The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When is pay day? Please tell me it's next week... or even better tomorrow?

It feels like so long this month. :frown:
Original post by Saliency
When is pay day? Please tell me it's next week... or even better tomorrow?

It feels like so long this month. :frown:

Next Friday, the 15th :smile:
Reply 8882
Original post by KatrinaLou
I have a discount card query -

I get that you can use it for online shopping (on the groceries site) but can you use it on the Sainsbury's entertainment site? I don't really do online shopping but I do buy a lot of books / dvds etc. online but I can't see any way of using my discount card on the sainsbury's entertainment part of the site.

I am very grateful for any help.

Sainsbury's Colleagues - Colleague Discount

If you are a Sainsbury's colleague, we are delighted to announce that you are now able to use your Colleague Discount Card to obtain discounts on purchases made on the Sainsbury's Entertainment Website.

As this website is managed separately from the Sainsbury's site (www.sainsburys.co.uk), you need to set yourself up with a new account. This can be done by logging on to the Sainsbury's Entertainment website and clicking on "Register" at the top of the page. Please note: you need to set up a separate Sainsbury's Entertainment account even if you have already registered on the www.sainsburys.co.uk website.

You will need to set up an account on the Sainsbury's Entertainment website. Once the account is set up, you will be able to register your Colleague Discount on your account. You will be asked to check a box which identifies you as a Sainsbury's colleague. At this point, you will be asked to register your valid Colleague Discount Card.

Discounts are only available once you have registered your Colleague Discount Card. Unfortunately, we are unable to apply discounts retrospectively for purchases made in the past when a valid Colleague Discount Card has not been registered.

https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/FAQs/page.html?page=help
Reply 8883
I have my induction next Friday! Excited. I've been employed as a CTS in a convenience store, and advised that I'll have to deputise in my manager's absence a couple of times per week! Love the job spec, and the pay isn't too bad [currently £6.73 ph].

Just been reading a few posts about the induction, sounds cool. Any current CTS' about to give your testimonials about what its like?
Original post by Oh-No!
Sainsbury's Colleagues - Colleague Discount

If you are a Sainsbury's colleague, we are delighted to announce that you are now able to use your Colleague Discount Card to obtain discounts on purchases made on the Sainsbury's Entertainment Website.

As this website is managed separately from the Sainsbury's site (www.sainsburys.co.uk), you need to set yourself up with a new account. This can be done by logging on to the Sainsbury's Entertainment website and clicking on "Register" at the top of the page. Please note: you need to set up a separate Sainsbury's Entertainment account even if you have already registered on the www.sainsburys.co.uk website.

You will need to set up an account on the Sainsbury's Entertainment website. Once the account is set up, you will be able to register your Colleague Discount on your account. You will be asked to check a box which identifies you as a Sainsbury's colleague. At this point, you will be asked to register your valid Colleague Discount Card.

Discounts are only available once you have registered your Colleague Discount Card. Unfortunately, we are unable to apply discounts retrospectively for purchases made in the past when a valid Colleague Discount Card has not been registered.

https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/FAQs/page.html?page=help

Is it 10% discount?
Reply 8885
Original post by Writer14
Is it 10% discount?

It is yeah, have used it quite a few times now
Also can someone clarify what "MK ll" means?
whats the night shift work like? I'm fit but never done night shift work and not used to manual work
Reply 8888
Original post by inksplodge
the night shift sucks too. 10 hours with noone to talk to sucks. 10 hours in the freezing cold also sucks (they've never heard of the heater), and apparently they don't think we need lights on either. my eyesight has got terrible since i started there =(

When they turn the lights off in the evening, the place looks really miserable :frown:

morris743
Do you work in Merton?

Yup. Why?

lisajanexo
yeah that's that one!! it's a good thing i plan to go by public transport lol! i thought it must have been fairly new, cos google maps still haven't gone round to update roads. it isn't a long walk from putney station, is it?

I think Putney is down the next street. I think us services are pretty good though. There is a cut through you can take though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Foulish

Yup. Why?

