The Student Room Group

The Norwegian Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Hey, you guys have done your UCAS applications already, right?

I do not intend to add my certificate from the lower secondary school, but I received some sort of certificate from there as well. Should I state that I got one, but not add one, or should I state that I didn't get any certificates?
Reply 361
Original post by stifa

I do not intend to add my certificate from the lower secondary school, but I received some sort of certificate from there as well. Should I state that I got one, but not add one, or should I state that I didn't get any certificates?

You only have to add the vitnemål from videregående.

Original post by Jørgen
As far as I'm aware, British universities operate in years, not semesters*, so the tuition fee is per year, not semester. Therefore, you'd pay for a year at a time, and so it's not 114K/semester but 114K/year (thankfully :tongue:).

* Of course they have something they call semesters, but they're not equivalent to semesters in Norwegian unis, which was my point.

I'm not sure who confused who, but I do know that the tuition fee is per year. I figured out that the university accepts that you split the fee into 2, meaning I'll pay £14800/2 twice per year, instead of £14800 before each year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 362
Original post by ahpadt

I'm not sure who confused who, but I do know that the tuition fee is per year. I figured out that the university accepts that you split the fee into 2, meaning I'll pay £14800/2 twice per year, instead of £14800 before each year.

ahpadt
Given that I'll get 114k/semester, (...)

I'd say you confused me. :tongue:

And did you contact them and ask? Either way, why is that beneficial to you? Isn't it easier to pay once a year? (or is that not an option for some reason?)
Reply 363
EDIT: I just need to sit down and look at the numbers. Nvm. I'll work it out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 364
Most of the "stipend"-part is actually from those 60k. Only 2000 or so is for travelling, whereas the rest is from the extra scholarship.

Subtract the deafult support and make it into £s:
228,830 kr 90,800 kr = 138,030 kr = £15,903.72

Either does Lånekassen overestimate the British pound, or the travelling scholarship is more than you are entitled to. Either way, you have the money you're supposed to have. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 365
It works out just fine. :wink:
Reply 366
As a norwegian I don't need to apply for a visa (according to ANSA), but do I need to contact the embassy or anything for what ever reason? Or is it just to get on the plane and go to England?
Reply 367
The latter. :biggrin:

You just need to have a valid passport. :wink:
Reply 368
Original post by stifa
The latter. :biggrin:

You just need to have a valid passport. :wink:

Yeay I have an passport! I can go! YEAY!
Reply 370
Original post by Luceria
Just saying hello.

Hello :awesome:.. Just finished watching the live streaming of the world premiere in London, Trafalgar Square (Harry Potter). Wish I had been there!

Hello :awesome:, nice Location update :wink:
Reply 371
Original post by stifa

Don't know if you've seen this, but helped me a lot with my ucas application..

http://www.ansa.no/no/Fag_og_Land/Europa/Hovedsiden_om_utdanning_i_Storbritannia/Veiledning-til-utfylling-av-UCAS-soknaden/
Reply 372
Original post by NoShorty
Yeay I have an passport! I can go! YEAY!

You don't even need to register with the police or get a fødselsnummer, though you should register with the NHS just incase you have a medical emergency of some sort.

Original post by Luceria
:awesome: I know. Let's just forget that it isn't

Spoiler

.. That I'm too old and not British!

And you're a muggle! :teehee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 373

Thanks... it didn't answer my question though: should I select that I have received a qualification, but leave it out, or shall I just put that I did not get any qualification?

It seems that some of these points contradict SONOR's guide, but I trust ANSA more, so...
Reply 374
Original post by stifa
Thanks... it didn't answer my question though: should I select that I have received a qualification, but leave it out, or shall I just put that I did not get any qualification?

It seems that some of these points contradict SONOR's guide, but I trust ANSA more, so...

The ANSA way sounds like the way I did it.

Quoting my application:

Establishment 1

Secondary education/FE/HE

xxx videregaende skole
Attendance

Sandwich
From

01-Aug-2003
To

01-Nov-2010

Qualifications section

Highest level of qualification expected Below honours degree level qualifications

Qualification 1

Qualification type

Norway-Vitnemal-videregaende opplaering
Date taken

01-Dec-2010

(my dates are a little nutty cos I went to VGS quite a few years ago, but did privatisteksamen in the later years)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 375
Original post by Luceria
:awesome: I know. Let's just forget that it isn't

Spoiler

.. That I'm too old and not British!

Original post by Einheri

And you're a muggle! :teehee:

Original post by Luceria
I was trying not to think about that! :frown: :mad:

Tough life, lol. :tongue:
Reply 376
I also heard from Brimingham about entry requirements to the course I'd like to apply to:

Vitnemål: 5.00 with 5's and 6's in relevant subjects.

I only have 4.80, but have 6 in R2, 5 in Chemistry with a 6 on the exam and 5 in physics.
Challenge accepted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 377
Original post by Einheri
You don't even need to register with the police or get a fødselsnummer, though you should register with the NHS just incase you have a medical emergency of some sort.

NHS?
Reply 378
National Health Service

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Health_Service
Google is such a great fellow!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 379
Yes, I love google too, I just forget that it is there sometimes and ask stupid questions.

(Google and I dont' have the healthiest relationship :-P )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending