Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nator
Just started today with some AR :smile:
And just did that too and got 71/87, breakdown of marks:

VR = 18/24
AR = 19/25
DA = 13/14
QR = 21/24

Taking this as a positive as I haven't really started any solid revision :biggrin:

Yeah same, I've not really done much practice yet, but from that I got VR: 18/24, QR: 17/24, AR: 18/25, DA: 11/14. Have you booked yours yet? I've got to try and find some proof that I receive EMA so I can get the bursary before I can book it, although I'm thinking first couple weeks of August.
Reply 5461
Original post by Normandy114
Yeah same, I've not really done much practice yet, but from that I got VR: 18/24, QR: 17/24, AR: 18/25, DA: 11/14. Have you booked yours yet? I've got to try and find some proof that I receive EMA so I can get the bursary before I can book it, although I'm thinking first couple weeks of August.

Good stuff :smile: And yeah for 3rd Sep, not too late or too early and enough time for revision. And what's EMA?
Reply 5462
Original post by manic_fuzz

:tongue: it's because even UKCAT are excited about the last film :wink:

:lol: good on them :wink:
Original post by Nator
Good stuff :smile: And yeah for 3rd Sep, not too late or too early and enough time for revision. And what's EMA?

Educational Maintenance Allowance, it was a government-issued payment of £10, £20 or £30 for sixth formers from homes with low incomes. It got scrapped in the government spending review, so this year will be its last.
I want to do my UKCAT nice and soonish so that it's out of the way and I can finalise university choices. September is ages away in my opinion, but then again I'm not doing much this summer so maybe that's why :smile:
Reply 5464
Educational Maintenance Allowance, it was a government-issued payment of £10, £20 or £30 for sixth formers from homes with low incomes. It got scrapped in the government spending review, so this year will be its last.
I want to do my UKCAT nice and soonish so that it's out of the way and I can finalise university choices. September is ages away in my opinion, but then again I'm not doing much this summer so maybe that's why :smile:

Oh right I see, let's hope they allow it then :smile:
And that's fair enough, and what about work experience/volunteering? Also what unis you planning to apply for? :smile:
Reply 5465
Original post by cz100
I'll post it in PS help when I've decided more on the unis. It's just different places have different emphasis on placements so I have to keep it balanced. Completely stuck at 4282 characters now, and I also have a senior prefect interview in August so might have a little bit more to put in.

Good luck breaking it down :smile: Also you know what college you are applying to for Cambridge?
Original post by Nator
Oh right I see, let's hope they allow it then :smile:
And that's fair enough, and what about work experience/volunteering? Also what unis you planning to apply for? :smile:

Work experience isn't the best, but it's not too bad, I spent a week earlier this year shadowing a consultant, a week a year and a half ago as a teaching assistant for both 5 and 7 year olds. I've also done 3 months volunteering in a local charity shop, and hopefully over the summer I'll be doing a job as a supper assistant at a care home, so making teas, bringing meals etc., and I'm trying to get some work experience shadowing a GP at some point too. Universities wise I'm quite dependant upon doing well in either the UKCAT or BMAT, due to my GCSE grades being not the best. I got an A* and 5As, but discovered earlier this week one of my A's is in a short course so is actually only 4.5As, which puts me under the 6A requirement for several universities :angry:.
Reply 5467
Work experience isn't the best, but it's not too bad, I spent a week earlier this year shadowing a consultant, a week a year and a half ago as a teaching assistant for both 5 and 7 year olds. I've also done 3 months volunteering in a local charity shop, and hopefully over the summer I'll be doing a job as a supper assistant at a care home, so making teas, bringing meals etc., and I'm trying to get some work experience shadowing a GP at some point too. Universities wise I'm quite dependant upon doing well in either the UKCAT or BMAT, due to my GCSE grades being not the best. I got an A* and 5As, but discovered earlier this week one of my A's is in a short course so is actually only 4.5As, which puts me under the 6A requirement for several universities :angry:.

That's good experience there :smile: And a job like that would look good in your PS no doubt. And fair enough, so taking it you will apply to BMAT/UKCAT unis? And oh damn that sucks, do any BMAT unis have the 6A requirement too?
Original post by Nator
That's good experience there :smile: And a job like that would look good in your PS no doubt. And fair enough, so taking it you will apply to BMAT/UKCAT unis? And oh damn that sucks, do any BMAT unis have the 6A requirement too?