I worked about 5 minutes from your store for a good chunk of 2009...heard about what had happened earlier on.
If you get a second job alongside your work at Sainsbury's do you need to inform HR?
Reply 8891
:rolleyes:
Original post by KatrinaLou
If you get a second job alongside your work at Sainsbury's do you need to inform HR?

Answering this from non-specific point of view - I think dependent on your contract type, you'll need to inform HR of your second job. If you've been employed under a flexible contract, you're expected to meet the store's needs, as and when they need you - to a certain degree.

Just judge it individually - also, read through your contract, as when I was a bar manager, we used to write it in an employee's contract that if at any time they were to get a second job, they were to immediately inform us.
Reply 8892
Original post by SirBaboon
whats the night shift work like? I'm fit but never done night shift work and not used to manual work

It's tough. It's a little different from day-shift - not having to run around for customers - but your expected to replenish as much as you can, as fast as you can to turn round the store from having bare shelves at 9pm to looking brand new at 7am. We've already had some people start and then say on their first night "I can't do this!! I'm too tired!!", so if you do start nightshift make sure you sleep in the day before lol :biggrin:
Reply 8893
I really want to change departments really badly, I applied for bakery (applied for shelf stacking in day, but the site messed up and the app never went through) so i had to stick wit that, I applied for saturday day and all day sunday hours and got night shifts all week which really annoyed me. Been working there 6 months, but there's just nothing else coming up. I'd love to move, I do 15 hours and I'll be at college again in September.

I've felt like quitting because I never get holidays I put in for, but if someone else puts in for that day, they'll get it, but not me. I got hours I didn't even apply for and no manager knew what that was about or helped me about it, I can't ever shift change because I'm like the only person who can do nights on the bakery so i can't swap anything.. and just yeah, i'd love to move onto a different department but there's just nothing.
Just logged in to my sainsburys job account and its updated to from 'first stage interview' to 'position already filled'
Is this their way of saying unsuccessful? (just want to confirm as I haven't had an email)
Thanks
Reply 8895
@Spellstheend: That's probably their way of letting you know that you were unsuccessful. It sucks but they will update it online instantly and then get round to informing you (I think it might be through the post?)

Also, just wondering, as I normally check on here to find out our pay dates, but is there some kind of booklet or document that has all of the pay dates on that staff can access? I just ask because my partner works at tesco and they have a mini booklet with their paydates for the year and I think that it would be ideal if we had the same :smile:

Edit: Someone purchased a lottery ticket from our store recently and won around 3-4 million :O
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JemMills
@Spellstheend: That's probably their way of letting you know that you were unsuccessful. It sucks but they will update it online instantly and then get round to informing you (I think it might be through the post?)

Also, just wondering, as I normally check on here to find out our pay dates, but is there some kind of booklet or document that has all of the pay dates on that staff can access? I just ask because my partner works at tesco and they have a mini booklet with their paydates for the year and I think that it would be ideal if we had the same :smile:

Edit: Someone purchased a lottery ticket from our store recently and won around 3-4 million :O

I saw this 3.5 million they won? was on the itv anglia news... are you in Wellingborough/Northampton?
Reply 8897
We've got new guns for online shopping. They're much louder than the old ones and the scanner flashes rather than has one constant beam. ****ing annoying...
Has anyone done the bakery apprenticeship? I seen the advertisement on the board near the clock-in, I’m quite interested in trying for it. Does anyone know what happens if I did go for it? Would I need to get interviewed or because I already work for them would it be like an informal chat sort of thing?
Reply 8899
Original post by WDooley1
I have my induction next Friday! Excited. I've been employed as a CTS in a convenience store, and advised that I'll have to deputise in my manager's absence a couple of times per week! Love the job spec, and the pay isn't too bad [currently £6.73 ph].

Just been reading a few posts about the induction, sounds cool. Any current CTS' about to give your testimonials about what its like?

Just to push my question a bit :P Any advice on the induction?

Latest

Trending

Trending