The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LukethePianoMan
What is your last.fm? Mines in my sig. Is that in your overall rankings or your 3 month rankings? Wow, I have just noticed Muse are actually 1st in my rankings, but thats probably because I listen to my other top 3 on my mp3 player! I'm starting to lose a bit of interest in Muse and getting more interested in other bands, for me thats bands like Radiohead, Massive Attack and other ambient trip hop type bands like Royksopp, Zero 7, Portishead and Air! When I feel I am losing interest in Muse, I just stick on Origin of Symmetry and my faith is usually restored :biggrin:

Ah, I don't have sigs enabled on here... my last.fm is hot_hedgehog. Top 8 for the last 3 months currently reads as: Queen, Frank Turner, Tom Waits, Ben Folds, Muse, Gogol Bordello, Radiohead and Biffy Clyro. I like to think that it's a nice varied set of artists.... :smile: It's crazy to think how much my musical taste has developed over being at uni... the only bands off my top 8 that I listened to before I came are Muse and Queen (but only the greatest hits!).

Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
They're still number one on mine, but Rise Against are catching up. Although, I'll be honest, their latest album was disappointing too. And Breaking Benjamin and Fightstar are on hiatus. Ergh, I need some new bands to listen to. But all that seems to get released is this **** version of pop punk that's gayer than Panic! at the Disco having sex with Elliot Minor.

I would suggest some other bands but I think that I go in some pretty random directions which don't seem particularly compatible with yours! My music taste changed massively when I started writing my dissertation - Queen got me though that!
Original post by hothedgehog
Ah, I don't have sigs enabled on here... my last.fm is hot_hedgehog. Top 8 for the last 3 months currently reads as: Queen, Frank Turner, Tom Waits, Ben Folds, Muse, Gogol Bordello, Radiohead and Biffy Clyro. I like to think that it's a nice varied set of artists.... :smile: It's crazy to think how much my musical taste has developed over being at uni... the only bands off my top 8 that I listened to before I came are Muse and Queen (but only the greatest hits!).

I would suggest some other bands but I think that I go in some pretty random directions which don't seem particularly compatible with yours! My music taste changed massively when I started writing my dissertation - Queen got me though that!

Ye my musical tastes have changed in the past year a lot too, I don't think I knew any Radiohead songs this time last year! And when I start uni I'll probably listen to a lot more too like you. My last fm is http://www.last.fm/user/LukeBentley1993. We have super compatability! Music you have in common includes Muse, Radiohead, Stereophonics, Biffy Clyro and Blur. What is the difference between Ben Folds and Ben Folds Five?
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Ye my musical tastes have changed in the past year a lot too, I don't think I knew any Radiohead songs this time last year! And when I start uni I'll probably listen to a lot more too like you. My last fm is http://www.last.fm/user/LukeBentley1993. We have super compatability! Music you have in common includes Muse, Radiohead, Stereophonics, Biffy Clyro and Blur. What is the difference between Ben Folds and Ben Folds Five?

I just accepted your add! :smile:

The difference between Ben Folds and Ben Folds Five is that Ben Folds Five was the band that Ben Folds used to be in who broke up and then Ben Folds did all his solo stuff afterwards and performed all of the instruments on the CDs himself. He just has a touring band now or goes on his own with a piano. Either way he's great live!
I just accepted your add! :smile:

The difference between Ben Folds and Ben Folds Five is that Ben Folds Five was the band that Ben Folds used to be in who broke up and then Ben Folds did all his solo stuff afterwards and performed all of the instruments on the CDs himself. He just has a touring band now or goes on his own with a piano. Either way he's great live!

Ah ye I saw, thanks for accepting!
No prob!

Also, news just out - Kate Hudson gave birth last night to a boy!

No prob!

Also, news just out - Kate Hudson gave birth last night to a boy!

are there pictures? I want to see!
Original post by museobsessed
are there pictures? I want to see!

Don't think so. It's only just kinda leaking through, I'm sure there will be an official announcement with perhaps some pics in it...
Reply 5927
Muse have slipped from first on my last.fm to 5th in the last 3 months!

33rd in the last 12 months for me :s-smilie: shameful aha
Original post by Jehuty^

Original post by Jehuty^
33rd in the last 12 months for me :s-smilie: shameful aha

I beat that :cool:
90th in the last 12 months :awesome:
Reply 5929
Original post by Stray_talk
I beat that :cool:
90th in the last 12 months :awesome:

I think it's got more to do with the fact that my music listening has massively dropped off since Spotify changed its free user plan, but good effort on your part :cool:
Original post by Jehuty^

Original post by Jehuty^
I think it's got more to do with the fact that my music listening has massively dropped off since Spotify changed its free user plan, but good effort on your part :cool:

spotify pissed me off so much by doing that
Original post by Jehuty^

Original post by Jehuty^

Pfffft.
Kate Hudson gave birth to Matt's first child last night!
Original post by Mendeleev's Table
Kate Hudson gave birth to Matt's first child last night!

Keep up, we found out that a page ago! :P
Reply 5934
Matthew James Bellamy the 2nd, blates.
Original post by Jehuty^

Original post by Jehuty^
Matthew James Bellamy the 2nd, blates.

haha that would be funny

http://www.3am.co.uk/kate-hudson-and-matt-bellamy-ask-for-more-trees-after-birth-of-baby-boy/28462/
is the latest news
Matthew Seven Belamy
Reply 5937
Matthew Seven Belamy

The Beckhams :facepalm:
Original post by Jehuty^

Original post by Jehuty^
The Beckhams :facepalm:

my sentiment exactly
I do want to know what this new boy is called though