
Original post by JohnnySPal
I'll most likely be up north on August bank holiday weekend anyway. I must say i'm tempted by a day ticket, but I'd most likely be alone. My main gripe is that, the top three main stagers aside, the line up is ****e IIRC.

From experience of both, Leeds is so much better than Reading. Nicer atmosphere, and a lot fewer dick heads who are going to look kewl. Half the Reading crowd watch the screens when front-and-centre, to see if they're on TV.

Yeah, my boyfriend and I were considering the toss up between weekend or day tickets... we decided that the extra £100 wasn't worth it... even with the extra 2 days worth of music.

I'm not going to lie - I'm going to leeds with my boyfriend and then meeting up with a bunch of friends from muselive.com.... I am a little sad on that, coming up to 15000 posts!

Quick Reply

Latest