Reply 2500
By the way, I was looking at the spreadsheet and found this:

Spoiler

So I look around the spread sheet, and after a bit of scrolling:

Spoiler

:angry:
Original post by fluteflute
Yes, and I've done it.

(Well actually I never quite bothered to find the last few words)

Certainly makes us cooler than Cambridge!

I heard that if you can find 'offer' you're in...
It's the ultimate test in dedication and perserverance.
Original post by BJack

Original post by BJack
For languages, do you mean?

Nope for engineering :smile:
Original post by medbh4805

Original post by medbh4805
I would wait and see how you do at AS, if you get AAA or better go for it :smile:

As well, you could still have a chance even if you didn't get that as long as your A2 predications were AAA :smile:

Thank you !:biggrin:
btw, did anyone make a Facebook group for Oxford 2012 Applicants? I thought it would be cool to have! if there hadn't been any, would someone make it? :P
Been texting my friend who's down at the open day today. She wasn't aware of the rule against walking on the grass in some colleges... Cue embarassment on her part. I'd do something like that, ha.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2506
Original post by desy.kris
do you mind telling me what you found out about Oriel that wasn't told in the Prospectus? :P

I'm applying there too :biggrin:

It has a tunnel!
Original post by dnumberwang
Did anyone check out Worcester or Balliol?

Worcester - one of the prettiest things I've ever seen. The fellows were very keen to emphasis how 'balanced' the college was (ie do well in Results tables, but still good with sports etc). nice people showed me around, I got lost and wandered into a chemistry session rather than history, got laughed out :P

I wandered around Balliol which seemed lovely and big, Jesus gave really nice course info and nicely located. Brasenose gave me lots of freebies :biggrin: and I think that's where there is a bit of building work going on?

Trinity looked beautiful but didn't go in much as they don't offer my course. I saw Wadham and Hertford but I can't even remember them. Everything was ridiculously pretty though, I'd be delighted to get accepted into any of them.

got kicked out of st johns for not booking haha, all I wanted was to wander :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

tell me more about Oriel!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
what did you discover/see/have? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Very awesome college. Just small enough to feel like you'd know everyone. Corpus Christi is just across the road and there are several cool pubs nearby. You're just off of the High Street so you're right in the centre of Oxford, so the location is bang-on perfect. It just had a really nice feel about it, and the college bar is sooooo cute. It was awesome!! =)
Original post by deejayy
It has a tunnel!
:-o that is quite exciting...
Original post by roseroserose.
Worcester - one of the prettiest things I've ever seen. The fellows were very keen to emphasis how 'balanced' the college was (ie do well in Results tables, but still good with sports etc). nice people showed me around, I got lost and wandered into a chemistry session rather than history, got laughed out :P

I wandered around Balliol which seemed lovely and big, Jesus gave really nice course info and nicely located. Brasenose gave me lots of freebies :biggrin: and I think that's where there is a bit of building work going on?

Trinity looked beautiful but didn't go in much as they don't offer my course. I saw Wadham and Hertford but I can't even remember them. Everything was ridiculously pretty though, I'd be delighted to get accepted into any of them.

got kicked out of st johns for not booking haha, all I wanted was to wander :frown:

My only little downer was feeling a little self conscious in my history session, a couple did seem quite privatey. I lovveeeee history though so meh :P

What were you at the History session at Worcester? They was only me and 2 other girls, I thought there would have been more of a balance between male/female for a course like History!

Sorry you felt like that in your session, hope it wasn't the session I was in because otherwise I would have deliberately said hi!

Personally I had a great day :biggrin:....then reminded myself to come back to planet Earth, and face the real competition :frown:
Original post by Niki_girl

Anyone here go to a session at St Hilda's? Also checked out a few other colleges too
Original post by Niki_girl
What were you at the History session at Worcester? They was only me and 2 other girls, I thought there would have been more of a balance between male/female for a course like History!

Sorry you felt like that in your session, hope it wasn't the session I was in because otherwise I would have deliberately said hi!

Personally I had a great day :biggrin:....then reminded myself to come back to planet Earth, and face the real competition :frown:

don't worry, there were lots of girls in mine (probably why I was intimidated haha) *potentially awkward moment passed by* :biggrin:

No it's not that, to be honest I wish I hadn't been with my mum because I felt like I had to hang back a little, rather than get thrown in the deep end and meet people!

Exactly! I guess when I was there, I felt like anything was possible and now I'm home it's more like, now the real work begins D:
Original post by Inglip
By the way, I was looking at the spreadsheet and found this:

Spoiler

So I look around the spread sheet, and after a bit of scrolling:

Spoiler

:angry:

WHAT THE HAX. *shakes fist* Did you delete it? :redface:
btw, did anyone make a Facebook group for Oxford 2012 Applicants? I thought it would be cool to have! if there hadn't been any, would someone make it? :P

I've made it: the Official 2012 Applicants for the University of Oxford facebook group. Go join up everyone...
Original post by punctuation

Original post by punctuation
WHAT THE HAX. *shakes fist* Did you delete it? :redface:

I think they're jealous that they don't have a spreadsheet.
Reply 2516
Completely fell in love at the open day today... wish I could have gone into every college! Think I'll be applying at either St John's or Trinity!
I think they're jealous that they don't have a spreadsheet.

It seems so... Start your own, Cantabrigians >=( I thought you guys were good for CS and Maths.

Original post by loz876
Completely fell in love at the open day today... wish I could have gone into every college! Think I'll be applying at either St John's or Trinity!

Yay St John's! :smile:
Original post by loz876
Tell me about St Johns?
Tell me about St Johns?

Are you applying for St John's too... allow me to be creepy here... Greg?

Latest