Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by CityTrader
Yep me too, the one in London yar?

Yeah, 10.30?
Original post by antas33
Yeah, 10.30?

Hah yer
Is it worth going to a PwC insight day if you're interested in IB?
Reply 503
Completely off topic and nothing to do with investment banking......... But is anyone going to the Deloitte event in the city next week?

You mean the insight day? I went to that recently, was pretty good.
Original post by Tateco
You mean the insight day? I went to that recently, was pretty good.

Oh rite, that's good to hear - this one is only a couple hours long tho, was that the same length to the one that you attended!
Reply 505
Hah yer

Do you know the dress code?
Original post by antas33
Do you know the dress code?

Hmm, this is just what I was going to ask - I presume suits?
Reply 507

Yeah, you can always just take the jacket or tie off, make it less formal
Reply 508
Oh rite, that's good to hear - this one is only a couple hours long tho, was that the same length to the one that you attended!

Yeah it was just a few hours, worth it though,

A lot of people wore suits (a lot of the guys), I wasn't one of them though (but I did wear suit trousers, a shirt and a tie). It definitely isn't necessary to wear suits but wear what you're comfortable in.
what would you say the main benefits are from this programme?
Reply 510
Original post by joebarron
what would you say the main benefits are from this programme?

Definitely just the brand name for your CV.
Original post by Tateco

:lolwut: I always wonder what impact, saying 'I went to an insight day' will have. My guess is none, unless people are going to stretch the truth of the matter.
Reply 512
Original post by Tateco

Is it not awkward to put "participant, [insert firm]" as WE on your CV? I mean, unless you exaggerate, what can you actually write about it? I would have thought the only relevance would be to bring it up in an interview for that particular firm. E.g. I put down barclays wealth "insight" day, UBS trading simulation on my CV; it led to a rejection for JPmorgan.

Anyway, going LSE tomorrow!
Original post by Junaid16
:lolwut: I always wonder what impact, saying 'I went to an insight day' will have. My guess is none, unless people are going to stretch the truth of the matter.

Hopefully this will be recognised as a bit more than just an insight day.

Also a good networking opportunity.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Competencies
Hopefully this will be recognised as a bit more than just an insight day.

Also a good networking opportunity.

The J.P Morgan opportunity is great, I was referring to the Deloitte insight day:smile:
Reply 515

I wouldn't put insight days down, but you can call this "J P Morgan School Scheme" which is what it's name is, and it makes it sound much more impressive than "insight day". I don't think I'd put insight days on my CV.
Reply 516
The J.P Morgan opportunity is great, I was referring to the Deloitte insight day:smile:

Then you misunderstood what I was saying :tongue: I meant brand name on the CV for the JP Morgan programme. The Deloitte insight day is simply to get information about a scheme and should definitely not be referenced in a CV.
Reply 517
What year did you have to be to apply? 12 or 13?
Original post by JK29
What year did you have to be to apply? 12 or 13?

Both.
Will it help with future applications to JPM? Yeah i think getting traders/investment bankers contacts will really help!

Quick Reply

Latest