The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

I've not always been a fan of the films, some of them seem to go off on a tangent or don't cover enough material from the books, but I have to admit that I'm quite excited for the last film.

Some people slated Part 1, but I loved it. They went through the material properly and overall it was well done.

Imax tickets booked for the 17th, can't wait :biggrin:
Anyone else watching the live stream? There seems to be something about HP on every site I've been on today. Even the Daily Prophet Fail is streaming it.

On a different note, Neville Longbottom looks different. :sexface:
Reply 1542
Original post by Mujeriego
Anyone else watching the live stream? There seems to be something about HP on every site I've been on today. Even the Daily Prophet Fail is streaming it.

On a different note, Neville Longbottom looks different. :sexface:

Live stream? Live stream of what??

Don't tell me I've missed out on something important :sad:
Original post by Liam_G

Of the HP première in Trafalgar Square with the cast and crew, the YT link I posted above. :tongue:
To be honest I can't wait to watch it :smile:
Original post by Liam_G

The premiere and the Zane interviews in the square. Nothing major really but still fun to watch.

I hate that Voldemort got the biggest cheer on the red carpet. He doesn't even like Muggles ffs. :colonhash:

I hate that Voldemort got the biggest cheer on the red carpet. He doesn't even like Muggles ffs. :colonhash:

He Who Must Not Be Named. :fyi:

Do you think so? I thought Alan Rickman got a much bigger one. Bigger than Rowling and Daniel as well. :holmes:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
He Who Must Not Be Named. :fyi:

Do you think so? I thought Alan Rickman got a much bigger one. Bigger than Rowling and Daniel as well. :holmes:

I always change channels when Alan Rickman comes on in case his voice impregnates everyone nearby so I wouldn't know. :beard:
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FILM :biggrin:

The books are so, so much better (isn't that always the case?) but it's always great to see the stories come to life.

I'll always be a Potter fan.

Plus, Emma's dress is stunning and Daniel looks gorgeous..
Is there anything else to watch live now of the premiere or has it ended for the viewers at home?
(edited 12 years ago)
I wish us mere mudbloods could see it atm :frown:
I haven't been that excited but now I can't wait! But also a bit sad because I will miss waiting for the summer holidays and the release of a new Harry Potter book, plaguing my parents to buy it asap and then reading it non-stop for the rest of the weekend :frown:
And I was thinking the other day about the first time I read the Philosopher's Stone and I realised I didn't even like it in the beginning! We were reading it in school (year 3/4 I think) and the teacher was reading it to the class very slowly and I thought it was boring (we were still on the first chapter). Anyway I got my mum to buy me it (strictly for educational purposes of course) and then got a bit addicted.

Can anyone else remember the first time they read/saw HP?
I always change channels when Alan Rickman comes on in case his voice impregnates everyone nearby so I wouldn't know. :beard:

:rofl:

Original post by -honeybee-
I haven't been that excited but now I can't wait! But also a bit sad because I will miss waiting for the summer holidays and the release of a new Harry Potter book, plaguing my parents to buy it asap and then reading it non-stop for the rest of the weekend :frown:

Weekend? Amateur. :hand: Buy it at midnight and finish most of it within a day.

I agree with you though you may be 3 years late now. :tongue: I don't think any book has had, for me, that level of sheer anticipation and excitement before release. I used to hunt after every scrap of info and read up on every theory. Not the same with other books. It's more 'this book has just come out, worth a read'.
Original post by -honeybee-
And I was thinking the other day about the first time I read the Philosopher's Stone and I realised I didn't even like it in the beginning! We were reading it in school (year 3/4 I think) and the teacher was reading it to the class very slowly and I thought it was boring (we were still on the first chapter). Anyway I got my mum to buy me it (strictly for educational purposes of course) and then got a bit addicted.

Can anyone else remember the first time they read/saw HP?

I overheard a teacher and pupil talking about it in primary. They also exchanged books (Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets). I didn't see the appeal. I got into the books just before the first film came out and my first anticipation/pre-release was Goblet of Fire which I bought on day 1 and just dived into.

Memories. :moon:
Original post by Seasick Steve
Dumbledoor dies. And that's an end of it.

just booked my tickets for 15th at 8pm - extremely excited is an understatement!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
:rofl:

Weekend? Amateur. :hand: Buy it at midnight and finish most of it within a day.

I agree with you though you may be 3 years late now. :tongue: I don't think any book has had, for me, that level of sheer anticipation and excitement before release. I used to hunt after every scrap of info and read up on every theory. Not the same with other books. It's more 'this book has just come out, worth a read'.

I know but the idea of the last film is making me nostalgic! Well I think they used to come out on friday night/saturday morning? I was only allowed to get Deathly Hallows at midnight (largely because I was 18 when it came out and noone else in my family shared my HP obsession) but all the others we bought on the saturday in town. Then I had to wait for my mum to finish gossiping shopping before I could read it... although I remember reading them in the car on the way home.

I can also remember being torn between reading them quickly and finding out what happened or reading it slowly because I knew it would be 1/2 years before the next one came out. I agree about the excitement - it kind of reminds me of waiting for christmas :colondollar: Maybe it's a good thing there will be no more... I might be able to work on being less sad! Although I never really looked at theories online as we weren't allowed on the internet so much and it just never really occurred to me.
Reply 1558
Is anyone else going to see it in 2D first? I am, I have seen all the others in 2D so it just feels right to end it this way. Although when I see it for a second time :colondollar: I will watch it in 3D. I've booked a late night one, so the whole day on the 15th just gonna be building up to it, so excited!
Reply 1559
It came out the day I was going on holiday, so I bought it on the ferry & as we were driving through France we broke down and spent a good 12 hours in some dodgy garage. Finished it in a day. Beautiful memories.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending