The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
Original post by Cleoleo
Congrats with your score! Must be a relief to get it out of the way :tongue: Which books did you use to prepare? and how was it time wise?
I still don't see any patterns with AR :/

Thanks :smile: yeah it is :P i only used the 600 qs book, and the practice tests on the ukcat website. Time wise it was fine, had time to check over everything except having to guess a few in the AR. Yeah i found AR hardest
Anyone hear about the first synthetic organ transplant? Absolutely amazing in my opinion.
Original post by Normandy114
Anyone hear about the first synthetic organ transplant? Absolutely amazing in my opinion.

Yeah incredible!
:hi: This thread is too fast!
Original post by JChoudhry
:hi: This thread is too fast!

7 posts today, wouldn't really say that's that fast...

how's it going?
Original post by rhetoric
I did all the questions in the 600 qs book and then did the online practice tests on the ukcat website. It was for about 2 or 3 weeks but I was doing school work, open days etc at the same time

Wow youre kinda amazing:biggrin:
Original post by Normandy114
7 posts today, wouldn't really say that's that fast...

how's it going?

Not too bad :p:

Good, you?
Reply 5407
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Wow youre kinda amazing:biggrin:

Haha not really, but thanks :smile: I think the main point of practising for the ukcat is just to familiarise yourself with the questions, so spending much longer preparing wouldn't really make much difference :smile: have you booked yours?
Realised that the only UKCAT revision i've done is for AR... :redface: i s'pose i should try the rest of it :frown:
Original post by rhetoric
Haha not really, but thanks :smile: I think the main point of practising for the ukcat is just to familiarise yourself with the questions, so spending much longer preparing wouldn't really make much difference :smile: have you booked yours?

Nah not yet...i cant seem to decide on a date thats best, but i dont want to leave booking for much longer!

So you reckon just the 600q book and the practise papers are enough? i was thinking of buying the ukcat and bmat book
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5410
Back from work exp, one of the best weeks ever
Reply 5411
Original post by cz100

How was it? Learn much? :smile:
Original post by cz100

OMG! I KNOW! My work experience was amazing! :love:
Hey, stumbled across this thread whilst stalking the Medicine section hehe, I will be in your position in a years time! Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on Ukcat and applications! :biggrin:
Reply 5414
Original post by Nator
How was it? Learn much? :smile:

Brilliant, I loved it. Doing ward rounds etc, it's a bit like the Junior docs on TV only you are actually following it in real life.
Original post by JChoudhry
OMG! I KNOW! My work experience was amazing! :love:

I wish it was longer, feeling a bit sad now, the people I shadowed were all so nice and I sort of miss them.
Original post by cz100

I wish it was longer, feeling a bit sad now, the people I shadowed were all so nice and I sort of miss them.

I second that! I stayed over 2 hours longer on my last day because i didn't want to leave :tongue:

:biggrin: I'm glad you had such a great time!
Reply 5416
Original post by manic_fuzz
I second that! I stayed over 2 hours longer on my last day because i didn't want to leave :tongue:

:biggrin: I'm glad you had such a great time!

I couldn't stay longer, my taxi was booked to take me to the airport :sad:
Original post by cz100
I couldn't stay longer, my taxi was booked to take me to the airport :sad:

:frown: oh no, but my, you have some crazy plans going on there, straight from the hospital to the airport?! :eek:
Reply 5418
Original post by cz100
Brilliant, I loved it. Doing ward rounds etc, it's a bit like the Junior docs on TV only you are actually following it in real life.

Yeah that's so true, gotta love the profession :biggrin:
Also hows your PS coming along?
Original post by manic_fuzz
Realised that the only UKCAT revision i've done is for AR... :redface: i s'pose i should try the rest of it :frown:

At least you've done some. I'm still procrastinating.

Latest

Trending

Trending