Not that I know of, but it is Sheffield, as well as Liverpool, Nottingham and UEA that have that requirement. Liverpool I was considering and Sheffield I was if my UKCAT was spectacular. How is your work experience coming along?
Reply 5469
Not that I know of, but it is Sheffield, as well as Liverpool, Nottingham and UEA that have that requirement. Liverpool I was considering and Sheffield I was if my UKCAT was spectacular. How is your work experience coming along?

That's good then and oh right I see. And not bad, done 2 weeks Hospital and in the Summer will do 2 weeks GP plus an additional 2 weeks of Hospital.
I did that practice test and got -
VR: 16/24, AR: 19/25, DA: 12/14, QR: 22/24, so 69/87, i'm not sure if that's a good sign or not :s-smilie: because those questions seemed a lot easier than the ones in the 600Q book,
and i swear there was no timer on there, but i was rushing through because i thought there might've been and it just wasn't shown :redface: ahah
I did that practice test and got -
VR: 16/24, AR: 19/25, DA: 12/14, QR: 22/24, so 69/87, i'm not sure if that's a good sign or not :s-smilie: because those questions seemed a lot easier than the ones in the 600Q book,
and i swear there was no timer on there, but i was rushing through because i thought there might've been and it just wasn't shown :redface: ahah

Same, I rushed through them all and finished in about 30 minutes, so left out the 15 minutes or so checking time there would have been remaining seeing as there are half as many questions as in the real thing.
Reply 5472
I seriously need to brush up on my QR. In the 600 uckat book, my timing is dire and I can't do half of them! :emo:
Same, I rushed through them all and finished in about 30 minutes, so left out the 15 minutes or so checking time there would have been remaining seeing as there are half as many questions as in the real thing.

Oooh that is rather quick! :lol: i'm not sure how long i took :s-smilie:
Although i think i'll have to put the UKCAT away for now... i've just realised i have 7.5 hours of lessons tomorrow and homework i haven't done :frown: ergh
Original post by sablarrr
I seriously need to brush up on my QR. In the 600 uckat book, my timing is dire and I can't do half of them! :emo:

That's because the QR in that book is notoriously difficult and harder than the actual exam. Calm down :smile:
Although on the flipside the DA in that book is also easier than the exam, so expect a shock.
Oooh that is rather quick! :lol: i'm not sure how long i took :s-smilie:
Although i think i'll have to put the UKCAT away for now... i've just realised i have 7.5 hours of lessons tomorrow and homework i haven't done :frown: ergh

7.5 hours? Ouch, my school day is only 6.5, with half of my lessons as free periods now and I've got the afternoon off tomorrow for sports day anyway :colone:
Reply 5476
Original post by sablarrr

Same, but apparently the book is harder than the actual test. I've not even got up to the questions marked** as they're even harder...
7.5 hours? Ouch, my school day is only 6.5, with half of my lessons as free periods now and I've got the afternoon off tomorrow for sports day anyway :colone:

Ah well it's because i have 5 hours lessons (so no frees) as well as after-school psychology which lasts 2.5 hours... i have the same on thursday too :frown:
:wink: although i have all of wednesday off for sports day
Ah well it's because i have 5 hours lessons (so no frees) as well as after-school psychology which lasts 2.5 hours... i have the same on thursday too :frown:
:wink: although i have all of wednesday off for sports day

:wink: i have 3/4 of wednesdays off anyway, and my one lesson is basically a chat with our chemistry teacher whilst we slowly do calculations. And after school psychology doesn't sound bad, is it AS or A2 or something else?
Reply 5479
That's because the QR in that book is notoriously difficult and harder than the actual exam. Calm down :smile:
Although on the flipside the DA in that book is also easier than the exam, so expect a shock.

Haha, wish I knew the meaning of calm :laugh: I need to polish up on percentages and mental maths (I knew brain training on ds would come in handy one day).

I actually like DA :tongue: Kind of. And VR's ok. AR is slightly terrible, but I'm improving.

Latest

Trending

Trending