The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cambo211
Show off :colonhash:

Meh, took a few minutes, I think it looks rather crap tbh. :tongue:

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Yeah I have, quite enjoyed it too but funny enough, I didn't know about Pitch black until a few months ago. Thought Chronicles was the start of the series, but yeah agreed on Riddick

on a random note

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/sol/ - interesting premise, I'm interested already

Pitch Black felt more like a horror science fiction whereas Chronicles was more like an action science fiction. Hoping the third one gets green lit. Apparently Vin Diesel will have to take a pay cut for it to happen.

And I seen that trailer for Sol. Seems really interesting. Ah we need more science fiction films!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Meh, took a few minutes, I think it looks rather crap tbh. :tongue:

Too inception focused tbh :pierre:
Mass Effect fans, Jace, Cambo, MJ...

Legendary Films' first-ever Comic-Con panel will feature Mass Effect: The Movie and Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim.

According to Legendary's press release, Game creator Casey Hudson and the adaptation's screenwriter, Mark Protosevich, will be on hand Friday, July 22, for a panel providing our first glimpse at the highly-anticipated movie based on the popular game.

That's a bit out of nowhere tbh. Don't have much hope either.
Mass Effect fans, Jace, Cambo, MJ...

That's a bit out of nowhere tbh. Don't have much hope either.

It's just not right for a film.
:facepalm2:

I bet the crowd at ComicCon will boo them.
I've been working tonight to try to make my own film forum - would you mind taking a look and leaving any feedback you have, maybe joining and becoming my first members? :biggrin: Thanks!

I LOVE YOU ALL REALLY!
'Hobbit' First Look: 3 Pics

Looks pretty amazing even from only three pictures!!! I'm excited XD
Reply 3207
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I've been working tonight to try to make my own film forum - would you mind taking a look and leaving any feedback you have, maybe joining and becoming my first members? :biggrin: Thanks!

I LOVE YOU ALL REALLY!

Registered. I've never been a member of a forum right from it's birth before. :h:

I LOVE YOU ALL REALLY!

You've just given me a dose of nostalgia. Used to make forums 3-4 years ago/when I was like 15 :facepalm2:. Ah the joy of creating one and then the conclusion in an exhausting, uphill and ultimately depressing struggle. The best of luck. :tongue:

Feedback wise: you need to opt for a better theme and perhaps a fewer forums. Too many forums spread out is not good for initial activity. You should also consider promoting it in some form by recommending it to friends, getting on Tumblr, submitting to blog directories and taking part in link exchanges/affiliates. Picking forum hosting by a company like Proboards, freeforums.org would have been a superior choice since it has phpbb3.

Best of luck, man!
Conan film doesn't look bad.

Original post by aja89
Registered. I've never been a member of a forum right from it's birth before. :h:

I believe I just decoded your avatar. :holmes:
Reply 3210
Conan film doesn't look bad.

I believe I just decoded your avatar. :holmes:

Indeed sir. That be my tumblr. :colondollar:
Reply 3211
So Shia LaBeouf actually turns down good movies to act in Transformers and stuff? :lolwut:
Original post by Abiraleft
So Shia LaBeouf actually turns down good movies to act in Transformers and stuff? :lolwut:

What a fool. And you know what, I'm glad. He would have ruined both those films.

Harrison Ford also called him a ****ing idiot for his comments about Indy 4.
Reply 3213
What a fool. And you know what, I'm glad. He would have ruined both those films.

Harrison Ford also called him a ****ing idiot for his comments about Indy 4.

Agreed. I wonder what role he was offered in The Social Network, though.

Also, apparently Boyle's first choice for 127 Hours was Cillian Murphy, who couldn't commit because of scheduling problems or something. I wonder how that would have panned out if it had gone through.
Back from Harry Potter.
Original post by Phalanges
Back from Harry Potter.

Thoughts?

Original post by Abiraleft
Agreed. I wonder what role he was offered in The Social Network, though.

Also, apparently Boyle's first choice for 127 Hours was Cillian Murphy, who couldn't commit because of scheduling problems or something. I wonder how that would have panned out if it had gone through.

I would bet it was the Napster/Justin Timberlake role
(edited 12 years ago)
Watching Wild Target. I swear there is a Hitman reference here.

Also tilt back your monitor/screen.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Back from Harry Potter.

And?
And?

Thoughts?

I'm not really sure what I think. I don't think it was a particularly bad film, but there was absolutely no kind of emotion or depth there. To give an example, right at the start of the film there is the scene that is supposed to be the turning point of the story, where Harry is faced with a choice between seeing Griphook or Ollivander first. The film glosses over this completely, and it does this at every major moment. It was as if they were hurrying to fill in a checklist of all of the events rather than making a film, and the result was a mess of pretty lights instead of a story. And pointless 3D.

I'm also struggling to see the purpose of the film. For anyone who loved the books it serves as a flimsy replica without anything that made them great, and to anyone who doesn't already know the story the film is completely indecipherable. The woman next to me asked her husband at one point "Is Harry Snape's son?" and while this is a patently ludicrous suggestion, based solely on the material provided I could see how that conclusion could be drawn. I need to sleep on it and then plan a review about it, so my thoughts will be a lot more coherent tomorrow if you are interested, but that's the best I've got for now.
I'm not really sure what I think. I don't think it was a particularly bad film, but there was absolutely no kind of emotion or depth there. To give an example, right at the start of the film there is the scene that is supposed to be the turning point of the story, where Harry is faced with a choice between seeing Griphook or Ollivander first. The film glosses over this completely, and it does this at every major moment. It was as if they were hurrying to fill in a checklist of all of the events rather than making a film, and the result was a mess of pretty lights instead of a story. And pointless 3D.

I'm also struggling to see the purpose of the film. For anyone who loved the books it serves as a flimsy replica without anything that made them great, and to anyone who doesn't already know the story the film is completely indecipherable. The woman next to me asked her husband at one point "Is Harry Snape's son?" and while this is a patently ludicrous suggestion, based solely on the material provided I could see how that conclusion could be drawn. I need to sleep on it and then plan a review about it, so my thoughts will be a lot more coherent tomorrow if you are interested, but that's the best I've got for now.

Suitable send off? I'm a fairly big fan of Harry Potter, the books were a big part in my younger years and I enjoyed the first part so it will probably be great to me.

And how did you get to see it early? Were you at the premier? :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending