The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Come on here after ages and see that someones done their UKCAT and done amazing in it.

I''m scared.
Eurrggghh, it's all becoming real too fast :frown: Got UKCAT in less than a month, need to get on practice to be honest. How are you guys finding writing personal statements?
Original post by Limitless
At least you've done some. I'm still procrastinating.

DO IT! :biggrin:

Original post by oHellno
Come on here after ages and see that someones done their UKCAT and done amazing in it.

I''m scared.

maybe... accidentally push them in front of a bus? :redface:
:biggrin: but nah, i'm sure we'll all do fine when it comes to it!
Reply 5423
Original post by infintywhirls
Eurrggghh, it's all becoming real too fast :frown: Got UKCAT in less than a month, need to get on practice to be honest. How are you guys finding writing personal statements?

My ukcat's next month as well :five:

Pfft, my personal statement is virtually non existent. Hopefully, I shall have written a a few paragraphs sentences.

I've just realised I haven't posted on here in ageeees!
Reply 5424
Those here who are applying to Oxbridge, have you chosen your colleges yet?
Original post by sablarrr
My ukcat's next month as well :five:

Pfft, my personal statement is virtually non existent. Hopefully, I shall have written a a few paragraphs sentences.

I've just realised I haven't posted on here in ageeees!

Everything I try and write is the most cliched thing in the world and to be pretty frank, sucks. :s-smilie: Ahh well, I guess we do have a lot of time though.
Reply 5426
Less than 2 weeks to my UKCAT test :s-smilie:

I was messing around with the official UKCAT online practice test just now and realised that the onscreen calculator closes each time you move on to the next question. Is there anyway to make the onscreen calculator...continually on the screen? :rolleyes:
Original post by cz100
Brilliant, I loved it. Doing ward rounds etc, it's a bit like the Junior docs on TV only you are actually following it in real life.

I wish it was longer, feeling a bit sad now, the people I shadowed were all so nice and I sort of miss them.

I miss my place too! It was at the Royal London Hospital and I LOVED it! :biggrin: I added one of the doctors of facebook :laugh:
Original post by Ergo
Less than 2 weeks to my UKCAT test :s-smilie:

I was messing around with the official UKCAT online practice test just now and realised that the onscreen calculator closes each time you move on to the next question. Is there anyway to make the onscreen calculator...continually on the screen? :rolleyes:

Nah it says on the UKCAT website that the calculations will be lost when moving onto the next question: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/details.aspx?page=testroom#calculators
Aw at least it will be over soon :smile:
Mine's in like three but i'm not sure i'm anywhere near ready, the timing is a b*tch
Reply 5429
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Nah it says on the UKCAT website that the calculations will be lost when moving onto the next question: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/details.aspx?page=testroom#calculators
Aw at least it will be over soon :smile:
Mine's in like three but i'm not sure i'm anywhere near ready, the timing is a b*tch

Thanks for the info!

Yup, agree with you about the timing. How are you doing on VR and QR? I'm generally a slow reader and can't complete these 2 sections on time :frown:
Original post by Ergo
Thanks for the info!

Yup, agree with you about the timing. How are you doing on VR and QR? I'm generally a slow reader and can't complete these 2 sections on time :frown:

No problem :smile:
I find VR okay because i don't really read the passage, i sort of scan it and find the answers quite quickly without reading the whole thing, just need to improve on accuracy because i usually have time left over.
QR is alright for difficulty, but horrible for time
I'm acctually in love with DA, it may save my score from AR - which i'm hopeless at
Only our results will tell :rolleyes:
Reply 5431
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
No problem :smile:
I find VR okay because i don't really read the passage, i sort of scan it and find the answers quite quickly without reading the whole thing, just need to improve on accuracy because i usually have time left over.
QR is alright for difficulty, but horrible for time
I'm acctually in love with DA, it may save my score from AR - which i'm hopeless at
Only our results will tell :rolleyes:

I feel that VR is okay, but in my rush to skim through the passage I often miss out on certain details.
QR is not that hard too but calculations take up a lot of time.
AR is actually my favourite section (I can't believe I'm saying this!) and my general strategy is to compare based on criteria like colours, number of objects, number of sides etc. based on what seems right at that moment :tongue: But often there may be more than one relationship between the shapes that I don't realise.
DA is...fun when the codes are short, heh.

All the best for your UKCAT :smile:
Original post by Ergo
I feel that VR is okay, but in my rush to skim through the passage I often miss out on certain details.
QR is not that hard too but calculations take up a lot of time.
AR is actually my favourite section (I can't believe I'm saying this!) and my general strategy is to compare based on criteria like colours, number of objects, number of sides etc. based on what seems right at that moment :tongue: But often there may be more than one relationship between the shapes that I don't realise.
DA is...fun when the codes are short, heh.

All the best for your UKCAT :smile:

Yeah i think the only way is timed practise, since time is the main constraint
Thanks, you too
I'm sure we'll be fine though :tongue:
Original post by oHellno

I''m scared.

Whos done it? What did they get?
Reply 5434
Good luck, my preeetties! :wink:
Original post by Limitless
Whos done it? What did they get?

rhetoric got 757.5.
Original post by Nator
Those here who are applying to Oxbridge, have you chosen your colleges yet?

:redface: nope, not a clue in the slightest yet!

Well, i got home well over an hour ago and still haven't started anything productive... time for some UKCAT revision :rolleyes:
Reply 5437
Original post by manic_fuzz
:redface: nope, not a clue in the slightest yet!

Well, i got home well over an hour ago and still haven't started anything productive... time for some UKCAT revision :rolleyes:

We had to register it internally but nothing is final :biggrin:

Haha I haven't really started any solid UKCAT revision, doing PS atm :smile:
Original post by Nator
We had to register it internally but nothing is final :biggrin:

Haha I haven't really started any solid UKCAT revision, doing PS atm :smile:

Oooh okay :s-smilie: which is you're preferred college?

Aaaah, i've got my test booked for the 20th of this month... :| i'm somewhat unexcited :tongue:
Haven't even started my PS though, i guess i'll just start that once the UKCAT pressure is off :wink:
I had a dream where I had to sit the UKCAT and went through each section in my dream (how sad is that?!?! D; ) But after the dream it made me realise I don't know if I have any formal ID...

My passport expired, I haven't got my provisional license yet (though planning to soon)

What did you guys use as proof of ID?:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending